St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 26/8/17

shull

I said after the match that for me this was the most complete performance from a Saints side in say the last five years and those around me all agreed.Offensively and defensively we were excellent and the 3-4-3 formation was brilliant.Not one failure in the side but obviously Morgan was absolutely devastating.His ball control on either foot is exceptional and has electrifying pace. I have to say that I continue to marvel at Cammy Smith he is a top top player and why McInnes let him leave the Dons totally baffles me.Finally Gavin Reilly just continues to impress me.I always thought he was a player since I first saw him in a friendly at Dumfries a few years ago I think he was only around 18 at the time.Good times ahead.

13 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I said after the match that for me this was the most complete performance from a Saints side in say the last five years and those around me all agreed.Offensively and defensively we were excellent and the 3-4-3 formation was brilliant.Not one failure in the side but obviously Morgan was absolutely devastating.His ball control on either foot is exceptional and has electrifying pace. I have to say that I continue to marvel at Cammy Smith he is a top top player and why McInnes let him leave the Dons totally baffles me.Finally Gavin Reilly just continues to impress me.I always thought he was a player since I first saw him in a friendly at Dumfries a few years ago I think he was only around 18 at the time.Good times ahead.

Let go because he does not score enough goals. There are signs that he's beginning to add that to his game. When he does he'll be of to a top  club for sure. Ross and Fowler probably better at developing talent than McInnes who in all fairness needs players that are doing the business now rather than in a few seasons time.

The most frustrating thing for me is that the media especially BBC Radio Scotland, barely give our game or more especially our performance a mention, more interested in St Johnstone's paint drying defensive display at Sellic Park. God help Scottish Football if this kind of defensive dross merits the number 1 comments in the media, no wonder Scottish Football is in the mess it's in. God bless St Mirren.

10 minutes ago, alshboy said:

The most frustrating thing for me is that the media especially BBC Radio Scotland, barely give our game or more especially our performance a mention, more interested in St Johnstone's paint drying defensive display at Sellic Park. God help Scottish Football if this kind of defensive dross merits the number 1 comments in the media, no wonder Scottish Football is in the mess it's in. God bless St Mirren.

Agree 100% I love the fact we are are winning but it's the way we are playing that makes it so enjoyable. After years of pretty poor stuff the last 6 or 7 months have been a breath of fresh air, can't wait Saturday to Saturday now. I think the morton game was just a blip coupled with that wee scroat collum refereeing. Dont get me wrong there is still areas we can improve and i am not getting carried away but as long as we are in the mix i will be happy. My biggest concern is how long we will keep hold of of morgan though if we lose him it will be devastating blow he will have a good career whatever happens hope he realises seeing out the season here is not a bad thing!

The most frustrating thing for me is that the media especially BBC Radio Scotland, barely give our game or more especially our performance a mention, more interested in St Johnstone's paint drying defensive display at Sellic Park.

Long may it continue. Let's keep flying under the radar and hope nobody even knows Morgan is playing for us until we're promoted.

Thoroughly enjoyed Saturdays game, one of the best performances in a very long time. Don't know if United were poor or if it was us making them look thus but maybe its Dunfermline who are the ones to look out for now. That should be some game when we meet them. I think if we can sustain this kind of form the crowds will start to come back in numbers, many already have.

Impressed with McShane and Buchanan as well as the obvious ones, and Liam Smith looked decent too. Sammy was entertaining as well as making a crucial early save. Its early days but how refreshing to be able to look forward to matches and actually be entertained ! Well done to Jack Ross and his players.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Any word yet on Liam Smith's injury?

Also, will Morgan and Smith be ruled out of the Hearts Colts game due to joining up with the Scotland U21 squad?

Going by the last round, and the quality of the opposition, surely we will be utilising some of the squad who play less often anyway.

51 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Going by the last round, and the quality of the opposition, surely we will be utilising some of the squad who play less often anyway.

Pretty sure the team will consist of the likes of Stewart,  Duffy,  Whyte,  Kirkpatrick, Crouch, etc with maybe McGinn, Reilly, Smith, Morgan on the bench if the unthinkable is happening.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

You don't think I believe that surely. I'm not that stupid just letting people on here know what kind of crap is being spouted. 

There's enough crap being spouted on here (yes....often by myself) without there being any need to share the inane slabberings of some attention starved P&B posters.

If we want to know what kind of crap is being spouted over there, I dare say we could pay it a visit.

43 minutes ago, elvis said:

So are you now the spokesman for this site. 

He has been telling me to go to bed recently as well as dishing out abuse. 

Then he runs away and hides behind the IGNORE DOODAH. 

:lol:

On 27/08/2017 at 11:14 AM, Ronnie said:

Lewis Morgan if still here.
Would be great if we had similar away support that we had both games that season. Noticed Dunfermline's crowds have been really good this season could be a 6000/7000 crowd for this one.

He may well be according to this piece in today's Herald.

"THERE seems little doubt that Lewis Morgan will be performing at a higher level before long after displaying all of his qualities in the comprehensive defeat of the Championship favourites.

A right foot finish, a left foot finish, pace, stamina and awareness to set up the third goal for Ian McShane – it was almost the complete performance from the 20-year-old who tormented the Terrors all day long.

This may provoke inquiries before Thursday’s transfer deadline, but the dream ticket for Morgan is to help St Mirren return to the top flight of Scottish football and then earn his move to pastures bigger and better.

With some justification, he feels Saints have illustrated their title credentials in the way they dismantled Dundee United who were, admittedly, lamentable in virtually all areas of the pitch.

Morgan said: “I’ve never hidden the fact that I want to progress to bigger and better things.

“But there’s no better team in the country for a young player to learn his trade it and I’m more than happy here.

“The gaffer’s been great for me and we have a really good relationship. He talks to me openly about stuff like this, which means a lot.

“Ideally, we’d get back up to the Premiership and then something could maybe happen for me - that would work for all concerned and I think we need to be looking at going for that after a result like this."

Guest TPAFKATS
Hibs fans over on P&B reckon if McGinn leaves Morgan will sign for them. 

Haha, I assume the Hibs fan has never seen Morgan play if he thinks he would replace McGinn.

2 hours ago, smcc said:

He may well be according to this piece in today's Herald.

"THERE seems little doubt that Lewis Morgan will be performing at a higher level before long after displaying all of his qualities in the comprehensive defeat of the Championship favourites.

A right foot finish, a left foot finish, pace, stamina and awareness to set up the third goal for Ian McShane – it was almost the complete performance from the 20-year-old who tormented the Terrors all day long.

This may provoke inquiries before Thursday’s transfer deadline, but the dream ticket for Morgan is to help St Mirren return to the top flight of Scottish football and then earn his move to pastures bigger and better.

With some justification, he feels Saints have illustrated their title credentials in the way they dismantled Dundee United who were, admittedly, lamentable in virtually all areas of the pitch.

Morgan said: “I’ve never hidden the fact that I want to progress to bigger and better things.

“But there’s no better team in the country for a young player to learn his trade it and I’m more than happy here.

“The gaffer’s been great for me and we have a really good relationship. He talks to me openly about stuff like this, which means a lot.

“Ideally, we’d get back up to the Premiership and then something could maybe happen for me - that would work for all concerned and I think we need to be looking at going for that after a result like this."

What a boy!! :wub: