St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 26/8/17

shull

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's floating around twitter. Have you head anything ? 

And Facebook, where there is also a campaign to get Cheesy back.

I would get Marc signed pronto and in the Team on Saturday.

Would be immense in this League and I would make him Captain.

I see Dundee Utd's Scott Fraser is struggling with an injury but they are doing everything possible to get him fit for Saturday. The courier reports

Fraser limped off with a quarter-of-an-hour remaining of Saturday’s 1-0 win over Brechin at Tannadice and the concern was that he would need a spell on the sidelines. It is the same foot that he hurt before. He has had a screw put in so it takes a bit of time to settle but everything seems to be fine 

Once this Saturday’s Championship clash with St Mirren in Paisley is over and done with then Fraser will be given time off.

They obviously think we are a threat if they are screwing players together to get their strongest team on the park.

This game is a big one - but only 3 points are at stake - there is a long way to go and lots more points to play for.

That said,  we might not be at full strength yet, but they are not looking too convincing either.

They have guys like MacDonald, Keatings and King on their day can do the business. But Buchannan and Baird can both be great, fast, good at shutting down, tackling and decent in the air - it is about concentration and their team mates shutting down the supply lines and tracking back with their midfield ...

I would play with Ecks in the middle of defence again for cover and Stelios and Smith as the wing-backs.

Smith and a few others should let McMullen know some hard tackles .. but no sending offs this week please?

If we shut them down - our confidence will grow and we will make chances... winners are ruthless... so goals from any of our players will do (they are all capable now - something we struggled at for years), zealous determination to accept nothing but victory.. Mr J R - get them TELT 

Send them back to Dundee knowing they have serious challengers..  COYS 2 v 0

"This game is a big one - but only 3 points are at stake - there is a long way to go and lots more points to play for. "

Also available from this album

We take it each game at a time, its a game of two halves, its a long way to Tipperary  , its 11 v 11, Win , Lose or Draw, and the classic- If that had crossed the line it would have been a goal!!

12 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Injury list growing with McKenzie out for the next three weeks add in suspensions we must be getting weaker. So let's see what kind of team you would put out against Dundee United.  

An attacking team. 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

This game is a big one - but only 3 points are at stake - there is a long way to go and lots more points to play for.

That said,  we might not be at full strength yet, but they are not looking too convincing either.

They have guys like MacDonald, Keatings and King on their day can do the business. But Buchannan and Baird can both be great, fast, good at shutting down, tackling and decent in the air - it is about concentration and their team mates shutting down the supply lines and tracking back with their midfield ...

I would play with Ecks in the middle of defence again for cover and Stelios and Smith as the wing-backs.

Smith and a few others should let McMullen know some hard tackles .. but no sending offs this week please?

If we shut them down - our confidence will grow and we will make chances... winners are ruthless... so goals from any of our players will do (they are all capable now - something we struggled at for years), zealous determination to accept nothing but victory.. Mr J R - get them TELT 

Send them back to Dundee knowing they have serious challengers..  COYS 2 v 0

Hope I'm wrong here , Thought Baird was suspended for two games ? Ecks was sent off at Livingston so suspended. McKenzie injured it will have to be a make shift defence. If what I wrote is true then I would say we are in trouble at the back. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hope I'm wrong here , Thought Baird was suspended for two games ? Ecks was sent off at Livingston so suspended. McKenzie injured it will have to be a make shift defence. If what I wrote is true then I would say we are in trouble at the back. 

Guess you know by now that you were wrong . I don't think it is a makeshift defence unless any I suggested pick up an injury or has a strain we don't know about. These younger centre-backs might be our future, but this week they will be the present central defence.

J R is not daft, these guys are here on merit and this is an opportunity to prove that and gain more experience and confidence. ECKs beside them as an old heed and we play as at least equals ... knowing we can and want to win more than they do!!!

From the back, through the middle and Reilly roaming the box like a ninja  ..  O W T S G M I