Injury Updates

3 minutes ago, porks said:

Why's everyone pissin their pants? We have 4 centre halves, two are available

After last weeks good result and performance i think people are understandably concerned that with another big match, big crowd etc comes big expectations that fall on the shoulders of Baird, and Buchanan without Irvines dig to help them out, and Eckersley still feeling his way back to full match fitness.

After last weeks good result and performance i think people are understandably concerned that with another big match, big crowd etc comes big expectations that fall on the shoulders of Baird, and Buchanan without Irvines dig to help them out, and Eckersley still feeling his way back to full match fitness.

Understand that but if we are going to have a squad then we have to be prepared to use it, otherwise what's the point of having these players?

We won't always be able to play our first picks and can't just go and get more players in every time a few are out.

11 minutes ago, porks said:

Understand that but if we are going to have a squad then we have to be prepared to use it, otherwise what's the point of having these players?

We won't always be able to play our first picks and can't just go and get more players in every time a few are out.

I get that, and i am sure everyone else does, the point is it highlights the folly of signing someone you know cant play for months, but you really need him now. 

Lets hope we win, We really dont want to be marching the faithfull up to the top of the hill again for a big disappointment like Cappielow.

Unfortunate but think we have a back four without Eckersley who himself managed 90 mins most of it with 10 men. The lack of clean sheets post-Davis shows why we needed him back. Doubt we'd get anyone else of his quality so worth the wait IMO.

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

McKenzie misses at least 5 games through injury every season. Has done for years.

This is why we managed to sign him in the first place. In saying that he's been hopeless so far this season so him being out isn't a disaster.

Yes just miss out what he did at the tail end of last season. Turns out he got an injury in the Falkirk game. He played against Morton with an injury then left out in Livingston due to the injury. Nice to read your positive view on a injured player. A fit McKenzie is an asset. 

1 hour ago, David Mc said:

Unfortunate but think we have a back four without Eckersley who himself managed 90 mins most of it with 10 men. The lack of clean sheets post-Davis shows why we needed him back. Doubt we'd get anyone else of his quality so worth the wait IMO.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. The results in Davis's games

Dumbarton 2 Saints 2
East Fife 2 Saints 3    (2 Penalties)
Saints 4 New Saints 1
Ayr 0 Saints 2
Saints 2 Hibs 0
Celtic 4 Saints 1
Raith 2 Saints 0
Saints 0 Dunfermline 0
Saints 3 Dundee Utd 2

Only 3 shut outs in 9 games. hardly a great record. Don't forget the penalties he conceded too (and the couple of bookings). But he did score 3 goals as well. Don't get me wrong I would pick him if fit in a heart beat and glad we signed him.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yes just miss out what he did at the tail end of last season. Turns out he got an injury in the Falkirk game. He played against Morton with an injury then left out in Livingston due to the injury. Nice to read your positive view on a injured player. A fit McKenzie is an asset. 

TC on the wind up again.

26 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Could easily be seen as three clean sheets from his last six games after settling in.   

It could indeed! Here is another straw to clutch at.In his last game against Dundee Utd , the second goal was scored after he got himself injured if we are going to be pedantic. A bad injury he sustained over reaching for a ball he had miss controlled. 

Yes we miss him. Yes we want him back as soon as possible. BUT last seasons great escape was completed with Baird (Booooo!) & McKenzie in central defence.

45 minutes ago, Radar said:

Only 3 shut outs in 9 games. hardly a great record. Don't forget the penalties he conceded too (and the couple of bookings). But he did score 3 goals as well. Don't get me wrong I would pick him if fit in a heart beat and glad we signed him.

I'll be even more glad when he's fit to play.

20 minutes ago, Radar said:

It could indeed! Here is another straw to clutch at.In his last game against Dundee Utd , the second goal was scored after he got himself injured if we are going to be pedantic. A bad injury he sustained over reaching for a ball he had miss controlled. 

Yes we miss him. Yes we want him back as soon as possible. BUT last seasons great escape was completed with Baird (Booooo!) & McKenzie in central defence.

21 minutes ago, Radar said:

Happy to clutch at straws.  Optimist really!  

Baird needs to learn from his errors.  If he does there's a player there IMO.  The two penalties against Morton were daft challenges.  

17 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Baird needs to learn from his errors.  If he does there's a player there IMO.  The two penalties against Morton were daft challenges.  

Same could be said about Davis against East Fife.

16 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Bear in mind his close teammate was not anywhere near properly fit with a head injury - the central pairing both need to work together to prevent being left on the wrong side of players and other team mates need to cut out the supply lines ..Yes he is still young, but every player makes mistakes, and has off days, trouble is in goals or defence, they are often more crucial.

At the end of last season Baird stood out as strong, growing in confidence and well worth the jersey every week. I am hopeful he will play a blinder on Saturday.. but let's see