Injury Updates

21 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

A fully fit MacKenzie will be another good player available and very likely able to squeeze into the 1st 11. - He is a leader and will add a good bit to the team..

We will still be missing Todd - and he looks handy - though he might not be an automatic 1st choice player, he is a very good guy to have in the midfield.

There might be injury's or suspensions to come - so I would like to see him back soon too - NOT sure when he will be fit again - any ideas?

Is Dale Hilson struggling to shake off an injury or just down the pecking order?

What has happened to Gary Irvine too?

Will anyone be offloaded in January - and where should we strengthen ???????

Hilson came on for half hour against LTHV & was utter gash. (IMO)

Irvine is injured but close to return according to the link to Gazette page earlier.   Also in that story is that Todd is still 4-5 weeks away.

37 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

A fully fit MacKenzie will be another good player available and very likely able to squeeze into the 1st 11. - He is a leader and will add a good bit to the team..

We will still be missing Todd - and he looks handy - though he might not be an automatic 1st choice player, he is a very good guy to have in the midfield.

There might be injury's or suspensions to come - so I would like to see him back soon too - NOT sure when he will be fit again - any ideas?

Is Dale Hilson struggling to shake off an injury or just down the pecking order?

What has happened to Gary Irvine too?

Will anyone be offloaded in January - and where should we strengthen ???????

OK, I prob'ly should've said our best starting 11 by the festive period. We'll still need good squad players like Irvine who as the report said was still a week or two away from being ready to play.

As for the window I'm happy with the defence and expect to see McCart go back to Celtic, hopefully Liam Smith is not in Hearts plans!

Midfield I'm happy with too - praying that no-one makes a "offer we can't refuse" :fire2for Morgan, but other than that I'd stick. Wasn't Mackenzie supposed to be able to play defensive midfield - if so that would give us an extra option in that area too.

It's upfront I reckon we'll see movement with Hilson & Sutton not starters altho' both have chipped in with goals and Duffy even further away from a regular start. I've heard/read the rumours about Loy and would be happy with that.

So for me 2/3 fringe players out to get a quality striker - don't know if any of the guys we've loaned out are capable of coming in and competing.

Edited by Bud the Baker

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

When are our injured players due back??

Eckersley 

Todd

and what is the score with Kirkpatrick - is he going out on loan ????

Eckersley is two or three weeks away.

Todd is set to start back full training this month so possibly not ready until February.  

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Not had an injury crisis in a while. emoji57.png

18th February players out

Alex Gogic...........?
Keanu Baccus.....?
Scott Tanser........?
Alex Grieve..........3 to 4 weeks
Richard Tait.........5 to 7 weeks
Jonah Ayunga.....26 weeks

Add Gallagher to that, a hamstring injury is usually at least 4 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Hope Carson is ok after that assault on him at the death. Shocking challenge that was worth a couple of reds. 

I didn’t see the actual challenge because of the players in front of it but after seeing it tonight on sportscene, I hope the wee bastard gets the book thrown at him 😡 Shocking challenge .

9 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I didn’t see the actual challenge because of the players in front of it but after seeing it tonight on sportscene, I hope the wee bastard gets the book thrown at him 😡 Shocking challenge .

When I saw it in "real" time I thought "What's all the fuss about" as he had to go for the ball.

The replays show both feet off the ground and we're lucky that Carson wasn't seriously hurt.

Aye, rash by the boy, he'll get a suitable ban.

Not had an injury crisis in a while. [emoji57]

18th February players out

Alex Gogic...........?
Keanu Baccus.....?
Scott Tanser........?
Alex Grieve..........3 to 4 weeks
Richard Tait.........5 to 7 weeks
Jonah Ayunga.....26 weeks

25th February update

Alex Gogic...........looks like he's fit
Keanu Baccus.....doubtful
Scott Tanser........doubtful
Declan Gallacher.?
Alex Grieve..........2 to 3 weeks
Richard Tait.........4 to 6 weeks
Jonah Ayunga.....25 weeks

25th February update

Alex Gogic...........looks like he's fit
Keanu Baccus.....doubtful
Scott Tanser........doubtful
Declan Gallacher.?
Alex Grieve..........2 to 3 weeks
Richard Tait.........4 to 6 weeks
Jonah Ayunga.....25 weeks

3rd March update

Keanu Baccus........Awaiting fitness test
Scott Tanser...........Awaiting fitness test
Alex Grieve.............Awaiting fitness test
Joe Shaughnessy...Awaiting fitness test
Declan Gallacher...?
Richard Tait...........3 to 5 weeks
Jonah Ayunga.......24 weeks

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

3rd March update

Keanu Baccus........Awaiting fitness test
Scott Tanser...........Awaiting fitness test
Alex Grieve.............Awaiting fitness test
Joe Shaughnessy...Awaiting fitness test
Declan Gallacher...?
Richard Tait...........3 to 5 weeks
Jonah Ayunga.......24 weeks

Better. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

With the current break, we should see how serious Watt is about playing for us as opposed as using Saints as a place to get fit so he can market himself for next season.  No game last week and inelligible to play against United means he will have had just shy of 3 weeks to really improve stamina and start dealing with the extra weight he has been carrying.  It will also be a godsend in terms of any injuries and twinges he has been experiencing

I hope the team and the player have used this break wisely

• 3 weeks later...