Sign in to follow this  
Sweeper07

Injury Updates

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:31 AM, shull said:

Not even Jack knows

Watched Jack's post match interview and he gave us an excellent update - of course things can go wrong, but hopefully the 3 stars are on their way back for games very soon!!!

Another week and presumably no immediate return for Magennis, MacKenzie or Davis as none of them featured in the midweek U-20 match.

It was always a risk but I'm disappointed Davis is not ready to return yet given that the initial rumours were that he'd be fit by the end of August.

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Another week and presumably no immediate return for Magennis, MacKenzie or Davis as none of them featured in the midweek U-20 match.

It was always a risk but I'm disappointed Davis is not ready to return yet given that the initial rumours were that he'd be fit by the end of August.

Magennis was said to be back in training this week according to Jack's post-match interview on Saturday. Unlikely to feature this weekend, Davis not far off being back in training I believe. Mackenzie another kettle of fish sadly. No idea when we'll see him again.

10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

They didn't say what year!

Have to say I'm also very disappointed Davis isn't fit yet, but when he is he will make a huge difference to our defence, and I am far more relaxed about the situation at the moment given we're top of the table without 3 of our most influential and important players.

On 10/2/2017 at 9:29 AM, Sweeper07 said:

Watched Jack's post match interview and he gave us an excellent update - of course things can go wrong, but hopefully the 3 stars are on their way back for games very soon!!!

the great thing about this post is that it can probably be used again in a month's time

It's a gutter that Davies isn't fit yet, I'm sure the lads and our physiology are doing all they can. Predicting return dates for that kind of injury is more often than not a shot in the dark.

Please tell me that SMISA isn't paying for our physiology department, I can only see carnage if it is.

7 hours ago, Soctty said:

Magennis was said to be back in training this week according to Jack's post-match interview on Saturday. Unlikely to feature this weekend, Davis not far off being back in training I believe. Mackenzie another kettle of fish sadly. No idea when we'll see him again.

has McKenzie got a real injury or is it a fall out with manager??

15 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Please tell me that SMISA isn't paying for our physiology department, I can only see carnage if it is. emoji23.png

My phone logy onto Physio for some reason :lol: didn't even realise hahaha 

13 hours ago, paul torfason said:

has McKenzie got a real injury or is it a fall out with manager??

Why would it have to be a fall out with the manager?

Even if it isn't a 'real injury' (mere speculation at this stage) there are any number of personal issues that could feature that have little or nothing to do with his relationship with the manager.

What exactly constitutes a 'real injury?' 

There's a few rumours - wholly unsubstantiated at this point I might add...bit they are definitely there  - that Gary is having a bit of a hard time in a non-physical sense with one thing or another. 

Does this fall under the category of 'petted lip' or 'ripped tights'? In this day and age, I think it's fair enough that a club might help and be patient with a player rather than telling them to stop whining and get on with it. 

As I said, no foundation to this yet but we've all heard the mumblings so it's fair to address them. If this is the case then well done to the club for not rushing the guy back. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

There's a few rumours - wholly unsubstantiated at this point I might add...bit they are definitely there  - that Gary is having a bit of a hard time in a non-physical sense with one thing or another. 

Does this fall under the category of 'petted lip' or 'ripped tights'? In this day and age, I think it's fair enough that a club might help and be patient with a player rather than telling them to stop whining and get on with it. 

As I said, no foundation to this yet but we've all heard the mumblings so it's fair to address them. If this is the case then well done to the club for not rushing the guy back. 

You go to games and most faces become familiar just like a village something  else familiar with a village is gossiping story's grow arms and legs from a grain of truth ,  being the big man got a head knock then in Greenock we find out he has been suffering from the head knock from the previous week anyone at the game in Greenock could see something was wrong with the big chap. Flick the coin , weeks have past with no news it would be great to get an update before the village goes into overdrive. One thing clear about Jack Ross he backs his players 150% thats why he has so much respect from them. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Totally agree. Whatever the issue is Gary will be back when he is ready and not before then. Footballers deserve the same confidentiality as anyone else in their workplace.

58 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

. Flick the coin , weeks have past with no news it would be great to get an update before the village goes into overdrive.

Maybe the problem isn't the lack of news but the villagers themselves?

Gary will be back when he is ready to come back.

In the meantime perhaps the villagers should get a life instead of speculating.

Edited by oaksoft

44 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe the problem isn't the lack of news but the villagers themselves?

Gary will be back when he is ready to come back.

In the meantime perhaps the villagers should get a life instead of speculating.

"Perhaps", you say.

So you're just speculating then?

Go get a life. :)

Political correctness gone mad.
Get over it and get your boots on big man. We pay your wages and need you out there.
Need to get bank of Mac paying out again.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Get over it and get your boots on big man. We pay your wages and need you out there.

You either on the wind  up or a Mail reader?

2 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

FFS. The neanderthal is strong in this one. :blink: