Wee Raymie Balloch

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I thought the club held a minute's recognition of all fans who sadly passed away prior to the final home league match of the season, and photos and names of those sadly no longer with us were put up on the scoreboard. This allowed players, management and fans to show their respects.

They do. And my father was honored this, way, and it's a great way to respect fans no longer with us. But I feel when younger guys who die suddenly and we're a huge part of the club deserve this at the least 

8 minutes ago, smfcuk said:

They do. And my father was honored this, way, and it's a great way to respect fans no longer with us. But I feel when younger guys who die suddenly and we're a huge part of the club deserve this at the least 

Not arguing against that view. Was merely replying to BuddieinEK about doing something pre-game that allows players and management to participate. I don't think the 58th minute applause will particularly put players off, nor do I think every supporter's passing requires an 'organised' pre-game silence or applause as it is done for all at the final game anyway.

Edited by pozbaird

14 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Great idea to have a tribute for a deserving fan and I will certainly be paying my respects.

I would, however, have preferred it pre-match.

I can't help but feel that tributes during the match can act as a distraction to the players.

Pre-match, the players and management also have the option of joining in should they wish.

Honestly?

Let's just leave things to his friends who can do as they please

The idea that this will distract players is one of the great overthinks of our time

I am so sad you think this

Honestly?
Let's just leave things to his friends who can do as they please

The idea that this will distract players is one of the great overthinks of our time

I am so sad you think this

I'm genuinely sad that you are sad.

I shared my thoughts genuinely and sensitively.

Totally understand that it is a sensitive issue but I was only thinking about the best way to pay respects, which I fully intend to do.