Jack Ross...Notice of Compliance

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah I agree with your first sentence but this second sentence is a problem football needs to sort out ASAP.
Personally, I am sick of hearing "feelings running high" as an excuse for appalling behaviour. Football is one of thousands of sports worldwide. It has no monopoly on passion or "feelings running high" and yet almost every other sport manages to be operated on an almost exclusively respectful manner. The problem here isn't "passion". The problem is people within football thinking there are pretty much no consequences to their behaviour. That seems to be true whether the bad behaviour is on the pitch, in the dugout or in the stands.

IMO of course.

No argument from me. I was just stating a fact not advocating that this excused the behaviour. 

9 hours ago, Warwick Hunt said:

As I understand it, its at the ref's discretion whether the player stays on the park or not.

The ref possibly thought Saints were time wasting and IMO, we were!

The ref was correct and Jack Ross was wrong.

What is the fuss?

The referee supervisor spoke to the managers and apparently did not say that it was at the referees discretion. 

Jack apparantly reacted according to what he had been told by the referees supervisor.

You think that inappropriate?

16 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

The referee supervisor spoke to the managers and apparently did not say that it was at the referees discretion. 

Jack apparantly reacted according to what he had been told by the referees supervisor.

Maybe Jack Ross heard wrong? Maybe he wasn't listening properly?

Regardless, Jack Ross' reaction was completely over the top. I was in the main stand and Stelios was play acting.

Stelios came back on within seconds. It made no difference whatsoever. It certainly wasn't an issue worth abusing the ref and getting sent off for.

And even if Jack Ross' version of the ref' supervisor's meeting is correct, how was Craig Thomson supposed to know?

Craig Thomson called it correctly IMO.

1 hour ago, Warwick Hunt said:
Maybe Jack Ross heard wrong? Maybe he wasn't listening properly?
Regardless, Jack Ross' reaction was completely over the top. I was in the main stand and Stelios was play acting.
Stelios came back on within seconds. It made no difference whatsoever. It certainly wasn't an issue worth abusing the ref and getting sent off for.
And even if Jack Ross' version of the ref' supervisor's meeting is correct, how was Craig Thomson supposed to know?
Craig Thomson called it correctly IMO.

Jack isn't arguing that point and neither am I.

I was only giving the other side of the story for the sake of balance.

The punishment won't be appealed. That says all we need to know.

Edited by BuddieinEK

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:06 AM, BuddieinEK said:

An awful lack of facts here so impossible for anyone to agree if it's appropriate or not.

• 2 weeks later...