He really was outstanding today, best i've seen from him actually. Aside from his pace and quality, it's is tenacity and bravery I love. He gets kicked up and down and just gets straight up and keeps going. Chases everything and gives nothing up. It was telling that the whole team ran to him at the third goal, as wonderful a finish as it was by McShane.

Another top player from the Saints production line, I hope he gets a big move eventually but close the window now!

Unless we get an unbelievable offer - and I'm talking seven figures - we should reject any bid that comes in for him before the window shuts. 

Would far rather lose him for nothing in the summer than taking the cash and losing a massive part of our team with little chance of finding anyone near as good to replace him at this stage.

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

Unless we get an unbelievable offer - and I'm talking seven figures - we should reject any bid that comes in for him before the window shuts. 

Would far rather lose him for nothing in the summer than taking the cash and losing a massive part of our team with little chance of finding anyone near as good to replace him at this stage.

:lol:

The way Jack was talking it's almost like it's all arranged. He stays for this season and then he's free to go. I realise that can't be the case because football doesn't work like that, but it would be nice if it turned out that way. 

I'd much rather he stayed for the whole season and helped us to the league title, than went now or in January for the usual insulting, derisory sum. Especially if we land a bit of cash from potential McGinn or McLean sell ons.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Lewis is a smart boy and knows that a year playing in a championship winning team will get him a much better gig than jumping ship this week to Burton Albion. He also knows that spending a year bobbing around the bottom of the Premiership is unlikely to raise his profile much. 

1 minute ago, insaintee said:

Lewis is a smart boy and knows that a year playing in a championship winning team will get him a much better gig than jumping ship this week to Burton Albion. He also knows that spending a year bobbing around the bottom of the Premiership is unlikely to raise his profile much. 

That's still a long way from that being certain.

It's always a gamble for players, very much depends on the club and managers plans for them.

If we don't win the league or get promoted I doubt that'll raise his profile much.

Morgan is the best winger we've had since I have followed Saints. I was going to say the best since Peter Weir, but I reckon he's better than him, because he has pace, is two footed and also scores more goals. 

I genuinely think he'll be playing in the English Premiership in two or three years. We must try and keep him this season, if we do and he stays fit I reckon it could be the difference between winning the league or having to settle for the play offs.

On 26/08/2017 at 5:31 PM, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Oops...I mean Lewis Morgan!

His physique,  his style, his talent; all he needs now is longer hair.

Brilliant.

George Best would be alive today if he had dedicated himself to being a professional footballer.

Young Lewis knows what he wants to achieve and how to go about achieving it.

When, and not if, Lewis goes on to greater things we will be able to say we saw that potential and enjoyed every minute.

Morgan is the best winger we've had since I have followed Saints. I was going to say the best since Peter Weir, but I reckon he's better than him, because he has pace, is two footed and also scores more goals. 
I genuinely think he'll be playing in the English Premiership in two or three years. We must try and keep him this season, if we do and he stays fit I reckon it could be the difference between winning the league or having to settle for the play offs.

Yes from the limited amount I have seen of him I was thinking the same thing. Can score one-on-one with keeper or from distance equally well. Would like to see him coming in to score backpost headers too but that's a bit greedy right now. Needs to build his physique to do well in England but that goes for just any young player in Scotland, Potential to get more caps than anyone brought through from St Mirren going back to McQueen IMO.

52 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Yes from the limited amount I have seen of him I was thinking the same thing. Can score one-on-one with keeper or from distance equally well. Would like to see him coming in to score backpost headers too but that's a bit greedy right now. Needs to build his physique to do well in England but that goes for just any young player in Scotland, Potential to get more caps than anyone brought through from St Mirren going back to McQueen IMO.

While he will strengthen naturally his physique isn't as critical as Mallan's as he plays a wide role. He isn't that easy to shove off the ball legally due to his speed enabling him to evade and, when hit. he's likely to gain free kicks. Lewis has said he wants to stay to help us win the league and get promoted. After that he's looking for the big move. It would be great to get him on a contract to allow us to cash in on his coat tail but that's unlikely.

All we can do is enjoy his talents while we have him.

I said the exact same thing to my Dad at the end of the game about his likeness to George Best. 

You know a class player when they make a pass that even sitting in the stand you couldn't see. That's what that cut back to mcshane was. I get that wingers are supposed to get to the by line and cut the ball back but mcshane wasn't even in the sight of anyone when he fired that ball straight to his feet. It was just instinctive. Morgan didn't even look up.

To come up with that pass and vision after running at speed from the half way line, round the side of the left back then to the by line was quite something. A goal I'll remember for a long time

Edited by YardleyBoom

26 minutes ago, YardleyBoom said:

I said the exact same thing to my Dad at the end of the game about his likeness to George Best. 

You know a class player when they make a pass that even sitting in the stand you couldn't see. That's what that cut back to mcshane was. I get that wingers are supposed to get to the by line and cut the ball back but mcshane wasn't even in the sight of anyone when he fired that ball straight to his feet. It was just instinctive. Morgan didn't even look up.

To come up with that pass and vision after running at speed from the half way line, round the side of the left back then to the by line was quite something. A goal I'll remember for a long time

wAS RALKING ABOUT THAT IN pUB AFTER MATCH/ mORGAN'S CROSSES FOR BIG DIDDIES TO HEAD IN WERE NOT VERY GOOD OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF SEASONS.  nOW HE JUST HITS THE BYE-LINE AND CUTS BACK.  iT IS MARVELLOUS TO WATCH, PLUS HE CAN SHOOT ACCURATELY"!