Dunfermline v St Mirren SPFL Championship 16/9/17

shull

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Over dramatic..? That should be reserved for those who thought before yesterday, and the Morton game we could walk this league. Who are these people? 

Hibs proved last season that you dont have to win every game to win the league, but you do have to come back from defeats with wins. If wé had won yesterday we would have opened up a two-result required, to our none gap.... that could quite quickly have become a double digit points gap that would put us beyond the level of consistent wins required that most of our competitors are able to achieve. An awful lot of "whatiffery" and pointing out the best case scenario to make things look bleak, nice move. 

yesterday was a chance to leave a group behind us, a couple more opportunities will come, question is does our squad/management have the bottle to take one of them and show the attitude required to win a league..? Quite possibly as we have beaten Dundee United, Falkirk, Livingstone & Inverness. Also, one of the 2 games we've lost included an unusual situation of penalties/sending off. Not an excuse but not an every week occurrence. 

the continual 'we are waiting on two, three to come back" is a fools dream, there will always be at least two regulars unavailable through injury, (Really? :blink:)and now suspensions. At some point we could lose Morgan or Reilly for a a game or two, the proof of a squad/managements attitude is believing and producing results regardless. Yesterday that was found wanting in a big way, lets see if they can get back on it without whining about who isn't playing.

renember the manager chose to sign a player he knew wouldnt play till at least October, so he is responsible for getting results with his choices. I agree, ultimately it's the managers responsibility, and that includes games we win. 

I'll leave you to your point of view, answering above is enough for me. :byebye

Never going anywhere so let's just see what happens. :rolleyes:

PS just to clarify, I'm not one of the "JR can do no wrong" brigade but it's also not reasonable to jump on any setback with the dram you are trying to portray. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just watched the highlights, my take on a few things from that and being at the game.

Stelios was woefully caught out for the first, looked over his shoulder to see the man outside him and still got caught cold. When the ball comes in , the Pars player simply runse in between Baord & Buchanan with neither taking responsibilty for marking him

Second goal , exposed again at the LB area , Pars doubled up and caught us out but more worrying , when the ball came in, the Pars player had time to steady himself and calmly slot home before our midfielders had decided to track back.

Third goal. WTF was McShane doing ?

The Eckersly sending off (imo) was harsh, if Eckersley walks then why wasnt the pars player also sent off for a blatant elbow ?

Buchanan couldnt argue, silly second booking

Stephen McGinn need to cut out these stupid "turn backs"  if he got caught once yesterday , he got caught half a dozen times.

McShanes delivery from set pieces is shocking

Why dont we vary our corners ? Pars did and caused us no end of problems .

Lastly , with suspensions & Injuries for next week we will struggle against Lyle & Dobbie. The thought of those two against Baird & Whyte does not fill me with confidence.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

. Good to see the usual nonsense on here that we've seemingly become shite overnight.

The defence has been shite all season tbf. From the joke goal at Stranraer , the howler against Livvy , the drubbings v Thistle , Morton and DAFC and the early 2nd half shooty in that ICT had last week ! If it's not sorted it's going to cost us big time !

Just watched the highlights, my take on a few things from that and being at the game.
Stelios was woefully caught out for the first, looked over his shoulder to see the man outside him and still got caught cold. When the ball comes in , the Pars player simply runse in between Baord & Buchanan with neither taking responsibilty for marking him
Second goal , exposed again at the LB area , Pars doubled up and caught us out but more worrying , when the ball came in, the Pars player had time to steady himself and calmly slot home before our midfielders had decided to track back.
The Eckersly sending off (imo) was harsh, if Eckersley walks then why wasnt the pars player also sent off for a blatant elbow ?
Stephen McGinn need to cut out these stupid "turn backs"  if he got caught once yesterday , he got caught half a dozen times.
Lastly , with suspensions & Injuries for next week we will struggle against Lyle & Dobbie. The thought of those two against Baird & Whyte does not fill me with confidence.

Don't think Dunfermline did vary their corners every one was hit low and nearly every time we were took by surprise as if we hadn't seen it before. Their corners against a decent defense would have been terrible but ours made them look good. Look at the 2 corners the highlights show pretty terrible corners but our defense managed to miss the chance to block/clear before front post.

Eckersely red card looks a joke to me nothing in that pulls the player to the side of him as he was backing into him another joke of a decision by Thomson

Spot on in my opinion too. The Dunfermline player throws a hefty elbow into Eckersley's stomach. Thomson has reacted to their fans going nuts. Seemed very harsh on Eckersley)
In the first few minutes their no 8 had a swipe at Morgan in the centre of the park, well after the ball was gone. It was easily the worst challenge in the match. An old fashioned 'let him know your there' on the danger man from 20 years ago. Thomson didn't even speak to the boy.
We were well beaten yesterday by the better team, but Thomson's performance was on a par with ours yesterday. (not that I'm bitter)

Absolutely appalling defensive play from us, and on those highlights we got exactly what we deserved.

That straight red card though is ridiculous.

I kept getting the teams mixed up, and thought the red was for the elbow - which I thought was a bit soft, but had seen them given.

Then remembered we weren't in black and white stripes and it was the  player that got elbowed that was sent off.

A huge decision - not in terms of yesterday's match which was long gone by then - but for our defence next week too.

Buchanan's second yellow was a clear yellow, but I doubt he'd have had to make that challenge if Eckersley had still been on the pitch.

Edited by Bobby_F

Watched on Pars TV as couldn't make it. We had our chances to make an impression on the scoreline in the first half, but credit to Dunfermline who played very well. I said the other day that our home form is what will have is challenging. If we can improve our away form at the same time, we'd have a great chance of automatic promotion.

Thought McGinn and McShane did the defence no favours, posted missing and giving the ball away numerous times. This is an issue, as I also said last week.

Am confident we'll get back to winning ways next week as we're imperious at home, and the objective will remain to improve our away form.

That was poor apart from Suttons header which wasn’t even on target we didn’t even have a single strike at goal so I would say more than the defence were at fault. Dunfermline made lots of chances and buried three of them. The second one, especially, was a belter. We were left dead in the water and the Pars deserved their victory.

I must confess I left early for the train and missed the red cards. I wasn’t the only one as a good few buds skulked away from the ground their pre-match confidence totally killed by that dislpay.

I arrived home to find the fecking cockatiel had snuffed it. Daughters were snottering and blubbering. He died after full time knowing the Saints had been knocked off their perch at the top of the league. Not sure if that’s what killed him but he fell off his perch and he’s no longer pinning for the Fjords. He is dead, deceased, he has passed away. I hope to feck our title chances haven’t gone too.

To appease my mourning daughters, I Had to arrange a fecking Budgie funeral and hide the fact I was more concerned about the Saints being knocked of their perch at the top of the league than the demise of the Cockatiel.  

That was one pish performance boys. You need to get your act together or our title/play off/promotion chances will have kicked the bucket, ' shuffled off 'their mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

RIP SPARKY    2003-2017 “now whistling with the saints”

( a little bit of plagiarism there. Sorry)

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Don't think Dunfermline did vary their corners every one was hit low and nearly every time we were took by surprise as if we hadn't seen it before. Their corners against a decent defense would have been terrible but ours made them look good. Look at the 2 corners the highlights show pretty terrible corners but our defense managed to miss the chance to block/clear before front post.

They were mostly hit low, but on a couple of occasions they piled  four in a queue on the edge of the box for a charge & on a couple of  occasions they put about six bods in the six yard box and dropped  high balls on Samson forcing him to punch while under severe pressure. They also hit one long ball to the back post which went straight out for a throw ...... but then , we can do those  sorts no problem!!

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'll leave you to your point of view, answering above is enough for me. :byebye

Never going anywhere so let's just see what happens. :rolleyes:

PS just to clarify, I'm not one of the "JR can do no wrong" brigade but it's also not reasonable to jump on any setback with the dram you are trying to portray. 

So by saying we need to win our home games I am "jumping on any setback"? Ffs

looks like you certainly have joined the 'you cant call it as you see it brigade' we were absolutely rank from back to front yesterday with NO actual shots/headers on target. We need to win next week to show we have the mental attitude to be contenders. Theres a team in the east end of Glasgow done just that this weekend, and their manager told them they played like U12's.

aye mibbaes he knows nothing and just 'jumps on any setback'?

5 hours ago, DLBud said:

Five and a half minutes of Jack's views on the game and you pick up on one word to spin your usual negative pish.

"Only a win next week is acceptable?" "Squad and management lacking the attitude to mount a challenge?"

We're second in the league FFS!

It must have been really difficult for you over the last few weeks as we've played well and banged in goals. You just couldn't wait for the opportunity to get the boot in could you.

What a fanny.

This cheered me up no end. Thanks for that.

5 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Dunfermline were very quick to get in to tackles. They made zure Morgan had little room. They well and truly up for a battle. We did  not come close to matching their commitment , however im sure this is a stepping stone.