Sign in to follow this  
shull

Dunfermline v St Mirren SPFL Championship 16/9/17

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

He wasnt there for the second half because despite not being able to defend or manage the game in midfield we were throwing on forwards and shelling it. Instead of sticking Irvine on and subbing a largely invisible McShane.

You think we should have taken off a midfielder and replaced him with a full back when we were 2 goals down away from home?

And you cant understand why Jack didnt do this?

:lol:

I think alarm bells have sounded about the defence for a few weeks now.  The combination of these unsolved problems and a Dunfermline side who were in on us at every opportunity was a massive wake up call to the team-we can't rely on the "score more than you" philosophy.  The evidence of Saturday is, to paraphrase a certain Cpl Jones, our players don't like it up 'em.

It will be great to see Davis back, when he is ready, but this situation casts further doubt on the wisdom of signing an injured player.  Had we been unlucky with a few chances against Livi and/or ICT we would be at the other end of the table thinking about another season of strife.  Let's hope the management team take this on board and sort out some of the problems and attitudes that are seeing our defence split like a  dry log as a matter of urgency.  A clean sheet on each of the next 2 weekends please!

If Davis is back in four weeks and we are in contention it will look like a gamble worth taking. Let's see what happens.

Since it seems to be all ifs and buts - if we win the next three against QotS, Brechin and Dumbarton, we end the first round of fixtures having only lost two games and won eight. If we do that another 3 times, we win the league! Calm down everyone. It's unrealistic to expect to win every single game in this league. Noone is going to do that. Yes I was as disappointed as anyone on Saturday, but we move onwards. The players have a great mentality and will bounce back.

1 minute ago, paulsmfc said:

Since it seems to be all ifs and buts - if we win the next three against QotS, Brechin and Dumbarton, we end the first round of fixtures having only lost two games and won eight. If we do that another 3 times, we win the league! Calm down everyone. It's unrealistic to expect to win every single game in this league. Noone is going to do that. Yes I was as disappointed as anyone on Saturday, but we move onwards. The players have a great mentality and will bounce back.

Close, but I get your point.

There's only  10 teams in the league, we'd only have won 7. :rolleyes:

On 9/14/2017 at 2:55 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What are you drawing my attention to here?

That says inauguration of the new stadium of Barcelona FC.  Doesn't say anything about the Nou Camp.

The new stadium in question was the Las Corts Stadium.

I never mentioned anything about the Stadium?  But the date is interesting... seems to be a bit of a contradiction.  Unless, we played there 2 yrs in a row?  Doubt it.

Looking at the results of the competition, why were we awarded the trophy?

On 9/14/2017 at 2:55 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What are you drawing my attention to here?

That says inauguration of the new stadium of Barcelona FC.  Doesn't say anything about the Nou Camp.

The new stadium in question was the Las Corts Stadium.

I never mentioned anything about the Stadium?  But the date is interesting... seems to be a bit of a contradiction.  Unless, we played there 2 yrs in a row?  Doubt it.

Looking at the results of the competition, why were we awarded the trophy?

On a plus point... I liked that change strip!

Had a long weekend in Fife so only got back last night so my first time to comment.

The 3 at the back certainly did not work on Saturday. The wing backs did not work hard enough at covering or going forward and just like ICT their wide men had tons of room to exploit. We changed it at half time to a back 4 but at 2-0 down the damage was done. Hopefully lesson learned.  For me the formation played a significant part of our downfall however that does not excuse some very poor displays from most of our players. I'll try and put it down to a bad day at the office.

I am not against 3 at the back but maybe only at home and against opposition who are intent in shutting up shop. However I was surprised throughout the game that, whether a 3 or a 4, we resorted to long balls and did not play it out from the back. It was like watching a Rae team. 

That all being said the Pars were a decent outfit and bullied us all game. They won most 50/50s and we were too obvious in trying to muscle them back resulting in two red cards. McGinn had a poor game but he is normally great at bullying players. I reckon he should give lessons to his team mates as some (not all)  are powder puff.