Dunfermline v St Mirren SPFL Championship 16/9/17

shull

On 9/14/2017 at 2:55 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What are you drawing my attention to here?

That says inauguration of the new stadium of Barcelona FC.  Doesn't say anything about the Nou Camp.

The new stadium in question was the Las Corts Stadium.

I never mentioned anything about the Stadium?  But the date is interesting... seems to be a bit of a contradiction.  Unless, we played there 2 yrs in a row?  Doubt it.

Looking at the results of the competition, why were we awarded the trophy?

On 9/14/2017 at 2:55 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What are you drawing my attention to here?

That says inauguration of the new stadium of Barcelona FC.  Doesn't say anything about the Nou Camp.

The new stadium in question was the Las Corts Stadium.

I never mentioned anything about the Stadium?  But the date is interesting... seems to be a bit of a contradiction.  Unless, we played there 2 yrs in a row?  Doubt it.

Looking at the results of the competition, why were we awarded the trophy?

On a plus point... I liked that change strip!

Had a long weekend in Fife so only got back last night so my first time to comment.

The 3 at the back certainly did not work on Saturday. The wing backs did not work hard enough at covering or going forward and just like ICT their wide men had tons of room to exploit. We changed it at half time to a back 4 but at 2-0 down the damage was done. Hopefully lesson learned.  For me the formation played a significant part of our downfall however that does not excuse some very poor displays from most of our players. I'll try and put it down to a bad day at the office.

I am not against 3 at the back but maybe only at home and against opposition who are intent in shutting up shop. However I was surprised throughout the game that, whether a 3 or a 4, we resorted to long balls and did not play it out from the back. It was like watching a Rae team. 

That all being said the Pars were a decent outfit and bullied us all game. They won most 50/50s and we were too obvious in trying to muscle them back resulting in two red cards. McGinn had a poor game but he is normally great at bullying players. I reckon he should give lessons to his team mates as some (not all)  are powder puff.