St Mirren v Inverness CT. SPFL Championship 9/9/17

shull

Well done Jack Baird who I thought played pretty well yesterday. Everyone has their favourite players and those that they don't like. A lot of people seem to hunt certain players and have them earmarked as not good enough but I think every player is going to play their part in what is shaping up to be the most memorable season for some time.

Doesn't get a lot of praise but I thought Eckersley had another great game yesterday - reads game well, strong in the tackle and his distribution was top drawer.  For first time in a long time though we have genuine pace in attack . Morgan was almost unplayable at times yesterday and Reilly must have covered some ground as he chased and harried everything.

Finally after some horrendous years we have a team worthy of our support - hopefully the fans will get behind this team in numbers and we can get some momentum going. 

COYS !

13 minutes ago, Dare said:

Doesn't get a lot of praise but I thought Eckersley had another great game yesterday - reads game well, strong in the tackle and his distribution was top drawer.  For first time in a long time though we have genuine pace in attack . Morgan was almost unplayable at times yesterday and Reilly must have covered some ground as he chased and harried everything.

Finally after some horrendous years we have a team worthy of our support - hopefully the fans will get behind this team in numbers and we can get some momentum going. 

COYS !

Jack Baird also had a great game , no nonsense clear your lines display from the guy, won nearly everything he challenged for.

1 hour ago, scrappy coco said:

After watching those highlights I'm surprised Ridgers wasn't giving the MOTM, thats the best game he's ever had 

for us...

He  have a good game but what the highlights don't show is the deflection for then first goal. Was going towards far post before defender got a flick to it, still should have saved it with his feet though. 

19 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Jack Baird also had a great game , no nonsense clear your lines display from the guy, won nearly everything he challenged for.

I'm not going to single anyone out but JR will know we are nowhere near the finished article. Defensively we were poor yesterday , and a better team could have pushed us harder than ICT did. We have better defenders coming back from injury than three of the four that played yesterday , interesting team selections coming soon !

12 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

And if that's what happened then it would have been offside. 

It's amazing that so many people don't know the offside rule.

Nobody  fully understands the off -side rule !   It's the most confusing rule in world sport.  Can you please explain to me in simple terms the phrase  "interfering with  play"  ?

13 hours ago, shull said:

YOU'RE NO, YOU'RE NO, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, AND YOU'RE NO  :clapping

Just taken the dog for it's morning walk along the beach and up the Glen and just couldn't help myself from spontaneously whistling the above little ditty. The seagulls, dugs, trees and sea shores of North Berwick are now aware of our lofty position. Why is there never a Morton fan about when you need one.

Oooooo, some sour grapes from wee Robbo there.  Well Robbo your team didn't lay much of a glove on us either as Sammy could have been reading the paper in the first half as for all your possession you did nothing with it. And 'dominated the game'?  What you don't get is we now allow teams possession so that when our 3 speed merchants break they have acres to play in. Our 10 shots on target to ICT's 3 tells who dominated where it mattered. And you reckon your team are better than St Mirren?  We scored 4, hit the post, had 3  penalty claims turned down, missed a couple of sitters and gave you a goal. In what way are you better? (PS Robbo - you have a defence like a sieve).

I thought Jack would have reverted to a back four at half-time as it was obvious they were getting plenty of space down our flanks. But when we eventually did I thought we totally nullified their threat and totally bossed them. If we had done it earlier the result would never have been in doubt.

Edited by Sonny

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I'm not going to single anyone out but JR will know we are nowhere near the finished article. Defensively we were poor yesterday , and a better team could have pushed us harder than ICT did. We have better defenders coming back from injury than three of the four that played yesterday , interesting team selections coming soon !

I agree to be honest, defensively we were not great yesterday, though it seemed to me more a collective problem with the system, rather than any one player. Their first goal is a bad one, three defenders there, and none of them come out to close the pass (McGinn was already beaten), and none of them pick up the runner. It's ok to say the midfield should cover better, but there are only two of them, one of the centre halfs should have stepped out there.

Just watched the go pro highlights of the goals, still hard to see if ball was fully over the line for the second before Reilly hit it in.

Mark Ridgers really is a shambles of a keeper, to think in the last few years him and Scott Gallacher have, at some point, been out first choice goalies.

I know he's not perfect but haven't seen a goalie yet that I would have over Samson