Sign in to follow this  
shull

St Mirren v Inverness CT. SPFL Championship 9/9/17

12 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

And if that's what happened then it would have been offside. 

It's amazing that so many people don't know the offside rule.

Nobody  fully understands the off -side rule !   It's the most confusing rule in world sport.  Can you please explain to me in simple terms the phrase  "interfering with  play"  ?

13 hours ago, shull said:

YOU'RE NO, YOU'RE NO, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, AND YOU'RE NO  :clapping

Just taken the dog for it's morning walk along the beach and up the Glen and just couldn't help myself from spontaneously whistling the above little ditty. The seagulls, dugs, trees and sea shores of North Berwick are now aware of our lofty position. Why is there never a Morton fan about when you need one.

Oooooo, some sour grapes from wee Robbo there.  Well Robbo your team didn't lay much of a glove on us either as Sammy could have been reading the paper in the first half as for all your possession you did nothing with it. And 'dominated the game'?  What you don't get is we now allow teams possession so that when our 3 speed merchants break they have acres to play in. Our 10 shots on target to ICT's 3 tells who dominated where it mattered. And you reckon your team are better than St Mirren?  We scored 4, hit the post, had 3  penalty claims turned down, missed a couple of sitters and gave you a goal. In what way are you better? (PS Robbo - you have a defence like a sieve).

I thought Jack would have reverted to a back four at half-time as it was obvious they were getting plenty of space down our flanks. But when we eventually did I thought we totally nullified their threat and totally bossed them. If we had done it earlier the result would never have been in doubt.

Edited by Sonny

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I'm not going to single anyone out but JR will know we are nowhere near the finished article. Defensively we were poor yesterday , and a better team could have pushed us harder than ICT did. We have better defenders coming back from injury than three of the four that played yesterday , interesting team selections coming soon !

I agree to be honest, defensively we were not great yesterday, though it seemed to me more a collective problem with the system, rather than any one player. Their first goal is a bad one, three defenders there, and none of them come out to close the pass (McGinn was already beaten), and none of them pick up the runner. It's ok to say the midfield should cover better, but there are only two of them, one of the centre halfs should have stepped out there.

Just watched the go pro highlights of the goals, still hard to see if ball was fully over the line for the second before Reilly hit it in.

Mark Ridgers really is a shambles of a keeper, to think in the last few years him and Scott Gallacher have, at some point, been out first choice goalies.

I know he's not perfect but haven't seen a goalie yet that I would have over Samson

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Just taken the dog for it's morning walk along the beach and up the Glen and just couldn't help myself from spontaneously whistling the above little ditty. The seagulls, dugs, trees and sea shores of North Berwick are now aware of our lofty position. Why is there never a Morton fan about when you need one.

Brilliant. 

Me and the wee yin sang it all the way to Greenock this morning on the way to her football. 

And extra loudly as we drove up Sinclair Street. 

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

(PS Robbo - you have a defence like a sieve).

5 games this season and they've conceded at least 4 goals in 3 of them....... Quite a record, especially for a team who are as good as if not better than the league leaders!

Whisper this but..... 

A favourable result next week and there's the potential for us to be in a really commanding position come the end of the opening round of fixtures. After East End Park, we have QotS and Brechin at home then Dumbarton away to complete our first quarter. We're the only top 4 side yet to face the two part-timers. In fact, United and QotS have already played both Brechin and Dumbarton.

Edited by Julian Banjos

Sat in departures at the airport heading back to Jersey.

Another fabulous performance yesterday. So exciting to watch. Morgan is quite rightly drawing huge plaudits at the moment and he did have another great game yesterday, but for me Gavin Reilly was motm. What a player he is, he never stops running and his hold up play for a wee fella is absolutely fantastic. 

It was funny after Morgan was announced as motm it was like he felt he didn't deserve it and that he ought to do something special. So he went on that thrilling late run. He left the ICT players for dead and if he had been a little more selfish and finished it off himself it would have been an amazing goal. 

Special mention also for Eckersley who was also superb yesterday. Totally assured and didn't put a foot wrong. 

Cannae wait to come up for my next game. 

Funny monent of the day was the Caley fans joining in with if you hate Wullie Collum clap yer hands. 

Lovin the new Lewis Morgan song too!! 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Ive got to admit , i didnt think Buchanans effort had crossed the line and Reilly poked it home . The Beeb originally reported it as Reilly then after the game they had changed it. 

But you know what , who cares  we showed again today we have threats all over the park :thumbs2

When you see the highlights the looked over the line before Reilly knocked it in. but like you said. who cares

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm sure he said they should have had six (6). :wacko:

To be fair. In a game as open as this was, the score could well have been 8..5.

20 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

~From what I have read - only two of the forum thought we would score 4 today..... the other suggesting 4 v 0...

I am disappointed the defence lost two today .. but my other predictions were not too shabby...

Well done to JR and everyone at St. Mirren  ... this kind of behaviour is making being a Saints fan a brilliant experience once again  .. .  go on next week and put some light between the league winners and the also rans....

If ICT had only scored once I'd be shouting for you to be burned as a witch/warlock!

58 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The BBC and Sky both reporting the 2nd goal as Buchanan's. Did anyone have a bet on Reilly anytime goalscorer and, if so, was it paid out?

I would have given it to Ridgers, he deserved it after yesterdays performance...:D