St Mirren v Inverness CT. SPFL Championship 9/9/17

shull

57 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

knowing who the ref is tomorrow takes the shine right off the game. Collum is a grade A clown and ruins every game he is involved in.

You just made that last bit up. 

He has not ruined every game that he has been involved in. 

He is a decent Referee. 

You are jumping on the " Let's hate Willie Collum " bandwagon. 

Do you not have an original thought of your own ? 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Caley wont go up this year, they simply aren't good enough..................... just shows what happens when you have a manager, finish 3rd , win a cup and a cup final and play in Europe and then it all changes.......................

They will still be there abouts and I reckon we need to keep up the Fortress 2021 stats........................

Saints 0 Caley 5 as its worked against Utd.........

As for Collum, being to think every ref in Scotland is a fanny................ For the record some Caley fans I know are also worried its him, BELOW SOME QUOTES

Treated harshly

Some pundits, media and even managers have been pointed in their criticism of him and last season he was moved into the Championship for a spell.

"Sometimes I've been treated harshly," he says. "At times, I'm losing before I even blow the first whistle and that's unfair.

"If you look at the statistics, I don't think I make any more mistakes than any other referees. Many people think I'd like to be the centre of attention, but that's far from the truth.

"Sometimes I'm disappointed with the reaction of people and sometimes it's undeserved. I've never let it affect my confidence, because I don't think that any referee would attend Euro 2016 if they weren't consistently performing.

"I make mistakes, but I don't think I make any more than any other referees, but sometimes people get your name in their mind.

Willie Collum thinks he is developing a better rapport with players

"I try my best and I work hard at my game. Sometimes I need to hide my family away from the criticism and that's when it can be disappointing, when you become a newspaper or a media headline.

"It was difficult at times [last season], but it makes you stronger. Since February, I went on a very good run, my matches were clear of controversy, but if you isolate it, there were probably three matches which didn't go well.

"In a season when I refereed 59 matches, domestically and aboard, I don't think anybody could say that's a ridiculous statistic."

Having committed so much of his life to the game - 23 years, someone reminded him before the Euros - he is adamant that he won't allow criticism to affect his love of the game, or his profession. The games in France, he felt, were a reward for those years of hard work and the sacrifices.

"We need to accept criticism is a huge part of it," he says.

"What disappoints me at times is when people make it personal, or you feel it's a witch hunt and people are constantly talking about you. I would rather people focus on the positives."

AYE SO TRY AND KEEP 11 SAINTS PLAYERS ON THE PARK FOR A CHANGE YA FANNY 

Another Collum Bandwagon Jumper. 

St Mirren players and Caley ones also should not commit offences which may result in red cards. 

Actually dread games with Willie Collum refereeing thought we had saw the end of him with our relegation to the championship he very rarely seems to referee games without a red card or a penalty. Brought this up against Inverness at home in Spl a few years back as he had gave a red card or penalty 5 weeks running before our match.

Lo and behold Inverness (won 1-0) got a penalty but also had Ryan Christie sent off and pretty sure there were about 8/9 yellow cards and there wasn't even a bad tackle.

I remember Artur Boruc on Dargo, Our 2 non penalties in a 4-3 win v St Johnstone, Kenny McLean and Stephen McManus both winning appeals against red cards on the same day.

All the above plus loads more by Collum absolute joke of a referee .

I will be shocked if he isn't a big part of Saturday nights match discussions.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Actually dread games with Willie Collum refereeing thought we had saw the end of him with our relegation to the championship he very rarely seems to referee games without a red card or a penalty. Brought this up against Inverness at home in Spl a few years back as he had gave a red card or penalty 5 weeks running before our match.

Lo and behold Inverness (won 1-0) got a penalty but also had Ryan Christie sent off and pretty sure there were about 8/9 yellow cards and there wasn't even a bad tackle.

I remember Artur Boruc on Dargo, Our 2 non penalties in a 4-3 win v St Johnstone, Kenny McLean and Stephen McManus both winning appeals against red cards on the same day.

All the above plus loads more by Collum absolute joke of a referee .

I will be shocked if he isn't a big part of Saturday nights match discussions.

His best f up was awarding Rangers a penalty at Parkhead while he had his back to the ball   :lol:    He went by the reaction of a couple of Rangers players and gave the penalty without seeing it   :shockaroony   Oh and his f ing about when he cancelled our game against Ross C while we were 2 up, due to a wee bit of surface water on the pitch  :thumbsdown

41 minutes ago, renfrew said:

His best f up was awarding Rangers a penalty at Parkhead while he had his back to the ball   :lol:    He went by the reaction of a couple of Rangers players and gave the penalty without seeing it   :shockaroony   Oh and his f ing about when he cancelled our game against Ross C while we were 2 up, due to a wee bit of surface water on the pitch  :thumbsdown

Mr Collum got off to a bad start with his first game at Love St when Craig Dargo ran onto a ball that had been passed forward for him by Gary Brady . Craig Dargo only had the goalkeeper to beat after running past the Shellic defence , however the holy goalie came just outside the box to meet Craig Dargo and upended him , simple case of assault . Collum had the yellow card out as he ran up the park . The linesman was standing adjacent to where the incident took place but Collum never went near him . .had Craig Dargo scored we would have been 1-0 up. .

Mr Collum got off to a bad start with his first game at Love St when Craig Dargo ran onto a ball that had been passed forward for him by Gary Brady . Craig Dargo only had the goalkeeper to beat after running past the Shellic defence , however the holy goalie came just outside the box to meet Craig Dargo and upended him , simple case of assault . Collum had the yellow card out as he ran up the park . The linesman was standing adjacent to where the incident took place but Collum never went near him . .had Craig Dargo scored we would have been 1-0 up. .

This one sticks in my throat too. Goes to show just how "subjective" the rules of the game are.