Julian Broddle - A Former St Mirren Player

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Kicked out of the Yorkshire Polis for possession and under the influence of Cocaine ("runnin' thru ma brain") and possibly charged as well.

One of the perks/downfalls of the job I suppose.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Kicked out of the Yorkshire Polis for possession and under the influence of Cocaine ("runnin' thru ma brain") and possibly charged as well.

Never took you as a someone who listend to dillenger. I'm another who liked him as a player. Remember his father came up from down south to watch his son who had a pre-match pint in the Wee Barrow and was taken aback by the enthusiasm for his son. Going to order the book the up's and downs of life. 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Never took you as a someone who listend to dillenger. I'm another who liked him as a player. Remember his father came up from down south to watch his son who had a pre-match pint in the Wee Barrow and was taken aback by the enthusiasm for his son. Going to order the book the up's and downs of life. 

Was thinking of Jackson Browne there

Substitute 'former' for 'great' in the title and it's more in line with my memory of him. We had plenty of genuinely great players during the Ferguson / Clunie / McFarlane eras and in the 87 cup winning team but very few even decent players in Broddle's time with us. An average player in a team which got us relegated to the wilderness for the best part of 15 years.

According to his Wiki page his new autobiography is already a "bestseller" too.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Julie not happy with his welcome on Saturday at St Mirren Park.

Julian Broddle Totally agree Martin. It wasn’t organised and missed out on meeting supporters and promoting my book. I came 287 miles and all the other clubs promoted me coming in every way and did the half time chat on the pitch and did the bars and club shop. Only Tony Fitz and Alan Wardrop went beyond what I expected. However, the staff in the suite where I ate were amazing and of course the fans than happen to stumble across me being there

Julian Broddle Thanks Mick
Just constructive criticism for future guests to get the right deal. 
I loved being back at the club I loved playing for but I felt a little let down at the opportunity for me and the club. Hope this improves the situation for future real legends of St Mirren.

22008162_699011616954572_827235487323867

Julian Broddle added 2 new photos.
22 hrs · 

Thank you for the support at St Mirren yesterday even though it was a bad result but blips happen. 
Very disappointed that there was nothing in the programme to say I would be there promoting my book but the fans,Tony Fitz and Alan Wardrop were brilliant.

Agree with Julian regarding things being better organised, I know some folk went to the club after the game to buy his book but left after one drink as he hadnt come in yet,  the club should have told him folk in hospitality will stay an hour or so after game so go into club first as some folk after game only nip in for one drink.

Also, needs to be more respect for any ex players or staff coming into club and reading out teams etc... When Julian was telling a few stories there were so many guys talking in the club it was hard to hear, to be fair the PA system is poor and you cant hear it everywhere in the club but the PA needs to be firmer and shout " Listen guys can I have your attention just for a few minutes ".   

I was in hospitality that day and after the match he was advised that he would be better heading to the supporters bar. Surprised he’s moaning about this as it was his choice.

I didn’t think he made a great impression, he made it very clear he was only here to promote his book. 

Edited by davidg