Help with an article - The Football Pink - Culture of Football in West Scotland

Hello

I'm researching an article about the history and culture of football in the west of Scotland and I'm looking for a couple of fans to answer a couple of quick questions, and possibly share their experiences of supporting their club.

The piece will be published in The Football Pink's print edition magazine, released in October (www.footballpink.net).

While the title of the piece is quite broad, I'm looking to speak to St Mirren fans with regard to their rivalry with Morton. The Old Firm derby has been done to death, so I'm more interested in the tales and experiences of the perhaps lesser known rivalries in Scottish football, such as the Renfrewshire derby. What makes it special? Is it all venom and hatred? Any mutual respect? What's the history behind it?

I'd also love to hear about fans' general experiences about going to the match, supporting their club (any die-hard, travels-home-and-away fans?). Why did you first start attending? What keeps you going back? What does football mean to the town as a whole?

If you are interested please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time

Joe Carroll

Edited by Joe3Carroll