The Politics Thread

shull

I think the idea is that the left wing have decided that because this man has views about abortion that they don't like, he is the devil incarnate and thus everything else he says has to be treated as simply wrong, regardless of what he actually says.

This is the left for you. They like to tell everyone how to think. Disagree with them and you are evil.

The arrogance is breathtaking. The idea that people like salmondbuddie, bud the baker and TPAK thingy and their like genuinely believe they are in sole possession of "the truth" and "the moral high ground" is absolutely hilarious. [emoji38]

I am pretty sure Orwell was talking about the left wing in 1984. He must have been.

I can't be certain though. I tend not to read fictituous stories now that I am a grown adult.

Can't speak for the others but I've never claimed "the moral high ground" - nice of you to concede it, though.

You're missing your calling you know, you'd make a great writer of fictitious stories - some of the stuff you make up and post on here is beyond the imagination of the likes of us common folks.

Guest TPAFKATS
I think the idea is that the left wing have decided that because this man has views about abortion that they don't like, he is the devil incarnate and thus everything else he says has to be treated as simply wrong, regardless of what he actually says.
This is the left for you. They like to tell everyone how to think. Disagree with them and you are evil.
The arrogance is breathtaking. The idea that people like salmondbuddie, bud the baker and TPAK thingy and their like genuinely believe they are in sole possession of "the truth" and "the moral high ground" is absolutely hilarious. [emoji38]
I am pretty sure Orwell was talking about the left wing in 1984. He must have been.
I can't be certain though. I tend not to read fictituous stories now that I am a grown adult.

A post about telling people how to think, which goes on to tell me (I presume) and others how we think.
Another belter from the forum 'genius'

45 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Can't speak for the others but I've never claimed "the moral high ground" - nice of you to concede it, though.

You're missing your calling you know, you'd make a great writer of fictitious stories - some of the stuff you make up and post on here is beyond the imagination of the likes of us common folks.

Mate his calling his far less intellectual than that, I think of the sewer men in Chewin the Fat, that's maybe still above his level..................

There are people that don't listen cause the voices in their heads tell they are right all the time- Its called Insanity :bounce3

27 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate his calling his far less intellectual than that, I think of the sewer men in Chewin the Fat, that's maybe still above his level..................

There are people that don't listen cause the voices in their heads tell they are right all the time- Its called Insanity :bounce3

Deary me. Jokes about mental health now? Is that where we have stooped to?

1 minute ago, salmonbuddie said:

No, the joke's about you.

Can't do simple arithmetic, can't comprehend written language, claims to be a scientist. Hmmm...

Don't you have anything interesting going on in your life bud?

Seriously. A job, a hobby, anything to get you off this forum for a while until you calm the f**k down?

Don't you have anything interesting going on in your life bud?
Seriously. A job, a hobby, anything to get you off this forum for a while until you calm the f**k down?

As I said, incapable of comprehending written English - which part of my post implies I need to calm down?

19 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Bellside Bud outed! :o

Jacob Rees-Mogg

I suppose, using bellside's logic, the rise in the use of ambulances after their introduction was more about availabilty than it was about illness and injury.

we'd all be a lot healthier if there were no ambulances because there was no ambulance use before their introduction

21 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I suppose, using bellside's logic, the rise in the use of ambulances after their introduction was more about availabilty than it was about illness and injury.

we'd all be a lot healthier if there were no ambulances because there was no ambulance use before their introduction

I can see why some utilise the IGNORE FUNCTION. 

Thankfully I don't. 

Imagine I had missed a gem like the Post above. 

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The arrogance is breathtaking. The idea that people like salmondbuddie, bud the baker and TPAK thingy and their like genuinely believe they are in sole possession of "the truth" and "the moral high ground" is absolutely hilarious. :lol:

I am in agreement with you about trying not to read fictitious stories but I don't want to put you on ignore so that's a dilemma.

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I am pretty sure that the number of operational ambulances on the streets was decided at government level based on a whole raft of properly conducted and rigorously costed research to determine the level of need. I would be very surprised if the people opening foodbanks went through that level of rigorous research.

Right now, along with anyone else, can open up a foodbank tomorrow without doing any of that research.

Also, ambulances are not stocked to the heavens with free delicious food.

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh great. Another one who thinks he is the only one to hold the keys to the "truth". :lol:

Just what the forum needs.

Looking in the mirror again!

Point out to me where I have said that I "hold the keys to the truth". If you can't see how you come across to most on the forum you must be extremely insensitive.

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Your first paragraph is undeniably true. Do you honestly think that there was a sudden deterioration in the nations health just after ambulances were introduced that caused their use to be widespread? 

The availability of ambulances meant that those who were sick now had a mode of transport which they used - rightly - because that was what they were there for. The same logic applies to food banks. People haven't suddenly become poorer, it's just that agencies now have a place to refer people who are in need. It is indeed a good thing and you really need to use your eyes for a purpose better than reading left wing rhetoric