The Politics Thread

shull

1 minute ago, salmonbuddie said:

I did attempt, but got nonsense back, no acknowledgement of getting it wrong. Classic Stud, lesson learned.

Then a telling off from "teacher" - sorry, Sir, I won't make any such attempt again.

It's not about being teacher FFS. Just look at your last x comments on here.

They are all needlessly snipey. Chill out FFS. We are all buds after all.......except StudD.

BTW, I agree with you. People like him are a pain in the arse. It's one thing having a debate and trying to find ways of getting your point across. It's another when you are deliberately baiting.

IMO you, TPAK thingy and a couple of others are doing exactly to him what you are accusing him of. None of you debate well at all.

Not just on this topic but on others on this thread. 2 weeks ago it was me getting a volley of shite from you.

Just either get involved properly or leave the thread alone to develop. Nobody is going to die as a result of opinions on here so relax.

Right that's me got that off my shoulders. :)

30 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

how BiSexual or Transvestites can have rights is beyond me and I am sure millions of other people, yet say that in 2017 and your " homophobic" .

Whit? You don't want bisexuals and transvestites to have the same rights as everyone else?

Why on earth not?

I am not sure whether homophobic is the right word for this but clearly transphobic is.

As depressing as your attitude is, I am reminded that acceptance of difference is a growing trend amongst young people.

Your generation will die out and take your outdated, unwanted, ill-educated bigotry with you.

Edited by oaksoft

53 minutes ago, Bellside Bud said:

The majority of us don't hate England. And the majority of us recognised the importance of the UK economy and all of the strong cultural and trade links that we have with our closest neighbours. 

Assumption after assumption!

You assume that anyone who wants Scottish independence hates England! What a load of c**p.

You assume that an independent Scotland would want to sever all cultural and trade links with England! Does the UK government want to sever all cultural and trade links with Europe after Brexit? Of course it doesn't because it knows that would be disastrous. :thumbsdown

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes but when you ask her to keep her private life private whilst having no problem with heterosexuals to parade their partners, you are on dodgy ground.

You are also on dodgy ground because you clearly have a problem with someone publicly fighting for LGBT rights.

Love this, where did I say anything about partners ha ha, that was him.....

I do have issues with that yes, men in dresses should not have rights IMHO....... Glad ur ok with it.... I will look out for you in a Black and White Mini Skirt next home game

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Whit? You don't want bisexuals and transvestites to have the same rights as everyone else?

Why on earth not?

I am not sure whether homophobic is the right word for this but clearly transphobic is.

As depressing as your attitude is, I am reminded that acceptance of difference is a growing trend amongst young people.

Your generation will die out and take your outdated, unwanted, ill-educated bigotry with you.

Maybe if your computer died we would all be better off, and way and watch Loose woman and give as peace....

And yet again as u are clearly unable to read well

Trannys should not have rights no..................  We have far more deserving normal people to consider....

Trannys should go back in their closets ,

Edited by DougJamie

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You clearly don't know what whataboutery means.

Whataboutery is when someone posts "Benefits fraudsters should be clamped down on" and your response is "Aye but whit aboot them tax dodgers".

THAT would be whataboutery.

You really are a shit stirrer aren't you............. do u have any friends ??

Most on here think your a prick,,,,,, and hope ur PC contracts a serious virus.......

Would put u on block but find u quite entertaining-- U know like Danny La Rue- Your Hero. Heroine :lol:

10 minutes ago, smcc said:

Assumption after assumption!

You assume that anyone who wants Scottish independence hates England! What a load of c**p.

You assume that an independent Scotland would want to sever all cultural and trade links with England! Does the UK government want to sever all cultural and trade links with Europe after Brexit? Of course it doesn't because it knows that would be disastrous. :thumbsdown

Spot On

Welcome to Toryland- Assumptions and arrogance with very little talent to sustain it. Having to deflect to maintain the upper hand they must have......

Wasting your time mate, Tories don't even like themselves

It's not about being teacher FFS. Just look at your last x comments on here. They are all needlessly snipey. Chill out FFS. We are all buds after all.......except StudD.

BTW, I agree with you. People like him are a pain in the arse. It's one thing having a debate and trying to find ways of getting your point across. It's another when you are deliberately baiting.

IMO you, TPAK thingy and a couple of others are doing exactly to him what you are accusing him of. None of you debate well at all.

Not just on this topic but on others on this thread. 2 weeks ago it was me getting a volley of shite from you.

Just either get involved properly or leave the thread alone to develop. Nobody is going to die as a result of opinions on here so relax.

Right that's me got that off my shoulders. [emoji4]

My opinions on these matters are well documented and I have expressed them at length on many occasions.

When things get raised and responded to in a civil manner initially, and counter questions are posed, but all that comes back is deflection and whataboutery, when that happens (what you consider to be) sniping is all that's left.

Ruth did indeed do well at the GE but as this us a football site she did well in a Derek McInnes type if way in that she got the Tories within 22 seats of the SNP in other words she got the Tories as close to the SNP as Aberdeen got as close to winning the league.

As was pointed out by Brian Taylor recently since then she has become totally obsessed by independence to the extent that he counted she used the word over 100 times in one week to Sturgeons 12 in the same period. To use another apt analogy she has taken her eye off the ball since leading her party to their relative "success".

Guest TPAFKATS
You clearly don't know what whataboutery means.
Whataboutery is when someone posts "Benefits fraudsters should be clamped down on" and your response is "Aye but whit aboot them tax dodgers".
THAT would be whataboutery.

THAT would be one example. Dicksons post wot I quoted has other examples.

You can put your red pen away again teacher.

Guest TPAFKATS
Maybe if your computer died we would all be better off, and way and watch Loose woman and give as peace....

Trannys should not have rights no..................  We have far more deserving normal people to consider....

I think you've had a wee experience in a dimly lit nightclub where Martha was actually Arthur and it's left you scarred.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Ruth Davidson brilliant - you obviously missed her TV performances when she was challenged about the Bedroom Tax by a guy with Asprergers and again when defending the "Rape Clause" she's possibly even more brittle than TM when put under pressure, I actually welcome the Tories as the main opposition in Scotland as it polarizes the situation which  hasten the inevitable breakup of the Union.  As for TM being stronger within her party than Nicola Sturgeon that particular piece of analysis is the joke of the week.

Serious question - do you actually believe anything you post?

Of course I do. Passionately and honestly! 

I don't remember seeing either "performance". However my take on both is that the Bedroom Tax was indefensible while the so called "Rape Clause" was a ridiculous piece of nasty political opportunism by the SNP who supported the legislation on its way through Westminster. 

Ruth did indeed do well at the GE but as this us a football site she did well in a Derek McInnes type if way in that she got the Tories within 22 seats of the SNP in other words she got the Tories as close to the SNP as Aberdeen got as close to winning the league.

As was pointed out by Brian Taylor recently since then she has become totally obsessed by independence to the extent that he counted she used the word over 100 times in one week to Sturgeons 12 in the same period. To use another apt analogy she has taken her eye off the ball since leading her party to their relative "success".

Alternatively, the SNP share of the vote drop from over 50% to 36.9% while the Tories were up to 28.6%.

More significantly, as the SNP are a 1 issue party, they aren't going to be successful on that issue with 36.9% share of the vote.

As for Ruth's obsession, it's proved to be a vote winner for her and the Unionist parties in general.

Sturgeon has shut up about it because her obsession with forcing a second referendum has cost her dearly at the polls.

34 minutes ago, Bellside Bud said:

Of course I do. Passionately and honestly! 

I don't remember seeing either "performance". However my take on both is that the Bedroom Tax was indefensible while the so called "Rape Clause" was a ridiculous piece of nasty political opportunism by the SNP who supported the legislation on its way through Westminster. 

Show me where.

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Love this, where did I say anything about partners ha ha, that was him.....

I do have issues with that yes, men in dresses should not have rights IMHO....... Glad ur ok with it.... I will look out for you in a Black and White Mini Skirt next home game

You really are a shit stirrer aren't you............. do u have any friends ??

Most on here think your a prick,,,,,, and hope ur PC contracts a serious virus.......

Would put u on block but find u quite entertaining-- U know like Danny La Rue- Your Hero. Heroine :lol:

I have absolutely no idea why a man wearing a dress affects your life to the extent where you would actively and apparently foricibly remove their basic human rights to do whatever the f**k they wanted without asking for your advice but I think most of the population of Scotland have enough on their plates without being worried about what someone wears and who they connect their sex organs to.

What is your beef with bisexuals?

ETA. Dont bother answering. Here is the situation Doug. Transvestites and bisexuals have the same rights as anyone else in this country. Not one of them gives a f**k what you think about it. Live with it. You might also want to engage your brain and recognise that other forum members might have family or friends who are bisexual or somewhere else on the spectrum outside strict heterosexuality.

Finally, I have to admire the bravery of someone pepared to post such views on a public forum just after their name, photograph, and work location and email address were exposed on another forum. You must be VERY confident that someone on here with, let's say for sake of argument a bisexual daughter who has faced years of abuse at the hands of people like you, isn't going to take a screen grab of this page and email it to your company's HR department asking for their opinion. Very confident indeed. I admire that level of confidence, I really do but this is a generation who are not prepared to tolerate the type of abuse you ar dishing out. Best of all, it can be done anonymously. You wouldnt even know who had sent it in.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

My opinions on these matters are well documented and I have expressed them at length on many occasions.

When things get raised and responded to in a civil manner initially, and counter questions are posed, but all that comes back is deflection and whataboutery, when that happens (what you consider to be) sniping is all that's left.

Or just not responding to him like Pavlov's dog?:lol:

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

FFS Doug. Come on now. I'll give you an out on this one. You are joking aren't you. Winding us all up and looking for a response. Surely. Even if you are this stupid please don't make it so public. 

6 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

All I can remember any Tory saying to our first minister was stop going on about independence and govern.

Glad the actual records show who it actually was that kept going on about independence.

If only some weren't #thichasfcuk

Hmm, Ruth clearly got that one wrong. Nicola Sturgeon is better off banging on about Independence. When she tries to govern she f**ks up our education system, our NHS, our transport network, our police force, our ambulance service, our fire service and she digs a man size trap for herself where now we can all see that the SNP are the party of higher taxation. Ruth should have encouraged her to stay focused on the only thing NIcola Sturgeon knows what to do in government - cause that's losing her votes and losing her her party. 

7 hours ago, Bellside Bud said:

They voted to pass the 2015 Budget into legislation. Only Labour opposed it. 

Wrong way round!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3169894/Now-official-opposition-SNP-stages-takeover-Labour-benches-Commons-Harman-orders-MPS-not-vote-against-Tory-Budget.html

Labour abstained the SNP voted against!

Lie or mistake?

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have absolutely no idea why a man wearing a dress affects your life to the extent where you would actively and apparently foricibly remove their basic human rights to do whatever the f**k they wanted without asking for your advice but I think most of the population of Scotland have enough on their plates without being worried about what someone wears and who they connect their sex organs to.

What is your beef with bisexuals?

ETA. Dont bother answering. Here is the situation Doug. Transvestites and bisexuals have the same rights as anyone else in this country. Not one of them gives a f**k what you think about it. Live with it. You might also want to engage your brain and recognise that other forum members might have family or friends who are bisexual or somewhere else on the spectrum outside strict heterosexuality.

Finally, I have to admire the bravery of someone pepared to post such views on a public forum just after their name, photograph, and work location and email address were exposed on another forum. You must be VERY confident that someone on here with, let's say for sake of argument a bisexual daughter who has faced years of abuse at the hands of people like you, isn't going to take a screen grab of this page and email it to your company's HR department asking for their opinion. Very confident indeed. I admire that level of confidence, I really do but this is a generation who are not prepared to tolerate the type of abuse you ar dishing out. Best of all, it can be done anonymously. You wouldnt even know who had sent it in.

I have not given any abuse, and this was about the Tories, your the one who decided which wee bit to extend and then make pathetic threats. My point was Ruth using her power to push LGBT-as your so fascinated about my work email and FB, dig a wee bit deeper and you will see I have a sister in states married to another woman, which I am delighted about. Humans have rights Oak, its your generation that decides we should have walls and groups  . That is what is wrong, and I am sorry Men in dresses is not right, everyone has rights, a woman in Holland got done for peeing in a lane, do you think a man would of. See when the world is all fair and everyone has rights, then judge views on who gets what.....

8 hours ago, Bellside Bud said:

FFS Doug. Come on now. I'll give you an out on this one. You are joking aren't you. Winding us all up and looking for a response. Surely. Even if you are this stupid please don't make it so public. 

Yes maybe was a bit easy wound up.

So will apologise and move on