The Politics Thread

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
Perth councillor charged over child abuse images - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-41366762

Can only imagine what a certain proven lying bigot would have posted if this had been a SNP councillor.

I'll await the outcome of the trial before i make any more comments as the gentleman may well be innocent of the charges.

Imagine the fuss if it was an MP buying houses that were for sale and then selling them on again.

Guest TPAFKATS

That can't be right. We were told we would all benefit from the UK's AAA rating if we voted No. This Fake News stuff is just getting ridiculous now. [emoji4]

Did the AAA rating go before the 2014 referendum or was it just after?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14950013.36__of_SNP_and_Labour_supporters_backed_Brexit__finds_survey/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/01/thousands-scottish-leave-voters-deserted-snp-general-election/

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/03/what-next-snp-voters-who-voted-brexit

And among Scottish National party voters, the figure could be 30-34 per cent, according to Gordon Wilson, who led the party from 1979 to 1990.

I voted Remain, as did many other Conservative voters. Our party leader at the time David Cameron campaigned for Remain, as did George Osbourne. Indeed even Theresa May spoke out in favour of remain. When the referendum result came in I was disappointed but like many other Conservatives I accepted the will of the majority of the people. We were to leave the EU which was fair enough. 

Labour and the SNP predicted that Europe would destroy the Conservative Party. Infighting would rip it apart - apparently. Yet at the referendum Jeremy Corbyn refused to participate - probably because the Labour Party wanted him to campaign for Remain while he wanted to leave. And the SNP sent Sturgeon out to tactically angle for Remain in the hope the opportunity might prevail that would give her a chance to pursue more grievance politics in Scotland and maybe even another Independence Referendum. As the vote came in she gleefully ran off to Brussels looking for support for Scottish Independence but she met a dead end. She returned and told her party this was it, Indy Ref 2 was coming. Then came the General Election and the SNP became the biggest losers on the night. They'd lost so much support that their "real leader" Alex Salmond was hooked out of politics by his own constituency. Not just that loads of other high profile SNP MP's lost their jobs also told to sling their hooks by their own constituencies. Of those that hung on it was often by the finest of margins - Peter Wishart by just 21 votes. Yep - the EU issue had destroyed the SNP and yet still the brainless ones amongst them post gleefully about Brexit promises that are undelivered like it's helping their cause. 

Now, continue silly feckers. 

22 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Oh f**k off, you've been well and truly humped in this thread, no-one's even going to waste their time reading whatever SNPBaaaad shite you've posted this time.

If being "humped" means having a group of Natsi's post inaccurate personal shit about me then yeah I've been well and truly humped. What is clear you haven't done though is win the political argument. The SNP vote is collapsing. Scottish Independence is dead. Alex Salmonds political career is in tatters. And all of this whilst Theresa May and the Conservatives carry on with the job of running the country. 

And there's the proof - "Natsi's" - and you can't even use apostrophes properly.

Being humped means having every one of your claims being filleted and shown up for the steaming pile of shite they are...very similar to the steaming pile of shite in this latest post.

ETA take my advice and just f**k off. Again.

9 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

And there's the proof - "Natsi's" - and you can't even use apostrophes properly.

Being humped means having every one of your claims being filleted and shown up for the steaming pile of shite they are...very similar to the steaming pile of shite in this latest post.

Really? Let me present you with the evidence. 

Capture1.PNG.4131a1d46e09f842aeb3a4ed1790a875.PNG

Capture3.thumb.PNG.1bdbd412a1e69f470a34a24a2b919822.PNG

Edited by Bellside Bud

47 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Oh f**k off, you've been well and truly humped in this thread, no-one's even going to waste their time reading whatever SNPBaaaad shite you've posted this time.

24 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

All because his wife left him for a SNP activist. emoji23.png

Proven bitter, bigoted, hypocritical liar. emoji106.png

19 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

4 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

f**k off, StuD.

2 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

And here comes the "I've won" post...tedious to say the least. A few days off after getting humped and here we go again.

Nah, just f**k off.

WELL & TRULY FECKED :lol:

10 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Thanks for the meaningful contribution.

That's the definition of "meaningful" used in your dictionary, shull, not the one the rest of the world uses.

11 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Thanks for the meaningful contribution.

That's the definition of "meaningful" used in your dictionary, shull, not the one the rest of the world uses.

37 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

And here comes the "I've won" post...tedious to say the least. A few days off after getting humped and here we go again.

Nah, just f**k off.

39 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

f**k off, StuD.

54 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

MEANINGFUL ? :lol:

2 hours ago, smcc said:

Tell me SD, which party has most Scottish MPs?

And tell me what a good job your beloved Tories are making of running the UK  and managing Brexit!

Good question. The SNP has most Scottish MP's, at least until the next General Election. Now you tell me which party has the most MP's across the whole of the UK? You know, the UK that the vast majority of Scots wanted to stay in. 

As for question 2 - they are doing better than any other UK party, fairly obviously.

Edited by Bellside Bud

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There is almost nothing I despise more than abuse of statistics like this.

It's hardly an abuse of statistics. The title clearly shows what the statistics are measuring. It is the difference between percentage share of the vote in 2015 to the latest General Election in 2017. The SNP's support has clearly been in decline, and the Conservative Party have been the ones who have benefited. We know this is also true when we look at the seats won in Scotland where the Nationalists lost a massive 21 of the 56 seats they previously held.