The Politics Thread

shull

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I was merely lifting quotes from within one of your posts -  once again your lack of self awareness is mind-boggling! :wacko:

Must be, especially as I was expecting apologies from Munoz, yourself and shitehawk FTOF.

Better no haud my breath.

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Not sure I'd agree with that!

Interesting to see that even though I haven't engaged with him since Div posted his warning, he's referring to me as a shitehawk.

And he's demanding an apology.

Jesus wept.

Did I claim there wasnt?
You are talking about a tiny minority here.
Are you really this naive?

So you know that the vast majority of people using foodbanks just can't budget? And you know this how?

You've forced me to ask another "2 stupid" questions, are you really shull in disguise? Shite, that's three...

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Interesting to see that even though I haven't engaged with him since Div posted his warning, he's referring to me as a shitehawk.

And he's demanding an apology.

Jesus wept.

Wee creepy.

Come out and have an opinion instead of being the " Like " king

All you can say is meltdowns and being sectioned.

You're a horrific poster.

1 minute ago, salmonbuddie said:

So you know that the vast majority of people using foodbanks just can't budget? And you know this how?

You've forced me to ask another "2 stupid" questions, are you really shull in disguise? Shite, that's three...

Naw, that's the fourth. 

The third was asked earlier . :)

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having diametrically opposed views.

Dont let anyone tell you anything different.

I dont recognise your description of Scotland.

We certainly dont have millions of people NEEDING to use foodbanks.

WANTING yes. NEEDING? Away and behave.

If your bins are not being emptied drive to the dump and do it yourself.

If you dont like zero hour contracts then dont take those jobs.

Stop bloody whining.

There are people out there with real problems.

Can I ask how much money disabled people have had their money cut by a year? Please do your home work on this. The reason I ask is because it points to what I am saying. There are cuts everywhere due to the country's debt caused by bankers who brought the country to it's knees yet these bankers were paid off with millions.  Can you justify that is right , seriously ? 

10 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Millions of them in the UK. And yes, they do need foodbanks, what's the alternative?

No there aren't. 

https://fullfact.org/economy/how-many-people-use-food-banks/

There are patently not "millions" of people using food banks in the UK.  There are too many people having to use food banks but the number is nowhere near one million, never mind "millions" in the UK. 

2 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

You're doing an oaky, read what I said, not what you want it to say. I'll give you a clue - the use of "me" i.e. myself as the object of a verb or preposition.

6 then including your 5

Too much going on at the time. 

No there aren't. 
There are patently not "millions" of people using food banks in the UK.  There are too many people having to use food banks but the number is nowhere near one million, never mind "millions" in the UK. 

Aye, okay, some people repeat. Let me rephrase it, then, foodbanks had to be accessed over a million times last year, and the trend is an increasing one. Bear in mind that there are 4 types of food parcels made up and that 3 of those are for 2 or more people but are only counted as one access. Millions using foodbanks isn't too far off the mark.

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

Nope, you're still not there yet...keep trying though, apparently God loves a trier.

Shite, that's us off on another tangent...

See ye when I return from my tangent, if I can be bothered. 

5 hours ago, Bellside Bud said:

No there aren't. 

You do realise the whole family is not counted going into the food bank. 

5 hours ago, Bellside Bud said:

No there aren't. 

Full Fact?  Yer having a laugh.

"this interesting little non-profit company, headed by Tory Party donor and AnneFreud Centre Chairman Michael Samuel,"

So tell me, if you accept Full Fact's version, is it acceptable and are you happy that hundreds of thousands of people have had to depend on food banks in such a wealthy country?  A country where the wealthy use their cash and privilege to generate shit websites and suppress the information that shows just how far ahead they are of the poor in terms of life opportunities.

Edited by beyond our ken

15 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

I could easily play this game and ask you to prove that usage is driven by need rather than want but we would be at a deadlock.

You can either abuse statistics or you can simply engage your brain.

Statistics cannot be trusted because people abuse them but there is a way around that. You simply need to consider what would happen if these foodbanks shut overnight.

You cannot be naive enough to actually think things are so bad that this would result in MILLIONS of people starving to death overnight because that is precisely what you are claiming. By logic therefore, if most of them can survive without foodbanks the problem must be one of budgeting in the majority of cases.

Reducto ad absurdum.

14 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can I ask how much money disabled people have had their money cut by a year? Please do your home work on this. The reason I ask is because it points to what I am saying. There are cuts everywhere due to the country's debt caused by bankers who brought the country to it's knees yet these bankers were paid off with millions.  Can you justify that is right , seriously ? 

This is not a discussion about disabled people and frankly you shouldnt presume to know more about that particular group of people more than I do so cut out the arrogance in your posts to me on that issue.

11 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

You're doing an oaky, read what I said, not what you want it to say. I'll give you a clue - the use of "me" i.e. myself as the object of a verb or preposition.

If you want people to discuss things with you then maybe you should be a bit less condescending.

You are talking to people with a great deal more intelligence than you are giving them credit for  so a little respect wouldnt go amiss.

Edited by oaksoft

7 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Aye, okay, some people repeat. Let me rephrase it, then, foodbanks had to be accessed over a million times last year, and the trend is an increasing one. Bear in mind that there are 4 types of food parcels made up and that 3 of those are for 2 or more people but are only counted as one access. Millions using foodbanks isn't too far off the mark.

That is hardly a rephrase. You were wrong. Just admit that and we can move on.

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Full Fact?  Yer having a laugh.

"this interesting little non-profit company, headed by Tory Party donor and AnneFreud Centre Chairman Michael Samuel,"

So tell me, if you accept Full Fact's version, is it acceptable and are you happy that hundreds of thousands of people have had to depend on food banks in such a wealthy country?  A country where the wealthy use their cash and privilege to generate shit websites and suppress the information that shows just how far ahead they are of the poor in terms of life opportunities.

I am not happy that after 9 or 11 years of intensive schooling, so many people are unable to understand how to budget properly or to prioritise food over everything else.