The Politics Thread

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
Apparently we're supposed to celebrate that we've got our blue passports back.
Only cost the UK £50 billion so far.

The current burgundy/ maroon/ whatever colour of passport isn't a requirement of being in the EU despite what vote leave and the sun might claim.

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
5 hours ago, FTOF said:
Apparently we're supposed to celebrate that we've got our blue passports back.
Only cost the UK £50 billion so far.

The current burgundy/ maroon/ whatever colour of passport isn't a requirement of being in the EU despite what vote leave and the sun might claim.

Wow . A guy I know , recently showed me his Polish driving license and it looked virtually identical to the ones we have . I always thought that was part of being in the Fourth Reich Europe. .

Wow . A guy I know , recently showed me his Polish driving license and it looked virtually identical to the ones we have . I always thought that was part of being in the Fourth Reich Europe. .
The Croatian passport is dark blue, next thing you know we'll be adopting the same colour for ours because of the diktat of the Fourth Reich...

7 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

A lot of harmonization occurred in these areas and as TPAFKATS said it was voluntary although perhaps their was a bit of arm twisting behind the scenes - with freedom of movement it probably made more sense to go that way, IMO anyway.

Guest TPAFKATS

A lot of harmonization occurred in these areas and as TPAFKATS said it was voluntary although perhaps their was a bit of arm twisting behind the scenes - with freedom of movement it probably made more sense to go that way, IMO anyway.
There's also now an international standard for passports with regards size and material. So we won't be going back to the Old design no matter how many interviews Farage does claiming this is a victory.

I'm sure most folk don't really give a f**k what colour their passport is. I'm more concerned at the cost to change.

18 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

There's also now an international standard for passports with regards size and material. So we won't be going back to the Old design no matter how many interviews Farage does claiming this is a victory.

I'm sure most folk don't really give a f**k what colour their passport is. I'm more concerned at the cost to change.

I just renewed mine last month.

If they do force us to change them, I'll be fucked if I'm paying for a new one.

I shall protest by refusing to travel to other countries.:angry::rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, FTOF said:

I just renewed mine last month.

If they do force us to change them, I'll be fucked if I'm paying for a new one.

I shall protest by refusing to travel to other countries.:angry::rolleyes:

As far as EU split is concerned, you won't have to until it's ready for renewal.

But... When Scotland comes to it's collective senses it may be necessary for a change. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think I've ever watched a party political broadcast, other than catching the start of one after the news, and immediately switching channels.

As much as I'd like to think that nobody would base their choice of vote on watching  party political broadcasts, I sure that people do, otherwise they wouldn't broadcast them.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:15 AM, TPAFKATS said:

As party political broadcast pastiches of the monty python Romans sketch go it was OK.
Admittedly it was on in the background so I never gave it my full attention.

It was a revamp of one they did back in 2011 , featuring Alex Salmond . As political party adverts go , you'd need to be a sensitive soul to get annoyed by it . .

Anyway , I believe most tv's still have a channel changing facility . .