The Politics Thread

shull

17 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

It was a revamp of one they did back in 2011 , featuring Alex Salmond . As political party adverts go , you'd need to be a sensitive soul to get annoyed by it . .

Anyway , I believe most tv's still have a channel changing facility . .

The fact people are talking about it means they've watched it and the message about, "What the SNP have done for us", has been transmitted and received.

Cringe worthy? I agree. But it could be argued it was successful.

19 hours ago, stlucifer said:

The fact people are talking about it means they've watched it and the message about, "What the SNP have done for us", has been transmitted and received.

Cringe worthy? I agree. But it could be argued it was successful.

I would counter argue that it would put people off as it makes the SNP look rather foolish. The "message" will have been lost in the "hilarious" attempts at comedy.

TBH I'm not convinced these have much effect.

People who support the SNP will see it as ok and people who don't will see it as pish, not many, IMO, will change the way they vote on the strength of these short adverts.

Edited by faraway saint

23 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Going by the Lib Dems PPB tonight,  which I believe was created, if that's the right word, before the SNP's. I think the political parties are trying to outdo themselves, in the wrong way.

Never really caught the details, was on phone, but the small glimpse I did catch was quality..........................in a "who the feck though of that idea" type of way. 

As I constantly try to negotiate my way round potholes in the carpetbombed roads of Glasgow and Paisley. ........

The Politicians and Scottish Media are getting in a froth over fecking flags.

Fannies

8 hours ago, shull said:
As I constantly try to negotiate my way round potholes in the carpetbombed roads of Glasgow and Paisley. ........
The Politicians and Scottish Media are getting in a froth over fecking flags.
Fannies

Only politicians and media that are getting upset is wee Ruth and papers like the Scottish Express and Daily Mail. Rest of the country carrying on as normal.

Edited by renfrew

• 4 weeks later...

Annoyingly tonight just watched Sturgeon saying that perpetrators of crime require to be rehabilitated, despite the seemingly distasteful nature of this, especially when murderers attempt to murder again whilst on home leave ???
Don’t tell me we’re going even softer on crime.
Perpetrators of crime get resources and rehabilitated, victims get the life sentence.
Disgraceful !!!

Guest TPAFKATS
Annoyingly tonight just watched Sturgeon saying that perpetrators of crime require to be rehabilitated, despite the seemingly distasteful nature of this, especially when murderers attempt to murder again whilst on home leave ???
Perpetrators of crime get resources and rehabilitated, victims get the life sentence.
Disgraceful !!!
If you don't attempt to rehabilitate offenders they will continue to offend.
Paedos being the exception to this rule.

On 22/02/2018 at 10:45 PM, Seaside Nipper said:

Disgraceful !!!

I will raise your disgraceful , as this particular case accounts for far more deaths in the UK , the equivalent of a large Scottish town being slaughtered. .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/23/nhs-drug-errors-may-causing-22000-deaths-every-year/

Guest TPAFKATS
I will raise your disgraceful , as this particular case accounts for far more deaths in the UK , the equivalent of a large Scottish town being slaughtered. .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/23/nhs-drug-errors-may-causing-22000-deaths-every-year/
There's a couple of clues here -
1. The headline says may be
2. It's the Telegraph

I love Walkers Shortbread and will purchase in whatever wrapper.

Some precious wee McDudes above :lol:

I bet Michael McGowan bought Warburtons last week during the crisis.  Fanny :lol:

Edited by shull

• 2 weeks later...

"A spokeswoman for the Home Office said: "The chosen company demonstrated that they will be best able to meet the needs of our passport service with a high quality and secure product at the best value for money for our customers and the taxpayer."

The Culture Secretary, Matthew Hancock, told the BBC that EU procurement rules were "very clear" but might change after Brexit.

"As it happens, one of the advantages of leaving the European Union is that we'll be able to have more control over our own procurement rules," he said."

And I thought tis was one of the main reasons for leaving the EU. :rolleyes:

"A spokeswoman for the Home Office said: "The chosen company demonstrated that they will be best able to meet the needs of our passport service with a high quality and secure product at the best value for money for our customers and the taxpayer."
The Culture Secretary, Matthew Hancock, told the BBC that EU procurement rules were "very clear" but might change after Brexit.
"As it happens, one of the advantages of leaving the European Union is that we'll be able to have more control over our own procurement rules," he said."

Still governed by Procurement rules during transition seemingly.
Honestly couldn’t make this up, you’d think that symbolically or in national interest you’d just tell Yorp to poke it, we’ll make our own.
Madness.

21 hours ago, smcc said:

I thought it was just to get back to imperial weights and measures , you know , the return of the humble gallon and wouldn't it be great if we could bring back the ten bob note , the tanner and the widden thruppenny bit , 20 bob to the pound an all that . .decimalisation was just a con. .

Historically, non-decimal currencies were much more common. .