The Politics Thread

shull

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nope. What puts you specifically into the crackpot theory group is saying that sugar "toxifies" the body and that all peer reviewed science is paid for by industry.

I guess because the dentist didn't have a peer reviewed bullshit paper when he told you that sugar causes cavities,  you simply thought he was a crackpot . .your pomposity really had no bounds 

3 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I guess because the dentist didn't have a peer reviewed bullshit paper when he told you that sugar causes cavities,  you simply thought he was a crackpot . .your pomposity really had no bounds 

Actually, dentists say that PRECISELY because there is peer reviewed literature proving the link going back many decades. They didn't decide tooth decay was caused by sugar because some twat online said it.

I am surprised you use a dentist. I thought you would see dentistry as a government and industry conspiracy designed to keep us all in our place. :lol: How do you know you really need that filling? They could be making it all up as a money making scheme. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Are you not supposed to be intelligent? 

That's the kind of statement l'd expect from stupid person , not very original either , crass and banal

"you are being propagandised" is exactly the sort of insane ramblings I would expect from a certified nutcase. :lol:

How do you sleep at night with all those "reds under the beds"? Fitfully I imagine. :lol:

You poor crazy bastard.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

"you are being propagandised" is exactly the sort of insane ramblings I would expect from a certified nutcase. :lol:

How do you sleep at night with all those "reds under the beds"? Fitfully I imagine. :lol:

You poor crazy bastard.

You are actually quite juvenile as well as sanctimonious. You probably need more smilies though that should keep you right. .

Lunchtime summary

• Downing Street has said that Theresa May will deliver a statement to MPs at 3.30pm about Brexit following the talks ending in deadlock yesterday. The Brussels impasse heightened speculation that the negotiations will not succeed, and that the UK will end up leaving without a deal, although this morning Downing Street insisted the government remained confident of getting a deal. (See 1.32pm.) Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator, has also urged people to “be patient”. (See 1.40pm.) Downing Street also restated May’s determination that the Irish backstop in the deal must be temporary (see 1.32pm) and May is likely to make this point to MPs, to counter claims from Tory Brexiters and the DUP that she is compromising too much.
  • Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish first minister, has called for the article 50 process to be extended, saying that a “blindford Brexit” would be unacceptable.

• 4 years later...
5 hours ago, HSS said:

I hope she is thinking longer term of a Holyrood seat and the party leadership when Humza gets ousted. She would be a huge figure in the scottish parliament and possibly be just as effective, if not more effective, than sturgeon

It seems to me that the recent election of a new westminster leader has really made a difference to the SNP mood

Edited by beyond our ken

• 1 month later...