st mirren tv com

Just now, big basil said:

I know this has been raised before but who is the posh guy on saints tv 

surely we can use ex players to better effect and expert ideas and past tales of

games and team mates etc ?

It's a service provided and funded by UWS so it's only fair that the UWS students get to work on it!

I think the service is great, the co-comm guy (Chris?) is brilliant!

1 hour ago, div said:

It's a service provided and funded by UWS so it's only fair that the UWS students get to work on it!

I think the service is great, the co-comm guy (Chris?) is brilliant!

Having used this service a few times I have to admit it has improved.

The first few times I used this it was very poor.

Wide screen shots, no decent close up shots, no replays and just poor.

Last time I used it there was a massive improvement.

Suppose this was to be expected but the current standard is almost worth the money.

Edited by faraway saint

Have always enjoyed St Mirren TV while abroad the full game is  delightful and balanced. You have a young student learning his trade as a commentator who obviously done his home work on the opposition. Young students working the cameras , producing all over seen by lecturers. Beside the commentator you have a St Mirren fan who does a good job over 90 min. When we score that Saints fan is no different from Saints fans who celebrate a goal.  Keep up the good work it's great we can see highlights and Jack's interviews on YouTube. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 minute ago, big basil said:

just think it could be improved by club legends doin the home games imagine bashers delight at the goals flying in 

what other ex players would we like to hear their views ?

I think it's an interesting idea.

If any ex players were in attendance at hospitality surely they could nip over and add something to the broadcast?

43 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

When it started, Tommy Turner did it a few times and I think some injured players did it as well

Aye, Naismith was co-commentator a few times.

I like the current co-commentator's passion and enthusiasm. No need for po-faced impartiality.

27 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I watched Falkirk TV after the 3-1 game, just to hear Peter Houston's reaction. What they do is also interview two players for their thoughts. I thought that was a pretty good idea and maybe something Saints could look at.

Good shout.

I think the service is well worth the money, that however is based on the standard of football on offer currently, start of last year I would have payed them not to show the games :(

A great service that will hopefully keep improving and I like the balance of the commentators. I found it funny last year that they were so made up to catch a flight coming into land over the top of the stand, apparently they had been trying to get that shot for 2 years or so.

SS

51 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

I think the service is well worth the money, that however is based on the standard of football on offer currently, start of last year I would have payed them not to show the games :(

A great service that will hopefully keep improving and I like the balance of the commentators. I found it funny last year that they were so made up to catch a flight coming into land over the top of the stand, apparently they had been trying to get that shot for 2 years or so.

SS

I'm not convinced it's worth the money as Hibs TV is probably better and, funny enough, cheaper.

Edited by faraway saint

Being outside of Scotland I use the service a lot and it has improved a lot in recent times. I must agree with the original poster in that I often find myself turning the volume down as the guy Chris don't half talk garbage items during the games. Nothing against his enthusiasm for the goals at all this should be encouraged, but I would enjoy a ex-player giving some of the match analysis instead. Also, the students themselves (main commentator) is absolutely fine. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not convinced it's worth the money as Hibs TV is probably better and, funny enough, cheaper.

Yes but funny enough I don't support Hibs I support Saints.

Its all in the eye of the beholder, if there was a cheaper, better way to be able to see almost every home game (aside from the few I get up to see) I would probably use it, but as this is the option then its good with me.

Could it be improved, yes and hopefully it will continue to develop and mature as time goes on with more features etc.

SS 

7 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Yes but funny enough I don't support Hibs I support Saints.

Its all in the eye of the beholder, if there was a cheaper, better way to be able to see almost every home game (aside from the few I get up to see) I would probably use it, but as this is the option then its good with me.

Could it be improved, yes and hopefully it will continue to develop and mature as time goes on with more features etc.

SS 

Wow, thanks for clearing that up, unnecessary as it was. :blink:

Anyway, as has been stated, definitely improving, even since the turn of the year.

Making the point that I don't care how good or cheap another teams service is as this is the ONLY service available to me as a Saints fan. You may think unnecessary but your point may as well have compared Sky or BT sport to SMFC tv so IMHO also unnecessary.

If you think something is not worth the money don't buy it simple but comparing a service which is similar but not the same seems kinda pointless.

SS

7 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Making the point that I don't care how good or cheap another teams service is as this is the ONLY service available to me as a Saints fan. You may think unnecessary but your point may as well have compared Sky or BT sport to SMFC tv so IMHO also unnecessary.

If you think something is not worth the money don't buy it simple but comparing a service which is similar but not the same seems kinda pointless.

SS

What if St Mirren were playing Hibs or is it only home games you watch?

Aye, you're right, pointless. :byebye

fs.