Revised Predictions

Kemp

Now we are a few games in to the season we have a bit of a better idea of how the summer transfer window has gone for most clubs and who will be challenging the mighty Buds for the title.

Here's how how I see things panning out - whit aboot you?

1st - St Mirren.

A bit of a frustrating Saints side we have as in addition to good performances against Falkirk, Livingston and Dundee Utd we have been thumped 5-0 and 4-1 and nearly went out the diddy cup to East Kilbride.  However, I think the commanding nature of those victories against Falkirk and Utd show enough to suggest we can be confident about competing.  We still have Davis and Magennis to come back in to the side and I really like how we look with 5 at the back and with Eckersley in the middle.  Stelios and Smith can attack down the wings and there is a bit more cover for what has been the major problem in this side: comical defending in the centre of the park.  Only concern would be an injury to one of Reilly / Smith / Morgan - I dont see any replacement in the squad for any of them.

2nd - Dunfermline.

Have been on a very strong run since New Year, with a near identical record to Saints that took them away from relegation troubles.  Like us they have quite a lot of firepower up front and their fans seem to be confident.  Going to be a cracker when we go through there in a few weeks.  Fixtures have been kind to them at the start of the season, in the second round they have more tricky away fixtures and I would expect them to lose their momentum at that point.

3rd - Dundee Utd

They will compete simply due to their bigger resources and some of the attacking players they have.  I think we will see them struggle until they sack Ray McKinnon.  What was remarkable about last weekend's game was just how unprepared they were.  They seemingly had no idea we may line up 5-3-2 (despite the successful change in formation at Livingston)  and had no plan at all to stop Morgan runingn at them.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them drop to the lower half of the table, seems to be very little fight about them and look very much a club on the decline. 

4th - Queen of the South

Solid team, will certainly be challenging for playoffs.

5th - Inverness

John Roberston was a bizzare choice of manager to put together a Championship promotion campaign.  Still, they should have enough Premier League quality players still to be competing for the playoffs.

6th - Livingston

They will grind out results.  Win or draw at any price.  It should work well for them.

7th - Morton

Their 4-1 over us was a fluke.  They didn't look like doing anything until the ref gives them a penalty for a blatant dive by Quitongo, and then the red card at the start of the second half killed us.  A good point away to Inverness but then lost to Livvy at home.  I think Duffy is a very good manager and he had them well organised against us, but I don't think they have enough quality to finish in the top half of the table.

8th - Falkirk

They really looked very weak indeed when they came to the 2021 and it seems to have got worse from there!

9th - Dumbarton

Looking well organised again, wouldn't be surprised if they finish higher.

10th - Brechin

Would appear to be out of their depth.

Come back after the first quarter more sensible given everyone will have played each other. Win our next two league games then predictions will be looking quite good for us. Would also have a better idea how other teams players are. Kemp be honest you  had your Christmas presents well spied on before December the 25th. 

51 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Come back after the first quarter more sensible given everyone will have played each other. 

Agreed.

Or at least wait until after the August transfer window has closed so we have a firm idea of what all ten teams have to work with.

I don't believe in one man teams but sometimes a very special player comes along. Now tgatvthecwindow has closed and Lewis Morgan is still a St. Mirren player, my revised prediction is that on 31st December we will be top of the league. 

If on 1st February Lewis is still our player, then my further revised prediction is that we will win the league.

Of course, the latter may still happen if Lewis leaves in January. It just won't be as certain. 

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don't believe in one man teams but sometimes a very special player comes along. Now tgatvthecwindow has closed and Lewis Morgan is still a St. Mirren player, my revised prediction is that on 31st December we will be top of the league. 

If on 1st February Lewis is still our player, then my further revised prediction is that we will win the league.

Of course, the latter may still happen if Lewis leaves in January. It just won't be as certain. 

I would hope Jack and James are lining up a number of replacements of Lewis to bring in in January.

Jai Quitongo is a fairly pacy direct player who would at least fit in to our style (although clearly not as good as Morgan).  Can't think of many others in this division mind you.

23 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I would hope Jack and James are lining up a number of replacements of Lewis to bring in in January.

Jai Quitongo is a fairly pacy direct player who would at least fit in to our style (although clearly not as good as Morgan).  Can't think of many others in this division mind you.

Quitongo is a cracking player. We'd do extremely well were we to get him. Based on the way he played against us I'd imagine Morton will be looking for a top SPL or English Championship team to come in and pay good money for him.

Agreed.
Or at least wait until after the August transfer window has closed so we have a firm idea of what all ten teams have to work with.

Agree. Waiting until after the first quarter is a bit of a cheat. It's supposed to be a prediction rather than science after all. Based on very little other than instinct I think if JR hasn't been poached and United's manager lasts until after the next window we can finish top. Need a bit of luck with the front three too staying fit and on form or Morgan going in January allowing us to bring a couple of quality replacements.

1 hour ago, David Mc said:

Agree. Waiting until after the first quarter is a bit of a cheat. It's supposed to be a prediction rather than science after all. Based on very little other than instinct I think if JR hasn't been poached and United's manager lasts until after the next window we can finish top. Need a bit of luck with the front three too staying fit and on form or Morgan going in January allowing us to bring a couple of quality replacements.

On that I would say ether St Mirren / Dunfemline.  Dundee United will be 3d or 4th not impressed with their front line.  QOS are going well it has to be said. Morton will resume mid table. Dumbarton and Beachin will hold the table up this season. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

On that I would say ether St Mirren / Dunfemline.  Dundee United will be 3d or 4th not impressed with their front line.  QOS are going well it has to be said. Morton will resume mid table. Dumbarton and Beachin will hold the table up this season. 

My original prediction stands , we go top of the League in October and stay there til the end of the season . I can't believe even the amount of neutrals that say to me we will win promotion this season. This is our season , the 3rd time of asking and we will do it . Jack is a fantastic manager. . I think we are fortunate to have him especially considering the dross we have had at the helm recently. .