Tunnel panel ideas

11 hours ago, FS said:

Surely the tunnel just needs a big sign saying "If ye hate the feckin Morton, clap yer hands !" ?

The person/s who decide, will be the same ones who decided on the "Come On Ye Saints" pish.  I don't hold out much hope TBH

The Dortmund Idea ia a great one... very Psychological  and can be printed in a subtle prespective to put unconcious fear/doubt into the opposition and at the same time, lift the home team.  I bet the Germans spent Thousands on Psychologists alone.  That works been done for us. 

Lets use it for free!

I'm sure Poz could mock up something  similar using just our 3 traditional colours. No Crest, theres plenty of them around the stadium.

5 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

The person/s who decide, will be the same ones who decided on the "Come On Ye Saints" pish.  I don't hold out much hope TBH

I'm sure Poz could mock up something  similar using just our 3 traditional colours. No Crest, theres plenty of them around the stadium.

It seems that the Y in "ye" should be pronounced "th" - so it is no different from the awe-inspiring 'Come on the Saints'.

when typesetting started, most letter sets for printing were made in Europe, which didn't have the vocal "th", so British type setters decided to make do/bodge with the letter y.

similarly, I feel sure that the creative poz could bodge something much, much better than come on ye saintszzz....

https://johnaugust.com/2011/ye-olde-shoppe-never-existed

I guess the idea is to motivate our players and let opposing teams be aware of the challenge they are facing as they come out onto the playing surface.

Do the images have to be Static? 

Why not multimedia with vision and sound?  This can be updated with goals or celebrations via St Mirren TV.

Would also provide a feature for visitors to the stadium if match day sounds and film are played.

Just a thought 

I've already tweeted this suggestion to the club  , they're are a lot of 50 somethings in the support who had their heads turned by this goal , it has to be included. John Greig , the greatest Ranger of all time , watching wee Hughie from the Burgh putting them to the sword !

gilshan.png

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, pozbaird said:

... plus, Jack Ross is one of the players in that photo giving their all to keep that ball out our net.

But who had the last touch to keep it out ?  Looking at the pictures, I would say Ross had the last touch.

7 hours ago, antrin said:

It seems that the Y in "ye" should be pronounced "th" - so it is no different from the awe-inspiring 'Come on the Saints'.

when typesetting started, most letter sets for printing were made in Europe, which didn't have the vocal "th", so British type setters decided to make do/bodge with the letter y.

similarly, I feel sure that the creative poz could bodge something much, much better than come on ye saintszzz....

https://johnaugust.com/2011/ye-olde-shoppe-never-existed

Don't know why you're going on about all that crap... it's quite simple... Saints fans don't and never have sang 'Ye', thats a Pars thing.  We sing 'You'... didn't you know that?

9 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

There should be separate tunnels.  Here's a good example from Red Star Belgrade  for the away team.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/intimidating-three-minute-walk-through-13152998 

Now that is pretty imtimidating!

Maybe SMISA quarterly spends could be saved up to build asimilar away tunnel to come out between W6 & W7 and hire some riot gear for the Ball boys and Youth squad and have them wait in the tunnel?  ^_^

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Tunnel2.jpg

Seriously Excellent Poz,  bigger, or just add:

...and you're gettin it    

:toilet

Jobbies a goodun

16 hours ago, billyg said:

I've already tweeted this suggestion to the club  , they're are a lot of 50 somethings in the support who had their heads turned by this goal , it has to be included. John Greig , the greatest Ranger of all time , watching wee Hughie from the Burgh putting them to the sword !

gilshan.png

In front of a crowd of over 40,000.

I'm too young for this moment, but surely its an iconic moment in the club's history\?

Young fans won't appreciate the history. but I would imagine that this point time was ecstacy.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I really like this. It's direct and succinct. I even like the layout. Is it possible to add an red exclamation mark at the end as an emphasis?

I remember when we were doing the 'Final Chapter' book. Many of the 'celebrity' contributors gave us their stories and just said, crack on and stick it in the book... (I paraphrase). Big Yogi being a prime example. 'Good luck wi' yer' book son, Smuurrrnn is a good club,' etc. An experience I am unlikely to forget in a hurry - interviewing Yogi in his office before a Falkirk v St Mirren game. The guy is mental, but so entertaining. I could have listened to his tales all day over a few beers... anyway I digress. Two people really took an interest in the nuts and bolts of their page in the book - GLS and Chick Young. Chick took the initial draft and changed things, tweaked things, altered wording. In doing so, from my original draft, you could see his vast experience in writing and broadcasting coming to the fore - the changes made it better, scan better, read better. He was a pro' we were enthusiastic amateurs. One thing Chick was insistent on was the removal of un-necessary exclamation marks. I had put a few in, but Chick explained that they can actually take away from, and not add to, the impact you are trying to achieve. Sometimes, he explained, adding the exclamation mark can make a sentence seem light-hearted and jokey! Like you are being funny!

Just like I did there. Pretty spot-on was Chick. 

Anyway, this is either an interesting wee story, or a boring waste of bandwidth. :P

Edited by pozbaird

10 minutes ago, Westmarcher said:

I like the Monaco and Borussia Dortmund tunnels, also the idea of showing the cup winning teams. I think some of the other ideas will be counter-productive and will not intimidate visiting clubs.  In fact, I reckon it will rile them and make them more determined to show us up. It would certainly get my blood up. 

My opinion is that photos of cup winning teams, past heroes, or text like 'We are St Mirren' will neither intimidate or inspire opponents. When they enter the field of play it will still be the same stadium with the same 4,500ish crowd, their fans behind the same goal. IMHO the images and/or words will look decent on an otherwise plain black wall, and the words, should they be chosen, might re-inforce the message that this is our place, our home, and you are the away team.... which is fine, but intimidation? Cannae' see it.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I remember when we were doing the 'Final Chapter' book. Many of the 'celebrity' contributors gave us their stories and just said, crack on and stick it in the book... (I paraphrase). Big Yogi being a prime example. 'Good luck wi' yer' book son, Smuurrrnn is a good club,' etc. An experience I am unlikely to forget in a hurry - interviewing Yogi in his office before a Falkirk v St Mirren game. The guy is mental, but so entertaining. I could have listened to his tales all day over a few beers... anyway I digress. Two people really took an interest in the nuts and bolts of their page in the book - GLS and Chick Young. Chick took the initial draft and changed things, tweaked things, altered wording. In doing so, from my original draft, you could see his vast experience in writing and broadcasting coming to the fore - the changes made it better, scan better, read better. He was a pro' we were enthusiastic amateurs. One thing Chick was insistent on was the removal of un-necessary exclamation marks. I had put a few in, but Chick explained that they can actually take away from, and not add to, the impact you are trying to achieve. Sometimes, he explained, adding the exclamation mark can make a sentence seem light-hearted and jokey! Like you are being funny!

Just like I did there. Pretty spot-on was Chick. 

Anyway, this is either an interesting wee story, or a boring waste of bandwidth. :P

Why dont we go for the We are St.mirren , This is Paisley stuff without exclamation marks but add an angry face emoji at the end so the opposition know we mean business ?