Fao div - moderation on here...

antrin

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Bring back the Wank Tank.

Very simple, and, it seemed to me, very effective.

The forum is liable to drown in an ocean of its own steaming skitter unless there is some form of intervention.

Why ? 

A couple of wee minor spats with nothing getting out of hand. 

Otherwise, the Forum is thriving with double the number of members that it had a few years ago. 

A new unknown Mod could scan the Forum a couple of times a day to keep things tidy and ticking over. 

Memorable Season in the making. 

Edited by shull

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Bring back the Wank Tank.

Very simple, and, it seemed to me, very effective.

The forum is liable to drown in an ocean of its own steaming skitter unless there is some form of intervention.

I agree with Drew.

i have a long history on this forum and its predecessors .  I loved what it once was.  I have met many good Buddies through it.

for it to flourish and once again be the enjoyable beast it once was, here's another suggestion...

(If the one about controlling flood posting is unworkable and if the abusive two really find it impossible to completely ignoreme, as I suggested but they found impossible...)

bring back the wank tank, reincarcerate them AND ME. :)

Seriously.

i'd be happier seeing this place return to normalcy and decency - and they'd be happy venting their vile  spleen and abuse on a captive audience. EveryBuddie happy! :)

(I would, of course, ignore them and only occasionally correct their transgressions, if I could be arsed.)

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't think it was.

As I recall there was very mixed views on it.

Isn't it enough to use the ignore function?

Drew and Pozzybaws loved the Wank Tank because they could then post unchallenged especially when they spewed shite. They love to abuse then hide. 

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

I agree with Drew.

i have a long history on this forum and its predecessors .  I loved what it once was.  I have met many good Buddies through it.

for it to flourish and once again be the enjoyable beast it once was, here's another suggestion...

(If the one about controlling flood posting is unworkable and if the abusive two really find it impossible to completely ignoreme, as I suggested but they found impossible...)

bring back the wank tank, reincarcerate them AND ME. :)

Seriously.

i'd be happier seeing this place return to normalcy and decency - and they'd be happy venting their vile  spleen and abuse on a captive audience. EveryBuddie happy! :)

(I would, of course, ignore them and only occasionally correct their transgressions, if I could be arsed.)

You're the problem. 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't think it was.

As I recall there was very mixed views on it.

Isn't it enough to use the ignore function?

The ignore function is limited.  Ultimately, it won't prevent folk from becoming scunnered with the forum and chucking it altogether. I think that's a real shame.

The Wank Tank afforded the opportunity for serial pains in the arse to be parked in their own little cooler for a while, thus giving everyone else a bit of peace. It was less radical than banning folk (which only works up to a point anyway on account of the alias issue), and gave those who were papped in there something to chew on.

The real beauty of it, though, was that people could continue to engage with the Wank Tankers if they chose to do so.

There needs to be some form of sanction for people who consistently troll and pollute the forum with tedious, repetitive, and often relentlessly negative, shite.

All of this is just my opinion, of course, and I appreciate that I'd be a candidate for the Tank just as anyone else would be.

Edited by Drew

Who bans who ? Who decides someone's contributions are bullying, offensive or downright debasing pish ?? Meltdowns can be amusing, there can be much entertainment and a rich and inventive use of profanity on here, admittedly not as rich as "on the terraces" but sometimes it's ok doke.
If a "din bin " was in play I'd like to see who was in it, much like a league of villainy, who's in, who's up for parole. That would work for me.
Sadly things are pretty decent on the park the noo so I'm not really caring who's getting it tight on here the noo.
Just sayin like........it's been a while

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Sorry, I just can't agree with this. I can see where you're coming from but I don't think that a post limit would in any way solve the issue - especially with the amount of aliases certain people have.

The suggestion of a post limit certainly had the numbnuts brothers bricking it.

What would they do with their hands if they weren't pursuing their current target on here? Actually, don't answer that.

My advice to Antrin is ignore them, at least when they are picking (ineffectively) on you then their families are not getting the abuse they feel is their right to dish out.

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

What would they do with their hands if they weren't pursuing their current target on here? Actually, don't answer that.

My advice to Antrin is ignore them, at least when they are picking (ineffectively) on you then their families are not getting the abuse they feel is their right to dish out.

Eh? :blink:

Oh shit, that's number 10. :byebye

See ye tomorrow. :1eye

Edited by faraway saint

Will hold my hand up and admit to getting wound up over nothing more in the past than now so what was the reason ? Will put it down to floating around the water in a tin can with limited space  for months on end working with a team from foreign land where English was not their first language. Now away from that life feel much happier as such read things differently now. I'm home for good now and I love it :)

39 minutes ago, antrin said:

Only because I won't lie down to twin bullying and harassment.

you can't take it when someBuddie fights back and exposes your multiple deficiencies.

Can take anything from you.

You're the Forum joke with your smugness, smarminess, patronising and condescending tone. 

Laughable and anything but a threat. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Will hold my hand up and admit to getting wound up over nothing more in the past than now so what was the reason ? Will put it down to floating around the water in a tin can with limited space  for months on end working with a team from foreign land where English was not their first language. Now away from that life feel much happier as such read things differently now. I'm home for good now and I love it :)

Thanks for that message Action Man ,  love the cheeky little Space Oddity reference! :clapping

Sordid details following?

I agree. 

It's all about respect. 

We are all Buddies together with slight differing opinions now and again. 

If Tantrum, sorry Mr Antrin could really calm his very erratic emotions we will all be fine, maybe not bosom buddies , but cool with each other 

We will let him off from saying sorry as this Thread had been magnificent. 

What a laugh. 

Get it pinned. 

Hope he cuts out the condescending , smug, patronising and smarmy tone 

That is poor. 

X

Respect must be earned.

If someone abuses me, as has happened a lot from those two, then I shall speak out.  I don't like bullies.  Never did.

Over a week ago I asked them to ignore me and I would ignore them.  They treated that as a weakness which gave them chances to sleekitly slag me cos I wasn't looking.

But other Buddies were looking, and alerted me, which is why I have been exercising my right of reply.  They don't like it up 'em.

And div, should that 'respect' you mention not also cover ageist abuse - as well as racist, sexist and homophobic stuff? 

That would be a nice thing - for a change.  :) 

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

Respect must be earned.

If someone abuses me, as has happened a lot from those two, then I shall speak out.  I don't like bullies.  Never did.

Over a week ago I asked them to ignore me and I would ignore them.  They treated that as a weakness which gave them chances to sleekitly slag me cos I wasn't looking.

But other Buddies were looking, and alerted me, which is why I have been exercising my right of reply.  They don't like it up 'em.

And div, should that 'respect' you mention not also cover ageist abuse - as well as racist, sexist and homophobic stuff? 

That would be a nice thing - for a change.  :) 

He is awfy crabbit. 

But there is some love there. 

Just to add. 

He must read the whole Forum with blinkers on. 

With respect, son. 

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

The ignore function doesn't work as, even apart from the quotes when folk are ridiculing the fools, you still have to negotiate all the lists they generate while spewing their sh!te. Example below.

See what I mean.png

Edited by stlucifer