So farewell then...Walter Becker

Langbank

Time for me to update my list of dead rock n rollers I've seen live. RIP. Absolutely love Steely Dan - like the music of Simon & Garfunkel, The Ramones or Blondie, to me it just makes me think of New York City. I also love Donald Fagen's solo work, most notably the 'Nightfly' album.

Smart lyrics, clever lyrics, great songs and arrangements. Headphones on, drift away to another place.

2 minutes ago, Langbank said:

Yeah big regret never having seen them live. "Can't Buy a Thrill" one of my favourite all time albums.

Couple of grumpy basturts' mind you. Never played three of their best known songs and chose some obscure songs instead. Was a brilliant gig though. The musicianship and arrangements were top class, as was the playing and singing. Miserable cnuts. :P

First saw them on the Whistle Test doing  "Reelin' in the Years".  It was an old black & white film from about 1972 but I can't track it down. Went out and bought the album the next day (Can't Buy A Thrill) and the single despite it being on the album.  Still play the track in the car to this day - makes the hairs on the back of neck stand out.  This version's not too shabby.

Live in 1972

On 9/3/2017 at 4:58 PM, Langbank said:

Yeah big regret never having seen them live. "Can't Buy a Thrill" one of my favourite all time albums.

For me it's that, The Royal Scam and Gaucho. But, to be fair, you can't really go wrong, they're all magic.

Missed them when they've played Scotland since they got back together and I can't think why I didn't go. A real favourite band. Very sad news.