saints fans survey 2017

thewhiteman

Re assuring to see, and contrary to what a few heavily suggested here that the Smisa membership do indeed have their own minds despite the SMFC chairmans demeaning attempts to prove otherwise. We can only hope he sees sense now, and refrains from interfering in the independent supporters association's business.

its dissapointing that the opportunity to deliver a message, and vote no to the obscene funding of the Academy, and insulting pitch to fund match balls for the first team was passed up, but thats democracy and there will I am sure be plenty of other opportunities to shine a light on members funds being frittered away on items the club have akready budgeted for.

Re assuring to see, and contrary to what a few heavily suggested here that the Smisa membership do indeed have their own minds despite the SMFC chairmans demeaning attempts to prove otherwise. We can only hope he sees sense now, and refrains from interfering in the independent supporters association's business.
its dissapointing that the opportunity to deliver a message, and vote no to the obscene funding of the Academy, and insulting pitch to fund match balls for the first team was passed up, but thats democracy and there will I am sure be plenty of other opportunities to shine a light on members funds being frittered away on items the club have akready budgeted for.

St Mirren football club is the entity that we want to benefit. They gave us their opinion on a voting option, nothing more nothing less. Democracy only works when decisions are informed and it turns out majority of fans were still wanting to fund this.

As for it being "obscene" and "insulting" that fans would choose to give money to a project that would financially benefit their football club. That's just downright silly.

The money is not thrown away, it allows the club to use what they would have spent, on other aspects of St Mirren football club. Get my vote (and majority of voting members vote) every time.

You can disagree with the way the vote has went but to be critical of the will of paying members... strange.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

St Mirren football club is the entity that we want to benefit. They gave us their opinion on a voting option, nothing more nothing less. Democracy only works when decisions are informed and it turns out majority of fans were still wanting to fund this.

As for it being "obscene" and "insulting" that fans would choose to give money to a project that would financially benefit their football club. That's just downright silly.

The money is not thrown away, it allows the club to use what they would have spent, on other aspects of St Mirren football club. Get my vote (and majority of voting members vote) every time.

You can disagree with the way the vote has went but to be critical of the will of paying members... strange.

Funny... I was sure you said "the majority of voting members" wouldnt disagree with the chairman's ill conceived attempts at trying to run Smisa. But they did..! Lets see how many more vote to disagree with the insulting items put forward by the club.

match balls ffs... would that mean if members voted no we would be asking visiting teams if they could "Bung-A-Baw" our way..? 

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Funny... I was sure you said "the majority of voting members" wouldnt disagree with the chairman's ill conceived attempts at trying to run Smisa. But they did..! Lets see how many more vote to disagree with the insulting items put forward by the club.

match balls ffs... would that mean if members voted no we would be asking visiting teams if they could "Bung-A-Baw" our way..? 

Well no I didn't say that. I said the majority of voting members wouldn't be against the chairman giving his opinion. At last count I think I've noted three paying (I assume they're SMISA members, might not be) members that for reasons I can only put down to, not wanting/ caring about the views of their football club, that have been unhappy with GS input. Why on earth would you think getting the input for the club you support is a bad thing? It actually beggars belief. 

The match ball comment, I assume you either completely fail to understand how it works or it's a bit of satire. Concerning that I can't tell for sure based on some of your previous strange comments. SMISA pay X amount for equipment that means St Mirren save X amount on paying for said equipment. X amount is then available for the club to put elsewhere. (wherever it sees fit) Am I happy to have St Mirren decide where X amount goes? Of course I am, that's the club I support and it frees up funds for them. Again beggars belief you don't see the positive in freeing up funds for our club...