Good idea or bad

Saw this on BBC today http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41029101

You buy the matchday programme and if you point your phone camera at sections of it you see highlights/player interviews etc similar to pokemon go style addittions.

Would you be more likely to buy a programme if this was done? would you pay more for the programme?

What are folks thoughts?

p.s. mine are I think it is a great idea and could also be added with an advert for sponsors to generate even more (i.e. show a quick advert then the highlight)

Edited by Swiss_Saint
added my thoughts

1 minute ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Saw this on BBC today http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41029101

You buy the matchday programme and if you point your phone camera at sections of it you see highlights/player interviews etc similar to pokemon go style addittions.

Would you be more likely to buy a programme if this was done? would you pay more for the programme?

What are folks thoughts?

I think anything that uses todays technology to enhance the match day experience is worth a go.

It'd be interesting to see the "take up" right enough as many have lost the habit of buying programmes.

Personally I think they should be making programmes less rather than more. Reduce the content and price and I believe more people will buy it. Concentrate on the game being played, the Teamsheet, (Which we actually don't get at present), and maybe a wee footnote about the last game. Who needs to know about a game that happened last year or even further back? Who needs a "fans insight"? I'll be happy to waive that for a better price. Most people buy a programme as a keepsake of the game. No need to flower it up.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Perhaps the sales would not have covered. The outlay

Brain of Britain above. 

They should have taken the small hit for the sake of record, history and fans wants. 

A four page Programme at 50p or a £1 would have been sufficient. 

Spoiler
4 hours ago, shull said:

Brain of Britain above. 

They should have taken the small hit for the sake of record, history and fans wants. 

A four page Programme at 50p or a £1 would have been sufficient. 

Aw Hen, did a big boy upset you?  Why don't you get your John Bull (shit) printing press out and create your own wee programme?  Y.ou can have anything you want in it and any spare copies can be left on the back seat of your pish-stained Skoda to entertain your customers.

They might start referring to you as Travis though.

55 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:
  Hide contents

Aw Hen, did a big boy upset you?  Why don't you get your John Bull (shit) printing press out and create your own wee programme?  Y.ou can have anything you want in it and any spare copies can be left on the back seat of your pish-stained Skoda to entertain your customers.

They might start referring to you as Travis though.

Upset ?

He certainly is. :lol: