St Mirren v Raith Rovers . Challenge Cup Rd 3

shull

FFS, well Dunfermline might as well throw in the towel as they got pumped by a shit Falkirk side.
I'm sure the Dunfermline supporters are up in arms......................or mibbie no.
Calm down, not a great result. 
Unlike some I think it's poor going out of this cup to a lower league team but Raith have only lost 1 league game this season.
It was half a team, we'd lost our star man to an U21 international last night, so all is not lost.
Chill. :headbang

Losing to Falkirk is hardly comparable. A lot of that Falkirk team were part the side that finished 2nd in the championship last season. There was clearly an issue with Houston at the start of this season and he's left and now they've beaten Morton away and Dunfermline.

They'll be up there at the end of the season.

Dundee Utd are playing their U21 team today so it shows how much they rate this tournament. They believe that the Diddy Cup last season cost them promotion.

Anyway we should have won that game as they defended with everyone behind the ball in the first half and we could easily have been a couple up. However they took their goals well in the second half as we pushed players forward. Biggest problem today was penetration from the midfield. Young Ethan played the safe ball every time and did not push forward the way McGinn would but I certainly am not having a go at the young guy making his debut at such a young age. Stelios was excellent and Stewart played very well but a couple of other fringe players did not show up well at all. Best of luck to Raith but I am not going to lose sleep over being out of this Cup.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Losing to Falkirk is hardly comparable. A lot of that Falkirk team were part the side that finished 2nd in the championship last season. There was clearly an issue with Houston at the start of this season and he's left and now they've beaten Morton away and Dunfermline.

They'll be up there at the end of the season.

I think it's easily comparable.

Aye, Falkirk have won 2 games, Raith have lost one league game all season and are used to scoring goals and winning.

As for your prediction Falkirk will be "up there", that easily debatable. 

I think it's easily comparable.
Aye, Falkirk have won 2 games, Raith have lost one league game all season and are used to scoring goals and winning.
As for your prediction Falkirk will be "up there", that easily debatable. 

So you're comparing an away game to another established championship team to a home game against a league 1 team [emoji28]

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

So you're comparing an away game to another established championship team to a home game against a league 1 team emoji28.png

Aye, can't you see a team at the top of league 1 are easily comparable to a team in the bottom 3 of the championship and have one league game all season.

Away wi yer continual shite, it's way beyond dreary. :byebye

2 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

It is a diddy cup but the amount of goals we are conceding must be a huge cause for concern for the management team.

It's not about the amount, it's about the goals that are avoidable.

Like Billiam said, and it's not rocket science, Ross, like most fans, are counting the minutes till we get our full squad back and fit. 

So two teams that couldn't give a toss about this competition.

Me too, I didn't bother today.

Nothing to see here except for the usual negative posters finally sticking their heads above the parapet after a long period of sustained success on the field.

Saddos

38 minutes ago, elvis said:

Well where does. One start.

(1)Thank f**k it was a Diddy cup game and not a league. One. 

(2)We have six players to come back in next week. 

(3) That was one inept performance from a lot of guys with first team experience. 

(4) Three really. Good goals from Raith well deserved win for them. 

I told a Raith fan last week they would beat us simply because if we struggled badly against East Kilbride we were not going to beat them and I was right Big Big lmprovement needed next week. 

Where does one start?

Perhaps a class on when to use full stops and capital letters? 

Defence has been a shambles all year, can't wait for our 2 injury prone defenders to come and save the day [emoji849]

On a better note, good to see Gavin get back on the scoresheet, his confidence must've been waining having not hit the net in a while. Hopefully that'll give him a boost in the right direction.

Also mentions for Hilson and Stewart who put in a lot of effort and done a power of running. Will give Jack a headache in an attacking sense, shame the same can't be said about defenders.

Some of the drama is hilarious. We were comfortably the better side for an hour. Stewart and Hilson showed up relatively well and on another day, we'd have been 2 or 3 to the good before Raith got a dig away. 2 great saves, one off the line, one off the post, one off the bar and Reillys goal. All this despite it being mostly a fringe side. 

They scored 2 absolute belters and one that looked offside. 

Most of the first team missing, that was mostly a second string side and we looked comfortably better. Had Raith pummelled us off the park I might be concerned. But they didn't, not even close. 

The defence is one that would be a normal one for the first part of the season and was still incapable of keeping a clean sheet. 

Stelios and Stewart (outfield) were the only ones that really played anything like they should Ethan did ok but I don't think he is quite ready yet to step up the way Kyle McGennis has but give it a few months and he will be better prepared. 

Was a game for McShane to step up and lead and dictate the play and he quite clearly didn't want to or can't. 

Dissapointing sums it up. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The supporters who paid money to watch todays game, and previous games?

FFS! 

Their shout, but it has become a farcical competition and it's absence will be one less distraction from the real business.

Good riddance<_<