St Mirren v Raith Rovers . Challenge Cup Rd 3

shull

Quite a lot of Saints supporters.  have Celtic & Sevco Fans tendencies presently. 

We can never be champions of Scotland leaguewise. 

We can win any of the 3 Cup competitions. 

And anytime we have triumphed in a Cup, it has been fecking marvellous. 

Now we have a Manager and some fans totally disrespecting one of the Cups and treating our wonderful Club with contempt. 

Jack Ross made us.... 

ST MIRREN VERY UNPROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB yesterday. 

Why he spoiled the good work he had already done is mystifying. 

To have a FIT CLUB CAPTAIN on the bench for a COMPETITIVE FIRST TEAM MATCH is unforgivable. 

We had 5000 at the Final last Season. 

And most of the near 2000 fans yesterday would have been thrilled to win this Cup next March. 

1 hour ago, Westmarcher said:

Yesterday was an experiment that had to be tried out 

Yesterday was actually a competitive first team Match and should have been treated that way. 

Experimenting with young players can be done in the later stages when the Game is finished as a contest. 

We are a Professional Football Club and we had a Match and ultimately a Trophy to win. 

Edited by shull

53 minutes ago, shull said:

Quite a lot of Saints supporters.  have Celtic & Sevco Fans tendencies presently. 

We can never be champions of Scotland leaguewise. 

We can win any of the 3 Cup competitions. 

And anytime we have triumphed in a Cup, it has been fecking marvellous. 

Now we have a Manager and some fans totally disrespecting one of the Cups and treating our wonderful Club with contempt. 

Jack Ross made us.... 

ST MIRREN VERY UNPROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB yesterday. 

Why he spoiled the good work he had already done is mystifying. 

To have a FIT CLUB CAPTAIN on the bench for a COMPETITIVE FIRST TEAM MATCH is unforgivable. 

We had 5000 at the Final last Season. 

And most of the near 2000 fans yesterday would have been thrilled to win this Cup next March. 

Absolutely agree 100 % it was never acceptable years ago to lose a friendly never mind a competitive match baffles me now that a club like ours can treat a competition with such contempt. I have absolutely loved the first quarter of the season but I think we are going to struggle in next quarter utd and falkirk seem to have got there act together and our fringe players are nowhere near the standard required if we lose a few to injury we are fecked.

Absolutely agree 100 % it was never acceptable years ago to lose a friendly never mind a competitive match baffles me now that a club like ours can treat a competition with such contempt. I have absolutely loved the first quarter of the season but I think we are going to struggle in next quarter utd and falkirk seem to have got there act together and our fringe players are nowhere near the standard required if we lose a few to injury we are fecked.

Well we have lost a few already to injury and we're doing all right.

44 minutes ago, bender rodriguez said:

Many said the same thing before the season had even started, yet look where we are after the first quarter, also we've already 

had at least 4 players out for a few of the key games so the squad players must be doing something right.. 

2 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

Like the first quarter where we had a few injured made worse by suspensions , maybe im looking at the table upside down. Dont worry your positivity will return 16.45 on Saturday. 

I believe that Dundee United played without any of the players who featured in the last Championship game and won. Let's give Raithby Rovers some credit. We could have lost an earlyish goal to them but could also have been a few ahead by half time. We weren't. Well done Rait and good luck in the next round. Back to league business for the buddies. 

I thought Raith were very good. A lot better than last season! Playing with confidence, but not arrogance. We had too many players missing, didn't really get going. Don't want to be too critical of youngsters but they need to be trying a bit harder when they get an opportunity like that.... Didn't see any real desire to make an impact on the game

Edit: thought big Ross Stewart did pretty well

Edited by Doakes

58 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I thought Raith were very good. A lot better than last season! Playing with confidence, but not arrogance. We had too many players missing, didn't really get going. Don't want to be too critical of youngsters but they need to be trying a bit harder when they get an opportunity like that.... Didn't see any real desire to make an impact on the game

Edit: thought big Ross Stewart did pretty well

It always had the opportunity to be a "shock" result with Raith in the habit of scoring and winning games.

Anyway, it's over, if we win this Saturday it'll be more easily forgotten, if we don't, the mistakes made will be used to hammer the manager. 

Saints Fans absolutely thrilled to see their Team well and truly humped. 

Excuses about Colt Teams. 

Funnily enough they had already all been knocked out. 

Fecking hilarious behaviour 

:lol:

Edited by shull

Normally wouldn't have attended a match like that on Saturday, but circumstances dictated otherwise. Looked like the team either weren't interested or thought they were above this tournament. Probably best they are out of it but that's three games in a row we have been rotten. Managed to get away with the previous two but caught out badly against Rovers. Must have a completely different attitude next game against what has always been a bogey team for us. League is the most important at present.

Normally wouldn't have attended a match like that on Saturday, but circumstances dictated otherwise. Looked like the team either weren't interested or thought they were above this tournament. Probably best they are out of it but that's three games in a row we have been rotten. Managed to get away with the previous two but caught out badly against Rovers. Must have a completely different attitude next game against what has always been a bogey team for us. League is the most important at present.

I think your right to a point. certain squad player had their chance to impress. they didn't. it's ok impressing in the u20s but this is different. The players who were not playing won't be exactly shitting themselves they won't get back in the team. that's a worry imo.

I wasnt at the game and havent seen the highlights yet but i cant believe the flak JR is gettingfor playing some fringe / U20 players.  IMO , he would have ben taking the opportunity to evaluate the stage these players are in their development, as SPS points out its one thing doing it in the U20s but jack has to find out if they are ready to make the step up.

I would imagine , even at this stage he will be looking ahead to the transfer window to see whether he needs to strengthen by bringing bods in or if we have players in the  wings who can be ready to play a part in the first team.  Obviously disappointed to lose but onwards & upwards.... hopefully .

On 10/8/2017 at 2:58 PM, shull said:

Yesterday was actually a competitive first team Match and should have been treated that way. 

Experimenting with young players can be done in the later stages when the Game is finished as a contest. 

We are a Professional Football Club and we had a Match and ultimately a Trophy to win. 

Entry was half price - if that didn't hint to you that it wasn't considered an important match, how come thousands of other fans managed to twig that it would be a team of fringe players and youngsters?

Don't blame the manager or club for you being too dim to grasp the lack of importance of the game. :D

Edited by Soctty

Saints Fans absolutely thrilled to see their Team well and truly humped. 
Excuses about Colt Teams. 
Funnily enough they had already all been knocked out. 
Fecking hilarious behaviour 
:lol:

I went to the game on sat but still think the whole setup is a farce. You really think the club were taking this competition seriously? Look at the line up on sat [emoji6]

6 minutes ago, ged62 said:

I went to the game on sat but still think the whole setup is a farce. You really think the club were taking this competition seriously? Look at the line up on sat emoji6.png

No they didn't take it seriously. 

Jack Ross was a fecking disgrace the way he treated the Match. 

Poor wee Cammy Smith and Captain McGinn. 

Both full time professional players in their 20's supposedly needing a fecking rest. 

Well, the wee pets only had 7 days break from the previous match. 

Ross ripping the pish and treating our Club and Fans with contempt. 

And some true fans persist in licking his arse. 

That Cup was there to be won as was Saturdays competitive first team Match. 

The Season started in July and the Jessies are fecking exhausted by October. 

No they didn't take it seriously. 
Jack Ross was a fecking disgrace the way he treated the Match. 
Poor wee Cammy Smith and Captain McGinn. 
Both full time professional players in their 20's supposedly needing a fecking rest. 
Well, the wee pets only had 7 days break from the previous match. 
Ross ripping the pish and treating our Club and Fans with contempt. 
And some true fans persist in licking his arse. 
That Cup was there to be won as was Saturdays competitive first team Match. 
The Season started in July and the Jessies are fecking exhausted by October. 

Think you really need to take up another pastime Shull

[emoji6][emoji23]

4 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Think you really need to take up another pastime Shull

emoji6.pngemoji23.png

Because I am disappointed my Team lost a competitive first team Cup Match ? 

Saturday was unacceptable and Ross was 100% guilty. 

He gets plenty praise when deserved. 

Raith match, zero out of ten for the Manager. 

Hopefully back to winning ways v Dumbarton. 

COSMFC 

5 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Besides the rest issue, there is also the increased risk of injury in a less important game, note not unimportant but less important, to key players who we need for the league campaign. Not defending it but understand the rationale.

Less important :lol: