St Mirren v Raith Rovers . Challenge Cup Rd 3

shull

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Anyhow your posts shows no respect for the thousands that paid to attend/support today. 

Shows no respect? :lol:

I'm sure they won't give a flying f**k about what I think, so I wouldn't fret too much on their behalf.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Who the f**k cares about proper spelling. 

I do. I care about basic spelling and grammar.

It lets me know that someone I'm debating with has at least a basic, primary school level of intellect.

You should really hold yourself to a higher personal standard if you're going to persist with all this attention seeking.

Yesterday's Match, believe it or not was a Saturday.

Seven days after the players previous  Game and seven days before their next.

Cammy Smith and McGinn were " exhausted " , so started in the Dugout.

A 16 year old boy makes his debut in a National Cup while our Captain is having a snooze.

The boy actually played decent although he would have been better coming on as a Sub later in the Match if we were comfortably ahead.

JACK ROSS TOTALLY TO BLAME FOR TREATING ST MIRREN FOOTBALL CLUB WITH CONTEMPT.

Fans also ripped off yesterday, although quite a lot didnae mind their Team losing. :lol:

League is more important to some.

Wonder when we are going to rise and win the Scottish Premiership.

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Yesterday's Match, believe it or not was a Saturday.

Seven days after the players previous  Game and seven days before their next.

Cammy Smith and McGinn were " exhausted " , so started in the Dugout.

A 16 year old boy makes his debut in a National Cup while our Captain is having a snooze.

The boy actually played decent although he would have been better coming on as a Sub later in the Match if we were comfortably ahead.

JACK ROSS TOTALLY TO BLAME FOR TREATING ST MIRREN FOOTBALL CLUB WITH CONTEMPT.

Fans also ripped off yesterday, although quite a lot didnae mind their Team losing. :lol:

League is more important to some.

Wonder when we are going to rise and win the Scottish Premiership.

Get Ross tae f'ck after that shambles.

And bring back Alex Rae.

:lol:

Most fans couldn't give a shiny shite about this competition. Welcome distraction when we were struggling last season, chance to play into some form, but this season we have bigger fish to fry.

Took the chance to rest some players, give some fringe players a game and throw in a youth for his debut. The attendance showed how much people care about this...

Time to move on.

17 hours ago, TopCat said:

Losing to Falkirk is hardly comparable. A lot of that Falkirk team were part the side that finished 2nd in the championship last season. There was clearly an issue with Houston at the start of this season and he's left and now they've beaten Morton away and Dunfermline.

They'll be up there at the end of the season.

Only got as far as your post. Im not bothered about any other team i am of course about ours. The defence is symbolic and needs fixing problem is we are waiting on players returning from injury and international duty. Feel better now i wrote that so hope it helps you also. 

To use the parlance of another favourite sport yesterday felt like a top order batsman throwing away his wicket to a part time spinner. For me Saturday is THE acid test. Away at a stadium we never win at coming off a disappointing performance and result. I think Saturday will be a great indicator of where this season will be heading. Win and it's a huge improvement on previous seasons and shows we have what it takes to go to a bogey club and get the points that we know title challengers have to take. A draw wouldn't be a huge blow but defeat and I think we are looking like play off contenders rather than championship material. Need to get back to our best available selection and try to keep scoring enough to negate the obvious frailties at the back until such times as G Mac and Davis are available for selection.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Only got as far as your post. Im not bothered about any other team i am of course about ours. The defence is symbolic and needs fixing problem is we are waiting on players returning from injury and international duty. Feel better now i wrote that so hope it helps you also. 

Symbolic of what? If you mean shambolic I heartily agree. :D

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

That's good.

Only Sonny has showed more faces that the town hall clock with is hilarious thread to get SMISA involved then, surprise, attends the same tournament today.

Anyhow your posts shows no respect for the thousands that paid to attend/support today. 

You make it up as you go along. Think you have too much time on your hands. Read my comments again slowly and read from last year's and this year's comments that my objections are to the format of the tournament primarily the Colt teams where I have stated that I would not attend games against Colt teams. Raith Rovers are not a Colt team. The old format was good. The new format has severely devalued the competition and should be dropped and only professional Scottish Clubs from the Championship downwards allowed to enter which was why the competition came about in the first place.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

You make it up as you go along. Think you have too much time on your hands. Read my comments again slowly and read from last year's and this year's comments that my objections are to the format of the tournament primarily the Colt teams where I have stated that I would not attend games against Colt teams. Raith Rovers are not a Colt team. The old format was good. The new format has severely devalued the competition and should be dropped and only professional Scottish Clubs from the Championship downwards allowed to enter which was why the competition came about in the first place.

How do you come to that conclusion?

I'm afraid, IMO, you either support the team in the competition or you start a daft thread trying to, for some bizzare reason, bring SMISA into the debate.

I happen to agree about the inclusion of colt teams, bad idea. 

I don't agree the tournament is devalued and I'm sure when the final is played both sets of supporters won't agree either. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

How do you come to that conclusion?

I'm afraid, IMO, you either support the team in the competition or you start a daft thread trying to, for some bizzare reason, bring SMISA into the debate.

I happen to agree on the inclusion of colt teams. 

I don't agree the tournament is devalued and I'm sure when the final is played both sets of supporters won't agree either. 

Agree with Sonny on this colt is too nice a  word. Reserve teams aloud into a cup competition brings what to the table i would like to ask ? 

Yesterday was an experiment that had to be tried out (at least, I’m hoping that’s the case). We had to give more of our fringe players some game time and find out how ready they are for stepping up into the first team, with some playing well and others …. well ….. 

Was happy to see wee Gavin score. Raith scored good goals. Good outing for big Ross Stewart - it let us get a better idea of what he can do. Young Ethan played well and showed some nice touches (but was he instructed to take no risks and only pass the ball sideways or back?). Not too unhappy either that we are out of this diddy cup. 

Bottom line is sometimes you've got take one step backwards to find a better way forward. Hopefully, Jack has learned a few lessons today. Glad the experiment is over.  At least I hope it is because the method of play was depressingly reminiscent of the pre-Ross era - pretty passing football, slow build-up, most of the possession, not sure what to do next when we got near the opposition’s goals, then lose the game.  Stelios was one of the only players who had any clue that you have to take risks, be more incisive and take players on, so it was no surprise he was our MOTM.