Ross tokely

ReturnOf isma is god

5 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

Was talking to an Inverness fan and Ross Tokely's name came up, I'm too young to remember why I'm meant to hate him can someone tell me what exactly happened.

You are not meant to hate him.

It is just fashionable to hate him as it is to hate Willie Collum and in the past. England.

Don't let the Brainwashers get to you.

Make up your own mind.

Edited by shull

23 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

Was talking to an Inverness fan and Ross Tokely's name came up, I'm too young to remember why I'm meant to hate him can someone tell me what exactly happened.

A bad challenge on Chris Kerr who had a promising career ahead of him. If rumours are to be believed, Charlton had offer £200k for him.

tackle put him out for 18 months and effectively ended his career.

Pretty sure he allegedly hit his wife. Another reason if you are looking for one.

Guest TPAFKATS
You are not meant to hate him.
It is just fashionable to hate him as it is to hate Willie Collum and in the past. England.
Don't let the Brainwashers get to you.
Make up your own mind.

It is fashionable for some on here to hate Stuart Dickson and Bellside Bud.
And for absolutely no good reason.

Comedy figure who folks 'hate'.
Of course, it's not real hate just dislike due to his previous actions which is perfectly acceptable and reasonable behaviour.

One of the worst tackles I've ever seen - late and high.

A couple of things always puzzled me about the challenge

• It came out of the blue  it was the middle of a low key first half still 0-0 and Kerr about 10 yards inside our half not particularly threatening anything.
  • Tokely's reaction afterwards standing over Kerr presumably shouting at him to get up - was their any previous between the two players? It was the first league meeting between the two sides but ICT had put us out the two cup competitions (LC & CC) the previous two midweeks.

Tokely should've got a substantial ban for a reckless challenge and Kerr possibly missed out on a lucrative move to Charlton who were an English First Division club(Championship in today's setup) at the time.

History now - couldn't find it myself but if someone could find a link to the challenge we could check if my memory of the incident is correct.

In his subsequent visits to Paisley Tokely was always a bit more restrained than his hardman image might have you believe so maybe he did realize he'd gone over the top (literally & figuratively) that day.

Edited by Bud the Baker

22 hours ago, shull said:

It is fashionable for some on here to hate Stuart Dickson and Bellside Bud.

And for absolutely no good reason.

SD's posts were littered with profanities, offensive terms which have recently had elected politicians suspended from the party he claimed to support and lies - I didn't like the guy and wasn't disappointed when he flounced off (not for the first time).

Bellside Bud is a different kettle of fish, I may not like his politics but like The Cap'n & TC (sic) he is capable of presenting his opinions without the need to descend into profanities - a thoroughly decent poster.

Edited by Bud the Baker

• 5 years later...