Billy Davies

Davies in today's paper claiming he's never been taken for another big job because of a smear campaign, then outs himself as a total bellend. He wanted the Hearts job with the caveat that it removed 3 other people from theirs, including Austin McPhee and Jon Daly to be placed back to the U20s 'where he should be'.

Then in the next breath, says that the likes of Hearts, St. Mirren and Dundee Utd jobs are 'beneath him' and he'd never take on any role.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-davies-rangers-vicious-smear-11137750

Once again, we should thank our lucky stars that we have '2nd choice' Jack Ross and not this classless train wreck, angry wee man.

Edited by djchapsticks

I seem to remember that he was raved about as the next great Scottish manager in his early days in England but he certainly self destructed in various ways quite quickly after that.

He seems to be very arrogant with not much to back it up.

He also has a ridiculous habit of speaking rhetorically about himself in the third person - a very low quality pretension and a failed attempt to sound vaguely intellectual.

Totally agree - would have been a complete disaster in top job

We might still have Jack as boss at the moment mind you - he'd probably just be operating with a  weaker squad in League 1.

On the plus side - I remember him being a good player for us. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Davies in today's paper claiming he's never been taken for another big job because of a smear campaign, then outs himself as a total bellend. He wanted the Hearts job with the caveat that it removed 3 other people from theirs, including Austin McPhee and Jon Daly to be placed back to the U20s 'where he should be'.

Then in the next breath, says that the likes of Hearts, St. Mirren and Dundee Utd jobs are 'beneath him' and he'd never take on any role.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-davies-rangers-vicious-smear-11137750

Once again, we should thank our lucky stars that we have '2nd choice' Jack Ross and not this classless train wreck, angry wee man.

And the daily record is known for it's  accurate and balanced sports journalists

wait a minute.....

If  that interview has correctly quoted him, he comes across as a big headed , conceited little prick. He can go f**k himself.  

His attitude to the likes of ourselvesm Hearts and Utd is  ridiculous.  He certainly hasnt done his job prospects any good with that interview  

I

40 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

If  that interview has correctly quoted him, he comes across as a big headed , conceited little prick. He can go f**k himself.  

His attitude to the likes of ourselvesm Hearts and Utd is  ridiculous.  He certainly hasnt done his job prospects any good with that interview  

I

Agreed. But I have to say, any manager worth his salt would have requested what he did at Hearts. ie. No interference from above and his own men by his side.

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Agreed. But I have to say, any manager worth his salt would have requested what he did at Hearts. ie. No interference from above and his own men by his side.

Understand , but to say he would have been Hearts manager if they had moved heaven and earth for him and then say the job was benath him ?!?!

Seems an arrogant and bitter wee character, but have to admit that he was one of my favourite Saints players when I was a lad. His goal at The Govan hell-hole against the old Rangers was a beauty too. More than happy with Jack rather than Billy though. Think Jack's stock could rise beyond Davies'.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Davies was at the game today. Strolled up and through the main doors bold as brass.

Surely it's beneath him to dirty his shoes by coming to our ground?

Fud.

Our board should instruct the doorman to direct him to the nearest paying gate in future.

Ach Billy can say what he wants.

I'm not in the habit of getting all worked up over what people say and I'm not about to start doing it now.

After more than 3 years out of work it looks like Billy is lashing out just like Danny did recently. Jimmy Calderwood did the same a few years back.

In fairness to them both it must be horrendous to know you are good enough to do a job you love but unable to secure a position.

Don't agree witgh what he said but I can understand his anger and frustration.

Had just read his comments and then Im confronted by the man himself outside the stadium! Spooky! On a happier note, I was pleased to see John Robertson take time to congratulate every St Mirren player coming off the park after the game. Showed some class compared  to some managers and their assistants Ive seen over the last couple of seasons.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Davies was at the game today. Strolled up and through the main doors bold as brass.

Surely it's beneath him to dirty his shoes by coming to our ground?

Fud.

He turned up quite often at our games and likely  will get a freebie to get in. Hopefully the chairman will tell him to f off the next time he want a comp.

Certainly not short of self-belief. If Hearts are beneath him why did he go to the bother of giving them a "wonderful presentation"? Odd.

Still, I find it difficult to be critical of him after that goal of the season strike at Ibr*x all those years ago although Ian Cameron's role in the goal was more significant.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Have I missed something? What exactly were the allegations? Did it involve Tommy Sheridan, a cucumber and a Swedish au pair?

It involved a Danish bird called Trolle (who couldn't sit down afterwards).

St Mirren did well to avoid that wee scumbag.