16/09/17 HUGE weekend for ST.Mirren

Big games that weekend with the Super Saints away to Dunfermline...A TOP OF THE TABLE CLASH

Falkirk hosting Dundee UTD which is a massive game for Falkirk and their manager

QOTS v the mong which also could have a bearing in the top 4 positions

Its only week 6 but massive if your a Saints fan

My only worry is that both Dundee and Partick Thistle could be looking for new managers if they fail to win ( possibly)

A Sunday discussion 

I'm confident JR wants to see this project through to it's conclusion.

As for next weekend. It IS only week six so I'm only concerned with one result. I would obviously like to see us keep up our impressive run but Dungfermline will be smarting after this week so it'll not be easy.

I don't see us losing jack Ross this early in the season, but agree that next weekend is looking to be a cracking weekend for us as saints fans. If Dundee lose McCann will stay if thistle lose I believe they won't sack there manager either as he always turns things around for them. If by chance they do approach the club regarding JR then the club would be asking for silly money I would hope

22 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Big games that weekend with the Super Saints away to Dunfermline...A TOP OF THE TABLE CLASH

Falkirk hosting Dundee UTD which is a massive game for Falkirk and their manager

QOTS v the mong which also could have a bearing in the top 4 positions

Its only week 6 but massive if your a Saints fan

My only worry is that both Dundee and Partick Thistle could be looking for new managers if they fail to win ( possibly)

A Sunday discussion 

After 6 games? 

Nothing is certain in football but I'll take a bet neither of these teams will be looking for a new manager next week.

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If you are going to win the league and i think we will every weekend is important. Dumbarton proved yesterday they are no push overs a team we always find hard to break down. Dunfemline will be an entertaining extravaganza goal feast cant wait. 

We could start a "This is a very important weekend" thread every week.

Followed by "Must Win" threads.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Is everyone forgetting for that Jack Ross signed a new contract only a few weeks ago? Aside from Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and the Old Firm, no one in Scotland is going to get close to the compensation required for Jack. 

Hugh MacDonald was on the radio yesterday talking about interviewing Gordon Scott when we were still bottom of the league back in March.

GS apparently said "I'm not worried about staying up, we'll stay up. My big problem will be trying to hang onto Jack Ross."

He was absolutely right! The club looks to have played a blinder seeing off the Dundee approach and then getting JR and JF onto new deals.

I believe Jack is here for the long haul, if we don't go up this season then I wouldn't object to him leaving but I think he wants to do a AF, promote the club, secure the club in the top division and then move on. Then sign our good youngsters for his new club, lol. We are in strong position with Jack as he has just signed a contract extension, so it will cost clubs money to take him away.

Jack's career path is on course to mimic Alex Neil's.... shines at an unfashionable club and gets a shot at a quality Engerland club. He won't be going to Partick or Dundee. Think more along the lines of Barnsley... if the chunt currently there won't give wee Stevie Mallan a game. :)

Hugh MacDonald was on the radio yesterday talking about interviewing Gordon Scott when we were still bottom of the league back in March.
GS apparently said "I'm not worried about staying up, we'll stay up. My big problem will be trying to hang onto Jack Ross."
He was absolutely right! The club looks to have played a blinder seeing off the Dundee approach and then getting JR and JF onto new deals.

Been saying that for ages. It's only thing that put me off putting a bet on us winning the league.

I think some fans should carry toilet rolls about in their handbags..................

Calm down!!!!!

Before Xmas we will have visited Caley, United, Falkirk and Pars next week......................

Jack Ross still has to achieve, and he is highly thought of but he needs a CV that says winner, that will be hopefully saying that in May 2018, 

If we are serious title contenders , which we are, then we take it each game on its own merits .......

Starting next weekend and a positive result...

I wonder if they will let some fans take sofas with them, so they can hide behind them

Enjoy the Ride:bounce3

20 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Jack's career path is on course to mimic Alex Neil's.... shines at an unfashionable club and gets a shot at a quality Engerland club. He won't be going to Partick or Dundee. Think more along the lines of Barnsley... if the chunt currently there won't give wee Stevie Mallan a game. :)

Agree with this. The difference in earnings alone is reason to hang on for an English Championship club, if not the prospect of aiming for the Premier League and megamoney.

20 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Crystal Palace now out shopping !