St Mirren V Brechin City 30th September

Mr Zo

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

top cat is correct,Sutton should be on before Stewart,he is a horrendous player,juniors at best,my two worst players witnessed was Robert Dawson and Gary bowman,but step forward Mr Stewart you are rotten,personal opinion

You seem to be in a minority with this opinion.

Interesting post though. You know Ross is just 21 years old and you know players read these forums but you post this abuse anyway?

Is that because you believe your right to post whatever garbage leaps to your brain outranks the effect of your abuse on a young lad at our club or because you have an IQ in single figures?

BTW do you know who setup today's winner?

Edited by oaksoft

Thought Hilson showed decent potential during the time he was on , scored a goal , made a few good passes , put in a really good cross from the right , nice wee dummy when Stewart was brought down , and a clever wee foul in their half to break up play in their half .

Strange feeling being top of the league but feeling your teams not playing as well as they can .

Hopefully our injured and suspended players will comeback , give us a bit of shape and enable is to hit the form we hit at the end of last season.

You seem to be in a minority with this opinion.
Interesting post though. You know Ross is just 21 years old and you know players read these forums but you post this abuse anyway?
Is that because you believe your right to post whatever garbage leaps to your brain outranks the effect of your abuse on a young lad at our club or because you have an IQ in single figures?
BTW do you know who setup today's winner?

Great post, what value is attained by abusing our young players? Some people need to look at the big picture, we are trying to win a league here!! We fought and fought to win this game today against a very stuffy Brechin team!!

Stewart contributed more than Morgan today! Morgy was so far off the pace for whatever reason. At times looked like he was limping a bit and towards the end looked done in.

Hope if he is carrying an injury/illness that he pulls out of the U21 squad to ensure he is back to his best for the Dumbarton game.

As for the rest of the team, not the best performance, but three points are three points no matter how they are won.

I'll take it and go into the break on top of the pile. 

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

top cat is correct,Sutton should be on before Stewart,he is a horrendous player,juniors at best,my two worst players witnessed was Robert Dawson and Gary bowman,but step forward Mr Stewart you are rotten,personal opinion

Great support of a 20 year old boy settling into first team football for the first time in his career <_<

I actually think the big man has been quite useful so far. Very raw, granted, but I think he'll become a good player for us.

2 minutes ago, SBS said:

Stewart contributed more than Morgan today! Morgy was so far off the pace for whatever reason. At times looked like he was limping a bit and towards the end looked done in.

Hope if he is carrying an injury/illness that he pulls out of the U21 squad to ensure he is back to his best for the Dumbarton game.

As for the rest of the team, not the best performance, but three points are three points no matter how they are won.

Someone has always got to take it too far. :D Morgan by his standards had a poor game today but his best runs were in the second half when the Brechin players tried to kick him off the park. Also when the formation changed he covered the whole left side and worked his socks off. To say Stewart contibuted more in 38 minutes is ridiculous :D

6 minutes ago, SBS said:

I think he referred to not feeling too great before last week's game in his post match interview. Maybe it's a lingering lurgy.

He was certainly uncharacteristically quiet today.

Don't get why people are slating big Stewart he's a youngster that's just came up to full time football and now people are noticing Bairds displays they are moving onto him give him time, he did ok when he came on should have scored but brechin defenders did there task and stopped our team from pulling the trigger, now Sammy wasn't busy as much the defence did what I expected the midfield nonexistence again from my point off view and think we might need to drop Reilly for next week as he's been running about like a mad man and not doing what we signed him for and that's been the last few weeks not just from today. Smith brilliant again, hilsontook his goal and played well credit to brechin they came to give us a hard game and they did that deserved a point today.

1 minute ago, jkd said:

Don't get why people are slating big Stewart he's a youngster that's just came up to full time football and now people are noticing Bairds displays they are moving onto him give him time, he did ok when he came on should have scored but brechin defenders did there task and stopped our team from pulling the trigger, now Sammy wasn't busy as much the defence did what I expected the midfield nonexistence again from my point off view and think we might need to drop Reilly for next week as he's been running about like a mad man and not doing what we signed him for and that's been the last few weeks not just from today.

Now that's one loooooooooooong sentence.

Important 3 points and ultimately that's all that matters. 

In my opinion Sutton is a far better option than Stewart and should play ahead of him.   Stewart looks very raw and I'm yet to be convinced he can make it at this level yet - the management did say he was a bit of a project so time will tell. 

I thought Kirkpatrick did okay, showed some nice touches at times, probably needs a goal or a full 90 minutes to give him the belief that he can play at this level.

Samson, L Smith, McGinn and C Smith all get pass marks for me.

I`ve skipped over the vast majority of posts here so apologies if i repeat what others may have said .  We won!!  Like last week , we did not play well.... but we won.

This team have the ability to grind out results when we dont play well, an attribute that last years squad did not have.  We did not defend well , we lost out in midfield too often and our forwards at times were wasteful...... BUT WE WON !!

I said this last week and i will say it again, the club & the team at the moment  have a spirit about them  which will see them bounce back from adversity, overcome negativity and fight tooth & nail to overcome the opposition. 

We are in a good place, the majority of the fans know it and will get behind the team, the players know it and will fight to the end for each other and with every hard fought result like today and last week , you can bet your bottom dollar that the other teams in the league will know it too and realise St.mirren are a team to be reckoned with .

C O Y S !!

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

We won't be winning the league with guys like Kirkpatrick and Stewart I'm afraid, not good enough.

Our defence still looks poor, sooner Davis is back the better.

Priority must be another Striker in January.

We have half our team out at the minute: in defence we have Davis, Buchanan, and Eckersley out, Magennis and Todd injured from the midfield as well, and we are barely using Sutton, Stewart or Duffy up front at the moment before signing  a 6th striker in January.