Travelling to Dunfermline-a warning

beyond our ken

the new queensferry crossing is only partly operational.  With the old bridge closed for a month there is still a temporary road layout on the north side.  Tailbacks of 5 miles have not been uncommon and that wont change until the old bridge re-opens and the permanent road layout is in force.

Best to cross at Kincardine or better still get a bus from Glasgow Airport that stops right outside East End park (X24,26 or 27).

10 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

the new queensferry crossing is only partly operational.  With the old bridge closed for a month there is still a temporary road layout on the north side.  Tailbacks of 5 miles have not been uncommon and that wont change until the old bridge re-opens and the permanent road layout is in force.

Best to cross at Kincardine or better still get a bus from Glasgow Airport that stops right outside East End park (X24,26 or 27).

Cheers.

Good advice. The bus from the airport sounds a decent shout. Any idea if there are many stops en route?

11 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Won't the bus get stuck in the same traffic jam?

9 hours ago, Drew said:

Cheers.

Good advice. The bus from the airport sounds a decent shout. Any idea if there are many stops en route?

Buchanan St, cumbernauld, possibly forth Valley hospital and kincardine. You can get off at dunfermline bus station where there're several decent pubs and a 10 minute walk to the ground or you can stay on to the next stop at the ground 

Edited by beyond our ken

Cheers for info about the bridge, but since I am heading to a miner club in Fauldhouse after the game I will be going over the bridge. My wife and I have had an invite to a book launch by Neil Findley MSP who had been helping my wife at parliament on a health matter for the last 3 years. Hopefully I will be in a good mood when we get there and if not, low prices at the bar should cheer me up :cheers

4 hours ago, renfrew said:

Cheers for info about the bridge, but since I am heading to a miner club in Fauldhouse after the game I will be going over the bridge. My wife and I have had an invite to a book launch by Neil Findley MSP who had been helping my wife at parliament on a health matter for the last 3 years. Hopefully I will be in a good mood when we get there and if not, low prices at the bar should cheer me up :cheers

It's actually OK heading south, especially on saturday evening

1 hour ago, Warwick Hunt said:

So you could just drive your car over the Kincardine then?

in the original post, i said travel via kincardine or get the bus.  There are two bridges at Kincardine

train is also an option, or you can drive to stirling, perth, or freakin anywhere before heading to dunfermline.

You should go via Warwic, there's a good kHunt

in the original post, i said travel via kincardine or get the bus.  There are two bridges at Kincardine

train is also an option, or you can drive to stirling, perth, or freakin anywhere before heading to dunfermline.
You should go via Warwic, there's a good kHunt

So you can just drive after all then?

Oh no, you used my alias to abuse me. You must have spent ages thinking that up.

How clever.... ????