St Mirren's stance on SFA EBT

I am pro St Mirren. I am not anti Rangers or pro Celtic.  The Legal Idiot who said that the Ibrox Club gained No Sporting Advantage from the EBT debacle should be subject to an enquiry all of his own to see if he is/was sane. This is the equivalent of saying that PSG will gain no advantage by having the world's most expensive player in their side. I must admit to being a little fed up with this stuff. We all know that Sporting Advantage was gained and trophies won but let them keep them. ..they are however devalued. 

Whatever it is, it isn't  good enough.

Precisely.
Every club bar one now seems to be de faulting to a position of let's not rock the boat anymore as a result of the SFAs lack of commitment to pursue.
It's only Ra Sellics obsession with Newcp/Oldco/deadco that's keeping this rolling.
There's an agenda to get trophies out of cabinets at Govan, and rightly so imo. By doing nothing the authorities simply countenance the actions of cheats, simple.
Regan and the SFA have not got the balls for a fight, similarly Doncaster had no ambition to bite the hand that feeds and this is the problem. It's technically too difficult.
A two horse town, Scottish football has no credibility.

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I am pro St Mirren. I am not anti Rangers or pro Celtic.  The Legal Idiot who said that the Ibrox Club gained No Sporting Advantage from the EBT debacle should be subject to an enquiry all of his own to see if he is/was sane. This is the equivalent of saying that PSG will gain no advantage by having the world's most expensive player in their side. I must admit to being a little fed up with this stuff. We all know that Sporting Advantage was gained and trophies won but let them keep them. ..they are however devalued. 

Was it not a legal loop hole ? Clubs down south used it also so i expect more court cases. Could a legal loop hole not be contested. The tax man knows of it then moves the goal posts. 

32 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was it not a legal loop hole ? Clubs down south used it also so i expect more court cases. Could a legal loop hole not be contested. The tax man knows of it then moves the goal posts. 

It was contested. They lost the appeal, and the next appeal, and now there's nowhere else to appeal to. They're now liquidated(or still in the process of being)

5 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

It was contested. They lost the appeal, and the next appeal, and now there's nowhere else to appeal to. They're now liquidated(or still in the process of being)

So, what, in reality, is going to happen?

PS What has this to do with St Mirrens stance...................looks like ANOTHER useless Rangers thread.

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, what, in reality, is going to happen?

Absolutely nothing most likely. Because as above the people in charge are shitebags and complicit. I'm not overly fussed, either way. I'll still sleep tonight. But to say nothing is going to happen because it was a "loophole" is nonsense. Nothing is going to happen because the people that run the game don't want anybody looking at them for their part in it.

Eta ps it's a reply to a post which was also nothing to do with st mirrens stance. Nobody on here knows st mirrens stance do they?

Edited by slapsalmon

The SFA  are protecting their own arses and,as shull says above,the Clubs are shiting it.

Hopefully the Crowd Funding action works.The Clubs may be scared to rock the boat but the Fans aren't.

In an ideal World this would go all the way to UEFA who would have to act.

Scottish football is finished if no action is taken.

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

The SFA  are protecting their own arses and,as shull says above,the Clubs are shiting it.

Hopefully the Crowd Funding action works.The Clubs may be scared to rock the boat but the Fans aren't.

Really?

In what way, exactly?

Why isn't it finished now?

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Yes, The SFA knew what was going and was complicit in the whole thing. They then organised a whitewash. They have a lot to hide.  It IS bad for the game that this happened and it;s only going to get worse once this all blows up. At the moment Celtic are "exploring every avenue," but ultimately this was got to the Court of Arbitration. 

It will take a long time, possible even another five years. 

The SFA have been appalling in this whole sorry mess. If it had been any other Club the actions would have been very different. They did everything they could to sweep it under the carpet and get them back into the top flight asap with as little recompense as they could.

Lawell is right in that there should be a review of the SFA's role in all of this however no-one else will stick their head above the parapet due to intimidation from the moronic supporters of the deid club and I can hardly blame them.

As an aside I was listening to Radio Scotland last night and Kris Boyd was going apoplectic of suggestions of Rangers being stripped of honours for cheating and did not grasp the wider need of a review into the whole affair and not just the retention of illegally gained trophies. That sums up their thinking - cheating did not happen and administration did not happen. It was all just a bad dream.

To be honest, I am enjoying the fitba more than I have for many a year, so don't feel too fussed about this just now.

Reviews are often frustrating, unsatisfying exercises in any event. Even if they do come up with recommendations, these are seldom implemented.

I'm all for seeking improvements in how the game is administered, though, and reckon a good start would be to get shot of Regan and Doncaster in the first instance. By all means have a review after that.

Edited by Drew

The reason I asked the question was to see if there the new BOD had a different stance than the old BOD.

Are we keeping quiet and letting the other club challenge or are we going to say what nearly all the poster's on here think the SFA are corrupt. If this happened to us would we still be in Scottish professional football?

My personal view is no and the SFA bent the rules to make sure they survived.

Who gives a flying f*ck. Scottish football has been corrupt for years its all about the OF, if it was the other way round Rangers would be doing the same. IMO no other club cares or they are just keeping quiet about it. Who's going to gain if Rangers are stripped of any trophies, more & likely Celtic that's what I think it's all about. It's never going to be a fair playing field with money controlling the game.
I'm with Drew I'm enjoying the football at my wee club just now long may it continue.

7 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Who's going to gain if Rangers are stripped of any trophies, 

No Club should benefit from stripped honours.Strip the honours but don't award them to the runners up.Just put a wee asterisk next to rangers name with a note underneath explaining the honours were stripped for cheating. 

Simples.

Scottish football does need to be looked at. Unsure what guys like Regan and Doncaster are being paid for these days - I think our model proves that fan ownership is the future. A fan owned league structure would be interesting! Anything that gets away from the self serving corruption would be a positive step. Can't see it happening tbf.

No need for an anti Rangers witch hunt, the EBT issue has been put to bed already. There's still an argument to be made for an overall review, don't believe 2 governing bodies are needed for the size of our country.