St Mirren's stance on SFA EBT

12 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Not to mention the venom he is directing at those down Greenhill Road. Spookily familiar.

The bit I'm most looking forward to is where he point blank refuses to admit he is a certain person only to admit a few weeks later that's exactly who he is and criticise everyone for not seeing how blatantly obvious it was.

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Sounds just like SD. What I have never been able to understand is how and why he finds so much time to post on a forum about a club that he hates so much and of which he is not a supporter . And I don't mean the dead club! :unsure:

He's got the time because he mysteriously disappeared from the official forum just as "Bellside Bud" appeared on here.

Had a wee read through the recent comments.

I'm not too fussed about how Airdrie did it to be honest. They requested the rights to use the old clubs name what's wrong with that? I think it's pretty clear they aren't the same club and the history of that club is pretty much Clydebank.

A name change or being allowed to use a name to me isn't a big deal. Same with the new Rangers club.

Look at Livi, changed their name a few times but still with an unbroken history (as far as I'm aware) no one bats an eyelid. I'm all for an independent enquiry as well but the question of new club old club has already been answered and and answered very easily. Rangers are a new club and Airdrie are a continuation of Clydebank after buying them Out .

32 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'm not too fussed about how Airdrie did it to be honest. They requested the rights to use the old clubs name what's wrong with that? I think it's pretty clear they aren't the same club and the history of that club is pretty much Clydebank.

A name change or being allowed to use a name to me isn't a big deal. Same with the new Rangers club.

Look at Livi, changed their name a few times but still with an unbroken history (as far as I'm aware) no one bats an eyelid. I'm all for an independent enquiry as well but the question of new club old club has already been answered and and answered very easily. Rangers are a new club and Airdrie are a continuation of Clydebank after buying them Out .

I suspect though that Sevco fans will, as they acquired Oldco's assets from the liquidator, consider themselves as a continuation.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Mate you cant compare Livi here, for a start they were Meodowbank when they played there and Livi when they play in Livingston, but its hardly the same is it...... The is no precedence for what The Rangers are, apart from delusional.................

Basically, they did what they wanted, blamed it all on one patsy and criminals just walked free, added to the fact is now consigned to a black hole, because they can come back, play in the same strip in the ground and training facility they blagged for £5m, and now claim all their honours from a team who died and very embarrassing death 5 years ago....

Its merely too political and Scottish football is to weak and small here........ Doesn't matter what stances are, the facts are there, just the SFA, and obviously Sevco choose to ignore them................... And we live with the consequences

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You haven't bothered to read the Airdrieonians Official Website have you? 

Airdrieonians FC, long known to their fans and others as The Diamonds, has a unique place in Scottish football history.

Formed in 1878, a decade earlier than Glasgow Celtic, Airdrieonians made their reputation locally in 1885 by winning a charity football tournament run by the local cricket club. The following year Airdrieonians furthered that reputation nationally by inflicting a 10-2 defeat upon Glasgow Rangers, that club's worst known loss on its own ground.

The 1920s brought an era of resounding success, the culmination of which was victory over Hibernian in the Scottish FA Cup in 1924. From 1922 to 1926, only Rangers and Celtic prevented Airdrieonians from winning the Scottish League.

Thanks to the daring cup runs that were the club's trademark, once in a lifetime occasions became commonplace for Diamond fans. In addition to their 1924 win, Airdrieonians appeared in no fewer than three other Scottish FA Cup Finals, and innumerable other semi-finals both in that tournament and in the Scottish League Cup. Airdrieonians won the Spring Cup in 1976, captained by the legendary Derek Whiteford, and the Bells Challenge Cup in both 2000 and 2001.

The history of the Diamonds is littered with glittering achievements and football landmarks, beginning with the awarding of the game's first-ever penalty kick in 1891, and a 33-year unbroken run in Scotland's top division after winning what was then called the Second League in 1902-03.

Hughie Gallacher, one of the all-time great centre-forwards, sprang to national and international prominence as an Airdrie player. Manchester United poached their manager in October 1921. Stanley Matthews played in the famous shirt in the 1940 War Cup semi-final replay. The first-ever international penalty shoot-out in football took place at Broomfield, as Airdrie dumped English top division leaders Nottingham Forest out of the inaugural British (Texaco) Cup in 1970.

In the same competition a season later, three other English First Division clubs, Manchester City, Huddersfield Town and Derby County, experienced first hand how hard a Diamond can be. Managed by Brian Clough at the height of his powers, Derby scraped through to victory in the final on the narrowest of margins after a 0-0 first-leg draw at Broomfield. Derby became champions of the English Football League a matter of days later, demonstrating just how excellent that Airdrie team was.

All this, and more, from a club where the players could train only for a couple of hours three times a week, at the end of the working day in their real jobs, as teachers, car salesmen, electricians, builders' labourers and dustbinmen.

Having been driven into full liquidation in May 2002, Airdrieonians FC became even more famous for being the first Scottish senior club to go out of business since Third Lanark in 1967. The spirit lived on, though, as the town welcomed Airdrie United into being, and saw it win the Bells Challenge Cup in 2008. Thanks to the efforts of owner and chairman Jim Ballantyne, the name Airdrieonians was restored in time for the start of the 2013-14 season. We're at last back to two lions - and a cockerel - on the shirt.

9 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

It's funny that nowhere in the quote does the club claim to be the original Airdrieonians or claim their history.  They do give the history of the original Airdrieonians and, in fact, state that the club were liquidated and Airdrie Utd came into existence, who then later managed to change their name to Airdrieonians.  The history of the club now known as Airdrieonians is, as stated by bazil85, the history of Clydebank F.C., it's just that Airdieonians don't mention that - not in that quote anyway.

If I said that I drove along the M8 and went to Manchester then it would be obvious that I just haven't supplied the full history of the journey, not that I'm lying and that the journey never took place.

EDIT: You could be forgiven for thinking that the poster of the quote can't understand basic English.

Sevco bought all of the assets of Rangers and then applied for league membership. When they were granted Associate Membership and elected to the fourth tier they than changed their name from Sevco to "Rangers". Is that any different from the Airdrionian story? 

The two are completely comparable with the only difference being that the members of the Scottish League voted to reject the election application from Airdrie United FC to replace the liquidated Airdrionians in favour of Gretna which then forced Jim Ballantyne to seek another route into the senior leagues which he got when he bought Clydebank from their administrators, whilst the Scottish League sought to protect other senior clubs that were up for sale at that time by agreeing to elect Sevco to the fourth tier.