St Mirren's stance on SFA EBT

No Club should benefit from stripped honours.Strip the honours but don't award them to the runners up.Just put a wee asterisk next to rangers name with a note underneath explaining the honours were stripped for cheating. 

Simples.

Again I'll say don't really give a shit. I'm more interested in what our own club is doing [emoji6]

I have always been under the impression that the old firm always had a sporting advantage over the others. They steal fans from other clubs, consequently have bigger gates and more income, then historically buy the best players from their rivals. I cant see what has changed in recent years other than the fact one of them outspent the other (its reversed at present) Teams have always been able to get extra effort from players by paying win bonuses, even by underhand methods.

I have no truck with either of those teams but cannot deny a slight schadenfreude over the fury that Celtic fans possess in their attitude to their rivals. They cannot live without each other, despite what they say. To counter balance things though, I would like there to be a J  Review which may heap even more misery on Rangers if the findings go against them. Am I being a cruel frog, or what, lol ?

16 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Again I'll say don't really give a shit. I'm more interested in what our own club is doing emoji6.png

If it was our Club who had done what rangers done then we wouldnt have a "our Club".We'd be dead and buried,there would have been no fast track into Div2 for us.A Spartans or similar would have our place in the league.

Should punishment not be the same for all Clubs?

If it was our Club who had done what rangers done then we wouldnt have a "our Club".We'd be dead and buried,there would have been no fast track into Div2 for us.A Spartans or similar would have our place in the league.

lol I do agree with you with that. I'm afraid we have to live the corruption of the SFA & old firm. That's why I don't give a feck coz nothing's going to change mate.

Talking of Scottish fitba reviews, I wonder how many of Henry McLeish's recommendations were taken forward.

Reviews only have value if the authorities confer it upon them. The SPFL and SFA don't have a great deal invested in changing things if it isn't on their terms.

I am also totally fed up with this clusterfeck, the SPL , the SFA  and the Bigot Brothers, playing out the biggest joke on all of us....

Rangers lived way beyond there means, with their corrupt management , they went bust and then a newco was formed. These are all facts......

Yes they should be stripped, it happens in other sports, I guess the issue is /was  the precedent  here and where does it end?

Should every game be overturned or just the honours, and who gets the honours. That would impact Cups and Leagues , promotion, relegation everything

Celtic also make me laugh in this, the fact they can even talk about buying a £30 m player, take talent and then put in on side lines, and then pursue this so it makes THEM look better, it has nothing to do with integrity just competition between 2 Sharks in a goldfish bowl....

The SPL with their 11-1 vote never helped, its always been about the OF......

They are both despicable in their own ways.................... sooner we get shot of them will be for the good of our game- How long we been saying that?

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Rangers deserve everything thats happend and will happen but where is the level playing field. Motherwell , Dundee , Hearts none of them had to go down to the basement. Dundee United are 1.5 million in debt why are clubs allowed to get into so much debt. SFA need to clean up the whole game. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Rangers deserve everything thats happend and will happen but where is the level playing field. Motherwell , Dundee , Hearts none of them had to go down to the basement. Dundee United are 1.5 million in debt why are clubs allowed to get into so much debt. SFA need to clean up the whole game. 

Nobody was sent to the bottom League from the top League in 2012. 

Motherwell, Hearts and Dundee never died. 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Good point Shull. 

Its exactly the point isn't it......

Its more like Clydebank , Third Lanark ................ they both died

The Rangers formed 2012, its a joke they can parade as they do, they shareholders including 1872 club.................

All the small creditors, staff who lost out , all the millions of tax free pay, Murray himself taking £6M................. all forgotten.....

The pundits say we need Rangers- do we feck?? 

I actually hope our stance is feck em- Whats the point?? We will just concentrate in getting back to top league and beating the Biggot Brothers

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Its exactly the point isn't it......

Its more like Clydebank , Third Lanark ................ they both died

The Rangers formed 2012, its a joke they can parade as they do, they shareholders including 1872 club.................

All the small creditors, staff who lost out , all the millions of tax free pay, Murray himself taking £6M................. all forgotten.....

The pundits say we need Rangers- do we feck?? 

I actually hope our stance is feck em- Whats the point?? We will just concentrate in getting back to top league and beating the Biggot Brothers

I really dont give a shit anymore it just seems to drag on. Celtic have already brought in an extra 1 million to the top league from their qualification. Lets concentrate on St Mirren getting back into the top flight is the most important thing. 

4 hours ago, notabuddie said:

The reason I asked the question was to see if there the new BOD had a different stance than the old BOD.

Are we keeping quiet and letting the other club challenge or are we going to say what nearly all the poster's on here think the SFA are corrupt. If this happened to us would we still be in Scottish professional football?

My personal view is no and the SFA bent the rules to make sure they survived.

3 hours ago, ged62 said:

Who gives a flying f*ck. Scottish football has been corrupt for years its all about the OF, if it was the other way round Rangers would be doing the same. IMO no other club cares or they are just keeping quiet about it. Who's going to gain if Rangers are stripped of any trophies, more & likely Celtic that's what I think it's all about. It's never going to be a fair playing field with money controlling the game.
I'm with Drew I'm enjoying the football at my wee club just now long may it continue.

I believe it was not one club who asked for a Review by the SFA, but The SPFL (all clubs or maybe just the Board?)

With the SFA refusing to do so (self-preservation on sooooooo many levels). I believe this brings the SFA into disrepute and something needs to happen.  Surely they should be reported to UEFA, FIFA or some other (also corrupt) body?

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

The SPL with their 11-1 vote never helped, its always been about the OF......

And it is to the eternal shame of the other clubs (in fact was it not Aberdeen in particular) that this ridiculous voting system wasn't overturned while Rangers were out of the picture. They are now back and we're stuck with it forever.

If find this more baffling than anything else that has happened.

I believe it was not one club who asked for a Review by the SFA, but The SPFL (all clubs or maybe just the Board?)
With the SFA refusing to do so (self-preservation on sooooooo many levels). I believe this brings the SFA into disrepute and something needs to happen.  Surely they should be reported to UEFA, FIFA or some other (also corrupt) body?

As I already said SFA are & have always been corrupt. I'm happy just to plod on with my wee team with the highs & lows of being a St.Mirren supporter.

Guest TPAFKATS

According to Lawell it was all clubs. 3 top flight chairs, the biggest 3 outside the OF, have since said they didn't want a review.
So something is amiss.

I want to see 1 football body and I'd like a review of the SFA. I don't need another review of rangers/the rangers/sevco as there already was one under Lord nimmo Smith.

I'd love some closure to this but there never Willie as the two biggest clubs in Scotland have opposing agendas and their fans will never let it go.

I'm also not interested in getting awarded a cup that we lost back in 2010.

Surely the stance is, newco cannot possibly claim titles from before they existed; that history died with oldco. If the SFA (or whoever) turned around and said, your right oldco done you out of the league cup and the prize money, who are you going to get the prize money from, take your place at the back of oldco's liquidation queue. If they start claiming they are still one and the same entity, then their must be an argument for the tax man (and everybody else) to visit newco.

Guest TPAFKATS
Surely the stance is, newco cannot possibly claim titles from before they existed; that history died with oldco. If the SFA (or whoever) turned around and said, your right oldco done you out of the league cup and the prize money, who are you going to get the prize money from, take your place at the back of oldco's liquidation queue. If they start claiming they are still one and the same entity, then their must be an argument for the tax man (and everybody else) to visit newco.

But who could really claim the 2010 league cup or any other trophy from that era?
Although we lost the final, any other team who lost in earlier rounds could claim that they may also have won the trophy.
Same goes for the league - you'd need to void all their results. Although teams could then claim injuries and suspensions from games against Rangers left them at further disadvantage in subsequent matches.

Only club that gains from title stripping is unsurprisingly sellik.

The issue is wider than the EBT business. A review should take place to examine who done what and was it within the rules. At at the end of the review answer two questions - what can be done to stop it happening again and what, if any, sanctions should occur and to whom.

Personally I think the deid team should be simply stripped of titles illegally won and that's it as far as the titles go. 

Guest TPAFKATS
The issue is wider than the EBT business. A review should take place to examine who done what and was it within the rules. At at the end of the review answer two questions - what can be done to stop it happening again and what, if any, sanctions should occur and to whom.
Personally I think the deid team should be simply stripped of titles illegally won and that's it as far as the titles go. 

Dont disagree with most of this Sonny however didn't nimmo Smith conclude that there was no sporting advantage gained from ebt use at ibrox?

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

Dont disagree with most of this Sonny however didn't nimmo Smith conclude that there was no sporting advantage gained from ebt use at ibrox?

Yes TPAFKATS however at that time the EBTs were regarded as legal as Rangers had won the tax case first time round. On appeal the HMRC finally won the case thereby having Rangers commit tax fraud and secondly these payments were not registered with the SFA thereby not disclosing full contract details which they are required to do for registered players. HMRC's final victory should be good grounds for invalidating Nimmo's decision.

Guest TPAFKATS
He did, but then again it would be a hard thing to prove.

If they couldn't afford to sign the players that they did then they would have signed "lesser" players who may or may not have turned out to be better than the "better" players they couldn't afford.  They may also have signed "lesser" players that other teams ended up signing, thereby potentially weakening their opposition.  Of course, the "lesser lesser" players that the other teams would have then signed instead may also have turned out to be better than the "lesser" players.  And on and on and ...

What can be said with a fair degree of certainty is that they expected that they were getting a sporting advantage and that should be enough - financial cheating to try to gain a sporting advantage.

Again that's not what the legal review found. I'm not saying I agree with nimmo Smith, but that was his finding.

BTW, the last paragraph is whataboutery.