Gary McKenzie

People can be very dismissive on here. I'd like to see him back as well but Baird and Buckie are doing really well.

Jack Ross talks about trust and how important it is that he trusts his players but also they trust him. My bet is that his trust for Baird and Buckie is growing week by week. I believe he reverted to 4 at the back at the weekend making me think he believes he can play them in his preferred formation.

Not so sure , they were awful late on v Raith and if McCart was available he would have been playing imo .

Not so sure , they were awful late on v Raith and if McCart was available he would have been playing imo .

Where is McCart is he injured? I'd assumed he was not being picked.

I don't remember either of them being bad against Raith. 2 of their goals were long range pings and the 3rd Eckersley gave them the ball.

Where is McCart is he injured? I'd assumed he was not being picked.

I don't remember either of them being bad against Raith. 2 of their goals were long range pings and the 3rd Eckersley gave them the ball.

OK rewatched the highlights and I was wrong.

Buchie definitely could have done better at 1st and 2nd.

14 hours ago, st jock said:

I said over a month ago that he may not be back at all and was told I was hearing voices in my head. I hope he does come back but each passing week makes it more unlikely!!

To make such an assesment you must know what is wrong  with Gary so what's the problem to why you think we will never see Gary in a St Mirren shirt again ?

I doubt we'll see him back at all. Baird and or Bucho are both reliable partners for Davis when he comes back.

Going by our league position they are both reliable without either.

I personally think McKenzie is a better centre back than either of them when fit. If he does get back to full fitness I'm confident we'd see him back. I'm excited about McCart as well though. Even if McKenzie doesn't come back I would like to see him and Davis as our CB pairing. Baird has still had a good number of shaky moments this season and Buchanan has been very hot and cold.

2 hours ago, st jock said:

It you had quoted my whole post it would have said I would still hope to see him back. Not gloating, just feel it's been a while now.

Do you know whats wrong with him. Keep reading here he wont be back without any substance. What have you got to go on he will not be back. 

35 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Might stop all the rumour mongers and the (obviously not) in the knows idle speculation for a while. Shameful stuff. The sooner GMac is fit and back in the team the better no matter how long that takes.

Playing the Devil's advocate here, but it isn't possible to have psychological problems and a physical injury at the same time?

Anyway, bad news about the injury. Hopefully it clears up as soon as possible.

Edited by FTOF

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Playing the Devil's advocate here, but it isn't possible to have psychological problems and a physical injury at the same time?

Yeah , I think in the past , players have been rushed back to the game too soon and it has further damaged their health . Hope to see Gary back when he is fit and ready. .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Yeah , I think in the past , players have been rushed back to the game too soon and it has further damaged their health . Hope to see Gary back when he is fit and ready. .

Josh Todd is in the PDE today saying, "My head hasn't been in the greatest place since the (2nd) injury".

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Of course it could be but again that would just be pure ill informed speculation. We have been told through official sources it's an achillles injury so why doubt that. Why speculate someone may have mental problems when we have been given an official, plausible explanation ?

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Of course it could be but again that would just be pure ill informed speculation. We have been told through official sources it's an achillles injury so why doubt that. Why speculate someone may have mental problems when we have been given an official, plausible explanation ?

This is a football forum.

Speculation, which often has truth behind it, is what fuels it.

If you don't like it then.............................

I happens on every forum.

Pop over to P&B and see the latest speculation about Loy and Sibbald and their non--appearance in the Falkirk team.

Also, are you naïve enough to think that the club would officially announce that a player had mental health issues?:blink:

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Pop over to P&B and see the latest speculation about Loy and Sibbald and their non--appearance in the Falkirk team.

Also, are you naïve enough to think that the club would officially announce that a player had mental health issues?:blink:

By the same token, the club are unlikely to lie about an injury that a player didn't have. Being vague about the reasons for him to not be featured would be far more likely.

And still the people who are completely UN-INFORMED continue to fan the flames of scurrilous, unfounded rubbish suggesting big G Mc has mental health issues. Take a look at yourself in the mirror people and for f**ks sake THINK..!

you can make your own mind up you know, you dont have to be a sheep following the flock.

Manager says achilles tendon injection, following up completely on his previous update saying he got an ankle injury in training... thats it!

Edited by Lord Pityme

12 hours ago, FTOF said:

Call me naive if you like but I still think the official club statement of his injury is plausible enough not to doubt there maybe more to it. I'd just like to know what information anyone has to back up this rumour. There is speculation and there is speculation - mental health just isn't something I think people should be speculating about especially when we have an official statement stating exactly where Gary is injury wise. Bottom line is we will be a better team when he is back fully fit and playing.

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Whatever is keeping Gary out of the team, he has been missed - despite our lofty position. Fingers crossed he is back soon - before Christmas would be a massive boost, especially if Harry is back in the next couple of weeks as well.

Gary was immense last year  But here is the thing , we have  a 86% Win Rate without him and a 68% win rate since Harry last played. Both great players but my god including Mallon shows just how well JR and the team have done so far ................

Our shots to goal ratio is superb..... And we have goals all over the team. To think under Rae it was basically one option and remember TC built the team round Thommo. I doubt very much Jack would ever build a team round one player, more like 11

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Gary was immense last year  But here is the thing , we have  a 86% Win Rate without him and a 68% win rate since Harry last played. Both great players but my god including Mallon shows just how well JR and the team have done so far ................

Our shots to goal ratio is superb..... And we have goals all over the team. To think under Rae it was basically one option and remember TC built the team round Thommo. I doubt very much Jack would ever build a team round one player, more like 11

Not a lot of argument if the stats are correct but it's well documented we've rode our luck at the back on more than a few occasions and it certainly would help if we had a full squad to choose from, which would, IMO, make us an even better team. 

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not a lot of argument if the stats are correct but it's well documented we've rode our luck at the back on more than a few occasions and it certainly would help if we had a full squad to choose from, which would, IMO, make us an even better team. 

Do you know how long it took me to work that out ....... I only have ten fingers mate!!

No doubt someone will tell me its 66.4563% for Harry:o