Gary McKenzie

12 minutes ago, antrin said:

Of course, it was ALL f**kin untrue!  Public domain - utter bollox.

The 'chinese' clubs, that were reported interested, already had their fixed number of foreign players.  None had ever countenanced paying the daft ¥ cited for any player previously and it was at the very end of their signing window, which meant the possibility of Morelos going to china was past almost as soon as the rumours surfaced in the papers er… in the "public domain"..

In amazing coincidence, the rumours emerged at the same time Sevco needed more funds.  Season Tickets, Anyone?

You have a point. 

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am not claiming either way that we ought to believe SKY or not. 

Let's see if Mac plays, goes on the bench or is missing altogether - it may be a play to not show our hand to Hearts, but who knows..

Nobody ever commented on those possibilities.

I was stated that he was back in the squad by Div and then backed up by Goodwin in his interview.

You then assumed a contrary stance by stating that SKY were claiming otherwise.

Hence my post.😊

Guest TPAFKATS
Of course these bids are not in the public domain, however, the press certainly reported various things which may or may not have been true.
BUT why would they offer him several improved contracts in such a short period of time? 
To improve his value when they do sell him. The China offer was for a minority holding in the club as well as morelos. If they had offered over 10 million for him back then he would have been off.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
Of course these bids are not in the public domain, however, the press certainly reported various things which may or may not have been true.
BUT why would they offer him several improved contracts in such a short period of time? 

To improve his value when they do sell him. The China offer was for a minority holding in the club as well as morelos. If they had offered over 10 million for him back then he would have been off.

So would the hand (that made any offer) have been...

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Nobody ever commented on those possibilities.

I was stated that he was back in the squad by Div and then backed up by Goodwin in his interview.

You then assumed a contrary stance by stating that SKY were claiming otherwise.

Hence my post.😊

I know that you said he was back in the squad, as JG had said - all I was saying is that Sky were reporting otherwise.

It turns our 5 minutes ago they are still saying the same and he is in fact on the bench for us?

I was not querying who was correct or whether JG was playing mind games - just that their appeared to be some uncertainty... now we know SKY were wrong!

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I know that you said he was back in the squad, as JG had said - all I was saying is that Sky were reporting otherwise.

It turns our 5 minutes ago they are still saying the same and he is in fact on the bench for us?

I was not querying who was correct or whether JG was playing mind games - just that their appeared to be some uncertainty... now we know SKY were wrong!

Whether there were bids or not - the top goal scorer in Scotland with 30 goals last season is worth many millions - he will likely top that total this season and be off down south for 15 - 30 million over the summer - only my opinion - you are welcome to have yours... :bounce2

Eduard managed 15 goals last season and they paid something over £8 Million for him. He's probably worth a bit more now too...

On 9/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Is it not because he can score loads of goals and that these types are very rare and high value assets?

Because any other reason is surely secondary - right? :turtle

Maybes except they are desperate to stop the other mob getting however many on a row . . . and they need him as he is there best asset for that goal scoring to topple them . . 

Isn't that why they signed him in the first place?

10 hours ago, insaintee said:

Isn't that why they signed him in the first place?

Not sure what point you are trying to make - all teams sign players to improve their team and to try to be the best team they can be...

They signed loads of players . . . but he, Defoe and Tavernier are scoring plenty - while we have 3 top scorers with 1 goal . . . 

In the meantime they are 2nd top and we are effectively 2nd bottom on points - with Hibs likely to pass us very very soon...

Goals win games and we just ain't hitting the net - yesterday was especially poor - no shots on target - just as well Hearts missed their chances and Hladky made good saves. Their keeper read his kindle all through the match . . .

• 10 months later...
21 hours ago, mattman said:

An injury free Gary will be a great asset for them, half expected him to sign for a championship side

Don't think he will ever by injury free given his 3 years history with us and his age. 

Shame, since when he did play, he was 1 of the best C/H to play for us at Greenhill Rd. 

I would argue that an injury free Mac would still have been an asset to us.

Or indeed any top flight club. The reason he was at us and is now at Peterhead isn’t to do with his ability which is unquestionable.

It’s to do with the fact he’s injured most of the time and has been for years.