Sign in to follow this  
Eaglesham saint

Gary McKenzie

I hear he's not coming back
Personal stuff apparently on Twitter somewhere. I have no idea if it's BS or not

Did you hear yourself say this In your head?

If he's not playing this week he will be on the bench.

Did you hear yourself say this In your head?

If he's not playing this week he will be on the bench.

Just passing on what someone told me. I will look for the link. If I've been whooshed I will be straight back on to say so. Hoping it's not true bud

10 minutes ago, st jock said:

I hear he's not coming back

Personal stuff apparently on Twitter somewhere. I have no idea if it's BS or not

No reason to question anything you've been told on Twitter.

No reason at all...............................:lol:

25 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Depends the extent of his injury... is it a strain or a tear? I suspect he will not be back until he has a week or more of physio at least

If it was a tear then its about a year out so I suspect its just a tweek.  Even a rupture is a good 6-8 months.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

If it was a tear then its about a year out so I suspect its just a tweek.  Even a rupture is a good 6-8 months.

A rupture is a complete tear. Why should it heal more quickly than a tear

3 minutes ago, smcc said:

A rupture is a complete tear. Why should it heal more quickly than a tear

Ok I should have used the word torn.  I tore my Achilles two years ago (ie not completely snapped) and it took me 8 months to make a reasonable recovery ie walk without pain.

24 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Ok I should have used the word torn.  I tore my Achilles two years ago (ie not completely snapped) and it took me 8 months to make a reasonable recovery ie walk without pain.

Yes - I presumed it is much more minor or we would have had an announcement of a more serious nature.. I was only alluding to the possibilities, based on the open nature of the question "Those kind of injury's"

But we are guessing as to what Gary is experiencing... Hopefully some physio, ultrasound, swimming etc. and he will be raring to go in the next week or two..

Personally tendons and ligament injury's were more often  worse for me than broken bones... fortunately I never had Achilles ..

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yes - I presumed it is much more minor or we would have had an announcement of a more serious nature.. I was only alluding to the possibilities, based on the open nature of the question "Those kind of injury's"

But we are guessing as to what Gary is experiencing... Hopefully some physio, ultrasound, swimming etc. and he will be raring to go in the next week or two..

Personally tendons and ligament injury's were more often  worse for me than broken bones... fortunately I never had Achilles ..

I badly broke my ankle once and was in hospital for a couple of days for an op to install some bolts and steel plates. 10 weeks to the day later I climbed Ben Lomond. Give me a break over an Achilles problem any day. If you feel any twinge on an Achilles then rest it immediately or else you are looking for trouble.

I badly broke my ankle once and was in hospital for a couple of days for an op to install some bolts and steel plates. 10 weeks to the day later I climbed Ben Lomond. Give me a break over an Achilles problem any day. If you feel any twinge on an Achilles then rest it immediately or else you are looking for trouble.

You climbed a footpath?

14 hours ago, Sonny said:

Aye. It was harder than climbing the stairs :)

Aye, but it was 10 weeks after having his ancle bolted together with metal plates and screws - I broke both ankles playing football, at different times and it still felt odd for several months, bending, twisting, passing, tackling, even going up stairs.. I never had any metalwork either.

20 hours ago, Sonny said:

How would one know if one was having a twinge on an Achilles.  Where exactly is it?