Disgrace

Steward at front told me that was the last guy in and it was 40 mins in the game got told to only expect 300-400 fans and that was the same with pie stall, club only told them to put the ticket box window up and not man the gate. He said that the club made an arse of it as that was the biggest support they have had there since the ugly sisters visited them and was surprised at how many we had took threw there.

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Whilst I do sympathise with anyone who travelled and missed part of the game, from what I read...
Someone arrived at 2.25pm and was seated before kick off even after queuing for scran.

The two people who missed a good part of the match joined the queue at 2.45pm and 2.50pm.

Whilst it would be great is a massive queue could be magically teleported inside at the one time, how realistic is it to turn up 10 minutes before kick off when a large crowd is anticipated and expect to get in straight away?

I got to the ground at 2.25, which is far earlier than I would normally try to get to the ground. Indeed the bus dropped us at the end of the queue.  I don't think it is unreasonable to expect to be in my seat within 10 mins of arriving at a ground over 30 mins before KO. 

If they had organised things well they may have managed to get away with it but a significant amount of the tickets that were being sold didn't actually work the turnstiles  and that then added to the delays.  During the time I was in the queue I would estimate 1 in 5 people had trouble with their tickets. 

There are always people that turn up at 5 to KO and expect to get in the game, I don't have a great deal of sympathy for them, but our bus was one of the first to leave at 1 pm, I'm glad I didn't get one of the ones that left at half 1. 

There's some right contradictory bastards on this forum that would do anything to spin any form of blame back on their fellow Buds.

Dunfermline were taking the piss yesterday.  Advertised as "pay at the gate" when it is in fact buy tickets at kiosk and then move to another line to enter, put two staff on to cover the entire away support and continued to charge full price to fans who had missed a good chunk of the match.

Even worse, there are photos going round of fire exists tied shut!  What the hell are they thinking?

To answer the question above, I would say yes, if a game is "pay at the gate" in the Scottish Championship I would expect to show up at 2.50 and make it in the stadium for 3pm.  Yesterday I would have been disappointed as people who arrive at 2.30 didn't get in until 3.15!

It's a right mess, and I hope the club will be taking all of this with Dunfermline.

On the other hand, for those grumbling about the time taken to get hot food: If you can't go 90 minutes without shovelling a pie or hot dog in to your gub there is something wrong with you!!  I never understand why the "luxury" of buying a pie and bovril is always factored in to complaints about pricing or queueing up at the football.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

There's some right contradictory bastards on this forum that would do anything to spin any form of blame back on their fellow Buds.

Dunfermline were taking the piss yesterday.  Advertised as "pay at the gate" when it is in fact buy tickets at kiosk and then move to another line to enter, put two staff on to cover the entire away support and continued to charge full price to fans who had missed a good chunk of the match.

Even worse, there are photos going round of fire exists tied shut!  What the hell are they thinking?

To answer the question above, I would say yes, if a game is "pay at the gate" in the Scottish Championship I would expect to show up at 2.50 and make it in the stadium for 3pm.  Yesterday I would have been disappointed as people who arrive at 2.30 didn't get in until 3.15!

It's a right mess, and I hope the club will be taking all of this with Dunfermline.

On the other hand, for those grumbling about the time taken to get hot food: If you can't go 90 minutes without shovelling a pie or hot dog in to your gub there is something wrong with you!!  I never understand why the "luxury" of buying a pie and bovril is always factored in to complaints about pricing or queueing up at the football.

Is it wrong to be hungry ? :blink:

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Whilst I do sympathise with anyone who travelled and missed part of the game, from what I read...
Someone arrived at 2.25pm and was seated before kick off even after queuing for scran.

The two people who missed a good part of the match joined the queue at 2.45pm and 2.50pm.

Whilst it would be great is a massive queue could be magically teleported inside at the one time, how realistic is it to turn up 10 minutes before kick off when a large crowd is anticipated and expect to get in straight away?

For me there was not enough gates 4 in total as wrote further back myself and wife were at the gates when they open only for problems to begin. Dunfermline  were not prepared for a large crowd.

Took a leisurely drive from Howwood to Dunfermline via Kincardine left at 12.35 arrived at 13.45 actually posted on here that they had keys to open ticket office/portakabin but supervisor had keys for the small safety deposit box that had the money and the tickets so waited until around 2 O'clock to purchase ticket. As others have stated about hunger I was wanting something to eat but don't understand the obsession of paying £5 for let's say a scotch pie and a cup of tea. I took a walk into Dunfermline centre but never found anywhere suitable apart from Gregg's so just left the food amazingly I managed to last until I got home to get some food. Left the match to my parking space right outside car showroom and took another leisurely drive home via Scotland's most ridiculous new tourist attraction (it's just a Bridge FFS) arriving at Sandro's chippy in Johnstone just after 6. All in all a nice wee relaxing day apart from between 3.05 and 4.45.

Guest TPAFKATS

I arrived at the stand at 245. Saw the queues and asked a steward what the deal was. He said one q was for tickets, the q next to it was for entry with tickets and the q at other end of stand was for cash turnstiles.
We joined the cash q as it only meant queuing once.
By the time we heard the teams coming out for delayed kick off we hadn't actually moved closer and there were around 500 still outside. The ticket turnstiles were refusing many of the guys who had just bought tickets.
We went to main stand (passing a couple of machine gun toting coppers) which had no queues but was ticket only. Found the home ticket portacabin and bought tickets which were an extra 2 quid.
2 of us got in, the third was refused as his ticket wouldn't work. Steward had to get a supervisor from home end behind goal to let him in. We missed between 15 and 20 minutes.
Steak bridies were plentiful and warm though.
Having bought tickets with allocated seating, we were told by stewards to sit in any seat.
Managed to meet up at half time and find seats together.
Dunfermline stewards are lucky our support is so good natured.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Took a leisurely drive from Howwood to Dunfermline via Kincardine left at 12.35 arrived at 13.45 actually posted on here that they had keys to open ticket office/portakabin but supervisor had keys for the small safety deposit box that had the money and the tickets so waited until around 2 O'clock to purchase ticket. As others have stated about hunger I was wanting something to eat but don't understand the obsession of paying £5 for let's say a scotch pie and a cup of tea. I took a walk into Dunfermline centre but never found anywhere suitable apart from Gregg's so just left the food amazingly I managed to last until I got home to get some food. Left the match to my parking space right outside car showroom and took another leisurely drive home via Scotland's most ridiculous new tourist attraction (it's just a Bridge FFS) arriving at Sandro's chippy in Johnstone just after 6. All in all a nice wee relaxing day apart from between 3.05 and 4.45.

between 3.05and 4.30 for me he he 

9 hours ago, Kemp said:

No fire exits were tied shut. It's a tamper tag to highlight that the door has been opened at some point. They break with no effort, same tags you find on a fire extinguisher. 

Agree with the rest of the post though. 

Edited by davidg

Just now, davidg said:

No fire exits were tied shut. It's a tamper tag to highlight that the door has been opened at some point. They break with no effort, same tags you find in a fire extinguisher. 

Agree with the rest of the post though. 

Glad to hear it, thanks.

It was a total shambles to be fair. You can't really pin this on the fans who went to the game, not matter how very hard some people will try. I turned up at 2.35 and got in at three, and I thought I'd got there pretty early. It's not like 5000 fans turned up, it was a quite big away support, but there were probably more at Falkirk and Easter Road last season and they coped just fine.

The guy in the ticket booth was blaming St.Mirren (not that I actually asked), but I find it hard to believe that Dunfermline honestly thought only a couple of hundred people were going to turn up. Whoever's fault it was, it definitely wasn't the fans, who were the ones who got shafted, again.

I strolled in to the ticket office in the main stand at three o'clock, no queue whatsoever, got a ticket across the counter, wandered round to the away end, through the turnstile and into the ground barely having to break stride. No disgrace as far as I am concerned.

2 minutes ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

I strolled in to the ticket office in the main stand at three o'clock, no queue whatsoever, got a ticket across the counter, wandered round to the away end, through the turnstile and into the ground barely having to break stride. No disgrace as far as I am concerned.

Crazy like a fox Howard, crazy like a fox. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

Makes you wonder if Dunfermline done this on purpose so that we were not in the ground to support our team. We should treat their support the same when they next visit, only open one gate and have it break down, let them stand outside for 45 minutes!

Aye, I was wondering the exact same thing. :lol:

3 hours ago, Luther G. Presley said:

Makes you wonder if Dunfermline done this on purpose so that we were not in the ground to support our team. We should treat their support the same when they next visit, only open one gate and have it break down, let them stand outside for 45 minutes!

I agree and also have our stewards walking about not knowing what to do and when the fans get a bit impatient and upset at having to miss half the game without explanation or apology think it's a great idea to bring up police who were armed how frightening for any kids in queue and a disgraceful way to treat away fans paying full price for half a game