Disgrace

Guest TPAFKATS
Out of curiousity i decided to go on to the pars official website today to look at what info they had put on about tickets for the game

Their website shows wednesday 13th Sept
Away support

St.Mirren fans will be housed in the East stand. 

St.Mirren fans should report to the away ticket kiosk, located at the rear of the East stand

Now thats a bit different from patg

That's also different to what our website was saying up to and including Saturday afternoon.

Guest TPAFKATS
Dunfermline were absolutely culpable and need to lrarn from this.
Anyone arriving at 2.30pm or before and missing the start has my full sympathy.
Anyone arriving after 2.30pm was then in an atea of higher risk.

We knew there was going to be a big crowd and there was indeed.

Back in Fergies day, they put on pre match entertainment not so much for our benefit, but to encourage the crowd to turn up early.

The earlier you turn up, the lesser chance of a mishap.

I state again... Dunfermline FC are primarily to blame... but not solely.

Really? You think 30 minutes leaves a risk of not getting in on time. This wasn't 50,000 trying to get into Hampden.

Really? You think 30 minutes leaves a risk of not getting in on time. This wasn't 50,000 trying to get into Hampden.

Experience would say yes... Really.
That is what actually happened.

Anyone turning up 15 minutes before kick off had no chance of making kick off.

Dunfermline were at fault for sure, but anyone turning up early enough seem to have made it inside in time.

Any disputable facts there?

Guest TPAFKATS

Experience would say yes... Really.
That is what actually happened.

Anyone turning up 15 minutes before kick off had no chance of making kick off.

Dunfermline were at fault for sure, but anyone turning up early enough seem to have made it inside in time.

Any disputable facts there?

You're using the benefit of hindsight from one occasion while not recognising the mitigating factors, i.e. the unused turnstiles, the large amount of tickets that didn't work and folk having to queue up twice.
1000 or so fans should've been able to get in easily over 30 mins if it was a cash gate as advertised, or indeed if tickets had been sold in Paisley.
Similarly the 4 or 500 who were outside with 15 mins to go.

1 hour ago, norman said:

The club were the only people to blame. If everyone had turned up at 2 pm, some people would have still have missed kick off. The queue started at around 2pm and everyone was finally in around 3.20, going by what's been posted on here. People arriving at different times should have actually helped, if everyone had actually turned up at 2pm, like some idiots seem to think they should have, it would have been worse.

Well at least this particular idiot wasnt one of those missing part of the game sp you can call me what you like.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

They should've turned up earlier then.

And to be fair, quite a number of their own posters have told others to stop whining and do exactly that next time.

Personal responsibility.

They seem to be a tougher bunch than us.

Edited by oaksoft

You're using the benefit of hindsight from one occasion while not recognising the mitigating factors, i.e. the unused turnstiles, the large amount of tickets that didn't work and folk having to queue up twice.
1000 or so fans should've been able to get in easily over 30 mins if it was a cash gate as advertised, or indeed if tickets had been sold in Paisley.
Similarly the 4 or 500 who were outside with 15 mins to go.

I did indeed recognise the mitigating factors when I said Dunfermline were culpable.

I happened to recognise the part we played by not anticipating a large crowd and turning up early.

It is exactly what I would have done had I been attending.

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I did indeed recognise the mitigating factors when I said Dunfermline were culpable.

I happened to recognise the part we played by not anticipating a large crowd and turning up early.

But people did turn up early. It took them at least an hour and twenty minutes to clear the full volume of people. I turned up 25 minutes before the game, and stood in a queue for 25 minutes. At no point was there no queue. There wasn't no queue then five minutes before kick off everyone appeared, so what time should everyone have been there at? 1? 1.30? Was the ticket desk even open then?

Trying to blame the fans for this f**k up is really poor.

Have Dunfermline Athletic apologised ?

Has our Club spoken to Dunfermline, on our behalf ?

Maybe today.

Dunfermline Athletic are 100 % to blame.

It should have been pay cash at the gate.

No ticket should have been issued till their new system had been tested many many times.

And tickets should have been on sale at St Mirren Park for the previous 7 days.

Tickets for the future Match at East End Park should be heavily discounted for all Saints Fans as compensation.

Guest TPAFKATS
And to be fair, quite a number of their own posters have told others to stop whining and do exactly that next time.

Personal responsibility.

They seem to be a tougher bunch than us.

Are Dunfermline fans whining? They can't be that tough then.

Not sure why you are bringing your mantra of personal responsibility into this - many fans have told you they took responsibility and turned up 30 minutes before kick off, many others checked that there was a cash gate and no need for tickets.

The drama Queen is you.

Guest TPAFKATS

It's exactly what's lots of our fans done and still missed kick off.

BTW, can anyone confirm if there was a cash gate open at the away stand?

Trying to blame the fans for this f**k up is really poor.

As is taking things out of context.

I said Dunfermline FC were culpable. That is indisputable.

The first two people to complain turned up around 15 minutes before kick off.

I said that given the anticipated large crowd, that was leaving things to chance.

How is that blaming the fans? Drama queen!

It is up to the Club to anticipate the estimated size of the Crowd. 

Simply, Dunfermline should have made it CASH AT THE GATE as their new TICKET SYSTEM was not tested correctly. 

Also sufficient Turnstiles should have been opened from 2pm. 

For any Championship match, fans should be able to arrive at anytime and expect to be admitted within minutes. 

DUNFERMLINE ARE 100% TO BLAME. 

ALL FANS ARE INNOCENT AND WERE TREATED DISGRACEFULLY. 

I  was outside the ground at 14:10 and joined the queue to buy tickets.  Tickets were being sold from one ticket outlet with one person serving ie taking cash, giving out change then handing over tickets. Progress was slow. As I got near the front of the queue a side hatch to the ticket outlet opened and a second person started selling tickets. 

Once I got my ticket I went to the turnstile queue (maybe after the 10 min wait in the ticket queue).  This queue was relatively short but slow moving.  At the turnstile there was someone standing behind the grill and I gave them my ticket. They handed it back and told me to scan it. Where? I asked. They pointed to a small plastic contraption hanging from the grill.  I placed my ticket under the grill and nothing happened.  I was told  to use the other end and not the end I had placed under the scanner. Again nothing happened. I was then told to turn it over and hey presto I was then told to push through the turnstile to gain entry.  My first thought was if they have to explain this rigmarole to everyone then it would take a long time to process the queue that was forming at an alarming rate.

There was nothing to indicate at any point that the ticket had to be scanned and not just handed over to the staff at the turnstile.

The scanner is not like the ones St Mirren use where you insert a ticket into a slot - it is more like one you would find in Tesco where you wave it about until you get a hit.  There were no instructions on the ticket or on the scanners or outside as how to place your ticket to have it scanned.  It probably took me just over 15 mins to get in after arriving at 14:10. Meanwhile the ticket queue (singular) now had hundreds in it.

The people responsible for the fiasco were solely Dunfermline Athletic FC.

1. There should have been more than one ticket booth.

2. There should have been more than 1 person selling tickets initially and far more as the queues grew. They could have given staff a pile of tickets to sell going down the queue.

3. The stewards at the turnstiles could have been shouting instructions that tickets were to be scanned and how to go about it.

4. Instructions should be posted on the outside walls before entering the turnstiles.

5. But even simpler was the person at the turnstile should simply have scanned each ticket instead of wasting time giving explanations on how to go about it.

Edited by Sonny

It seems a bit of a disaster by whoever is running the entry procedures at Dunfermline.

There should have been no surprise that there was a decent, no more than decent as I'm sure there's been considerably more in this ground in previous seasons, crowd.

There's no doubt late arrivals had no chance getting in even taking into account, hardly mentioned here, the KO was delayed by 10 minutes.

There's no real time to arrive before getting into any ground, everybody has different views on this but certainly arriving under 10 minutes you're chancing it. Also arriving around an hour before KO is, IMO, extreme, as there's feck all to do for that amount of time.

I wonder if there would have been the same amount of outrage had we won? 

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It seems a bit of a disaster by whoever is running the entry procedures at Dunfermline.

There should have been no surprise that there was a decent, no more than decent as I'm sure there's been considerably more in this ground in previous seasons, crowd.

There's no doubt late arrivals had no chance getting in even taking into account, hardly mentioned here, the KO was delayed by 10 minutes.

There's no real time to arrive before getting into any ground, everybody has different views on this but certainly arriving under 10 minutes you're chancing it. Also arriving around an hour before KO is, IMO, extreme, as there's feck all to do for that amount of time.

I wonder if there would have been the same amount of outrage had we won? 

FFS 

Did we no fecking win?  

It is up to the Club to anticipate the estimated size of the Crowd. 
Simply, Dunfermline should have made it CASH AT THE GATE as their new TICKET SYSTEM was not tested correctly. 
Also sufficient Turnstiles should have been opened from 2pm. 
For any Championship match, fans should be able to arrive at anytime and expect to be admitted within minutes. 
DUNFERMLINE ARE 100% TO BLAME. 
ALL FANS ARE INNOCENT AND WERE TREATED DISGRACEFULLY. 

Aaaaahhhh!

Until you shouted I had no idea!

Thanks for that holler (sic) than thou attitude!