Disgrace

36 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Thanks again twm.
Our website telling fans that the game was PATG was the main reason for the problem, IMO. If fans knew they had to buy a ticket they would've turned up earlier, or bought one on arrival prior to heading for food and refreshments.

I'm assuming that the reason this was put on our website is because Dunfermline told St. Mirren that it was PATG.

In any case, as has been pointed out earlier, at no point from when the cabin was opened was there never a queue. Therefore, it doesn't matter when folk turned up, the queue would still have ended at exactly the same time as it did.

The main reason for the problem was therefore not what was on our website.

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm assuming that the reason this was put on our website is because Dunfermline told St. Mirren that it was PATG.
In any case, as has been pointed out earlier, at no point from when the cabin was opened was there never a queue. Therefore, it doesn't matter when folk turned up, the queue would still have ended at exactly the same time as it did.
The main reason for the problem was therefore not what was on our website.

There's more than one reason why the queue to get into the game would've ended earlier with the accurate info being on our website.

It's kinda important to acknowledge the website info being the root of the problem. Either SMFC posted the info given by DAFC, which was wrong or SMFC posted the wrong info.

There's more than one reason why the queue to get into the game would've ended earlier with the accurate info being on our website.

It's kinda important to acknowledge the website info being the root of the problem. Either SMFC posted the info given by DAFC, which was wrong or SMFC posted the wrong info.

If there was never any point when there was no queue, how could it have ended earlier?

The root cause of the problem was that Dunfermline only had 2 people selling tickets.

If they had had more people selling tickets then there would have been no problem.

If they had given tickets to St Mirren to sell in advance of the game there would have been no problem.

It's important to acknowledge that the PATG info on the website was not the root cause of the problem.

On 16/09/2017 at 6:38 PM, proudtobeabuddy said:

I missed a third of the game today because of the incompetence of Dunfermline FC. Forget the score line it has nothing to do with that. I was queuing from 10 to 3 to almost half past. I will be making a formal complaint. Where should I complain though? My suspicion is that complaint to Dunfermline will fall on deaf ears. So who do you actually complain to about these matters?

Is 2.50 not quite late to arrive at an away ground where you need to queue for tickets. I wouldn't arrive that late at greenhill Rd as there would be a fair chance of missing the start 

Is 2.50 not quite late to arrive at an away ground where you need to queue for tickets. I wouldn't arrive that late at greenhill Rd as there would be a fair chance of missing the start 

I don't care about being a bit late.... 25/30 minutes late is a disgrace and totally amateurish.

5 hours ago, Warwick Hunt said:

If there was never any point when there was no queue, how could it have ended earlier?

The root cause of the problem was that Dunfermline only had 2 people selling tickets.

If they had had more people selling tickets then there would have been no problem.

If they had given tickets to St Mirren to sell in advance of the game there would have been no problem.

It's important to acknowledge that the PATG info on the website was not the root cause of the problem.

It is absolutely mind boggling that people are still finding this so hard to understand.

Guest TPAFKATS

I can get the 1454 from Gilmour St to St James and be in my seat at St Mirren park for kick off.

On 20/09/2017 at 7:42 PM, Gordon Urquhart said:

Dunfermline can ram it. No mention of catering issues and just hollow words treating fans like mugs again.

Can only echo that sentiment. In addition to last weekend's complete meltdown in organisation at East End Park, our second game there last season was equally ill-conceived and ill prepared for the visiting support.

shoe-horned into the stand shared with the home support, not enough seats available as numpties at the club greatly under estimated the visiting support, blocks of seating taped off, and stewards removing people who stepped over the tape, or wouldnt take a seat they could see hee-haw from. Not only did they take money for seats fans couldnt get, they also had the cheek to throw people out who had paid, who couldnt access a decent seat.

best action is to not give them the admission money! Imagine if on Saturday we had decided en masse at seeing the complete farce they were performing, to decide to not accept their poor attempt at organising a football match and head back to cars, buses, pubs etc to listen in to open all mics...

1400 X £18 = £25200.00 fine for being unable to stage a football match, and host visiting fans. I bet that would get their attention.

Edited by Lord Pityme

St. Mirren board told Dunfermline board through the week that around 500-600 fans would be travelling so Dunfermline prepared for that number of travelling fans and so did Stephen's for catering. The fact that more than double that amount turned up it can hardly be blamed on Dunfermline for their organisation, St. Mirren shot their own fans in the foot but gravely underestimating their level of support...

6 minutes ago, Parsfan1 said:

St. Mirren board told Dunfermline board through the week that around 500-600 fans would be travelling so Dunfermline prepared for that number of travelling fans and so did Stephen's for catering. The fact that more than double that amount turned up it can hardly be blamed on Dunfermline for their organisation, St. Mirren shot their own fans in the foot but gravely underestimating their level of support...

You have proof of this supposed number? I'd be surprised as even I would have thought around 1000. 

16 minutes ago, Parsfan1 said:

We stole yir Title. 

21 minutes ago, Parsfan1 said:

Then I am sure you wont mind if we decline the opportunity to stand outside your stadium whilst the game is on, and queue for  non existant food at you snack bar. Might be better if we just put that £25000 of visiting fan gate money into our own club?

28 minutes ago, Parsfan1 said:

I'm sorry but your club can have absolutely no excuse for the utter shambles that happened last sat.

The ground can easily cope with 1400 away fans, and for them to say that they did not anticipate that many away  fans is a feeble excuse.

We were always going to take upwards of 1000 fans to such an important top of the table game.

In any other business they wouldn't treat customers with such contempt

Dunfermline are a joke outfit.

26 minutes ago, Parsfan1 said:

Don't think so. We regularly take a crowd of 1000+ to games of importance even last season when we were bottom of the League. On a cold midweek night we took 800 to Kirkaldy when we were still trying to get off bottom. So 500 for a top-of-the-table clash? Naw, you are making it up.

16 hours ago, Big Yards said:

The St. Mirren website stated that it was PATG, therefore no need to queue for tickets.

In any case, as there was never any point at which there was never a queue, even if everyone had turned up at 2pm, the queue still wouldn't have ended until 3.30 or whenever.

2 hours ago, Parsfan1 said:

Absolute garbage.

2 hours ago, Parsfan1 said:

More like amateur afternoon at East End Park . Now 

image.jpeg