Disgrace

19 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

If it was PATG as stated on the SMFC website, which was likely info supplied by DAFC, then, assuming that they used the same number of staff, people would have got in quicker.

Two people selling tickets at, say, 5 customers per minute, would serve 50 people every ten minutes. Two people on turnstiles letting people through at 5 per minute would allow 50 people in every ten minutes. So, 50 people in through the gate after buying tickets every 20 minutes. 150 people per hour.

The same four people on 4 turnstiles letting people in at the same rate, 5 per minute, would be 20 per minute, or 400 people every 20 minutes. 1200 people per hour. Even at half the rate, it would be 4 times the number of fans in each time period. And that's not including the time taken to walk from the ticket cabin to the turnstiles.

So, assuming that the info on the SMFC website was supplied by DAFC, which it is logical to assume, then, if the info had been accurate, there really shouldn't have been any reason for all the fans not to get in on time, especially since the rate of entry I have used to demonstrate is probably on the low side.

But as it wasn't PATG, your post is irrelevant to my point!

3 hours ago, Warwick Hunt said:

The St. Mirren website stated that it was PATG, therefore no need to queue for tickets.

In any case, as there was never any point at which there was never a queue, even if everyone had turned up at 2pm, the queue still wouldn't have ended until 3.30 or whenever.

A neat way of attempting to absolve all the fans of any responsibility at all.

Coulda woulda shoulda.

Get to the ground on time, be one of the thousand or so who managed to get in on time and stop f**king whining.

Leave those who turned up at the last second and missed part of the game to complain to Dunfermline.

I can't believe people are still moaning about this. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A neat way of attempting to absolve all the fans of any responsibility at all.

Coulda woulda shoulda.

Get to the ground on time, be one of the thousand or so who managed to get in on time and stop f**king whining.

Leave those who turned up at the last second and missed part of the game to complain to Dunfermline.

I can't believe people are still moaning about this. :lol:

The fans had no responsibility whatsoever. The sole cause of the issue was the lack of staff selling tickets.

As I said, even if the fans had all turned up at 2pm, the queue wouldn't have cleared any quicker.

Did you go to the same school as TPAFKATS? :wacko:

I was in my seat 30 minutes before kick off btw.

2 hours ago, Warwick Hunt said:

The fans had no responsibility whatsoever. The sole cause of the issue was the lack of staff selling tickets.

As I said, even if the fans had all turned up at 2pm, the queue wouldn't have cleared any quicker.

Did you go to the same school as TPAFKATS? :wacko:

I was in my seat 30 minutes before kick off btw.

I dont accept your basic premise. I dont care about whether every single person turned up at precisely 2pm or not.

You are confusing me for someone who cares about other people.

The fact is that those who got there an hour before kick off managed to get in without missing anything.

Some people ended up getting in late. I provided a solution and received abuse so frankly they can go f**k themselves.

Edited by oaksoft

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I dont accept your basic premise. I dont care about whether every single person turned up at precisely 2pm or not.

The fact is that those who got there an hour before kick off managed to get in without missing anything.

Some people ended up getting in late. I provided a solution and received abuse so frankly they can go f**k themselves.

I agree with Oaksy , He doesn't care about other people.

In what way am I confusing you for someone who cares about other people?

I couldn't care less what you care about!

And you haven't provided any solutions.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Really? Were there people who queued up at 2pm who didnt get in on time on Saturday?

I must have missed that.

No, only you...................................2pm, life on the edge. 

TBH I seriously doubt you were actually there, I remember your "match report" from a game last season................................totally made up. :lol:

Let's be fair here. It was an utter blunderbuss with 2 clubs not doing their homework! Dung asked Saints how many supporters would be coming through for that game, and they were told 3-400, and that was according to the stewards. I got in at 2pm easily, but supporters buses normally arrive approx. 30 minutes before KO. I can only think that Dung, when they heard the figures from Saints, that they would try to implement a trial bar-code ticket entry as 3-400 could possibly be easy to process the fans. The 3-400 fans expectation came from a steward inside the ground.  He was told to expect nearer 1000. but, as we all now know, 1400 turned up

6 minutes ago, scabbydug37 said:

Let's be fair here. It was an utter blunderbuss with 2 clubs not doing their homework! Dung asked Saints how many supporters would be coming through for that game, and they were told 3-400, and that was according to the stewards. I got in at 2pm easily, but supporters buses normally arrive approx. 30 minutes before KO. I can only think that Dung, when they heard the figures from Saints, that they would try to implement a trial bar-code ticket entry as 3-400 could possibly be easy to process the fans. The 3-400 fans expectation came from a steward inside the ground.  He was told to expect nearer 1000. but, as we all now know, 1400 turned up

Again, I'd be very surprised that anyone at our club would have informed Dunfermline we would only bring 300-400.

Even the person that sells the pies at our ground would have guessed 1000 minimum.

Sorry, not buying that.

7 minutes ago, scabbydug37 said:

The same Stewards who repeatedly told fans they couldnt open a cash gate....... then opened a cash gate ?!?!     Aye , they`ll be the ones with the knowledge of what happened. :rolleyes:

Second bit simply doesnt make sense .

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Again, I'd be very surprised that anyone at our club would have informed Dunfermline we would only bring 300-400.

Even the person that sells the pies at our ground would have guessed 1000 minimum.

Sorry, not buying that.

Agree 100% 

Past history is usually a good guide for upcoming events, added to the fact we were sitting top of the league before the match and had sold out every supporters bus i would say the 300-400 story is deflecting bullshit from stewards and officials who f**ked up and dont want to admit it. 

Behind us now, hopefully all involved will learn from it and move on.

Guest TPAFKATS
Agree 100% 
Past history is usually a good guide for upcoming events, added to the fact we were sitting top of the league before the match and had sold out every supporters bus i would say the 300-400 story is deflecting bullshit from stewards and officials who f**ked up and dont want to admit it. 
Behind us now, hopefully all involved will learn from it and move on.

Is there a possibility our club told them 3 to 400 coming on supporters buses and that's been misinterpreted by dung?
Or its just shite from them [emoji3]

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Tell you what's a disgrace....

Dumbarton are charging £22 a ticket for our upcoming game.

Thieving, f**king ratbags!:lol:

They can stick that right up their hole.Think I'll have a week in Arran instead.

Edited by HSS