Ben Gordon

29 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Ben Gordon has had his contract terminated at his own request at East Fife. He is available now. Anybody think we will sign him till January as were struggling for center backs. or will we just ride it out til there all fit and available.

Read your own post...

"contract terminated at east fife" theres a clue in there!

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

at his own request. numpty

"Oh my darling...

knock three times on the ceiling if you want me....

twice in General Nonsense if the answer is No-oo-oo...."

aye so what are the selling points on a centre back that for whatever reason cant hack it at East fife..?

6 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Ben Gordon has had his contract terminated at his own request at East Fife. He is available now. Anybody think we will sign him till January as were struggling for center backs. or will we just ride it out til there all fit and available.

No.

You can't be registered as a permanent player at a club twice within a 12 month period, I don't think.

3 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Really? I remember Richard Gough signing for Rangers in a strange timescale but rules may just have been bent for them.

John Clark signed twice for Falkirk in under a year, played and scored the winner against us in his first league game back and the SFA fined Falkirk heavily and ordered the league match to be replayed the following week and we drew 1-1.

It also cost Eamonn Bannan his Falkirk job.

Perhaps the Gough transfer was because he didn't move domestically?

Edited by djchapsticks

John Hewitt left Saints in the summer of 92 and joined Deveronvale but ended up rejoining us about a month into the following season.   I think if you ask permission from the SFA then the rule can be overlooked, where Falkirk fell foul was that Clark was a trialist and they likely thought they didn't need permission to play him.

Edited by scottd
Crap predictive text.