St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 29/12/17

shull

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm closing the shop for three weeks from 30th Dec for three weeks so checking what games I can attend unfortunately just missing this game but absolutely delighted it's on TV.

Christ , yer closing it for three weeks . What difference is an extra 24 hours gonna make ? :rolleyes:

Close it on the 29th & open back up a day early !!

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm closing the shop for three weeks from 30th Dec for three weeks so checking what games I can attend unfortunately just missing this game but absolutely delighted it's on TV.

Off topic but...........why are you closing?

10 minutes ago, HSS said:

Off topic but...........why are you closing?

January is a very quiet have seen it myself living here add in fuel cost for low volume customers then you are as well taking the yearly holiday rather than the summer months so me and the wife are going away to the sun for 10 day's. Really pleased how things are going have a lot of repeat customers which is great as locals get you through the winter. Will also be able to do a three day hygiene course in Glasgow that gets you a top rating in hygiene,  for the shops that will be good , want a beer and wine license if you have every certificate possible it helps your case for a alchol license. 

Really missing watching Saints so thank God for Youtube for our highlights. Will be at every game out with my holiday. Feel we can really win this league.

• 3 weeks later...
Opened up quite a gap between us and the 3rd placed team.
In reality we can forget about any other team, bar United for a while. (Barring a total collapse and I honestly don't see that happening after our recent run of form)
Should be a cracking game, and on the telly into the bargain. 
Shame the game is on the telly since it will reduce the crowd and the money the club would have got from a sat fixture [emoji460]

Just now, renfrew said:

Shame the game is on the telly since it will reduce the crowd and the money the club would have got from a sat fixture emoji460.png

Aye, well it's not always possible for some of the support to get to a game so swings and roundabouts from the supporters point of view. 

Don't we get money for BEING on the telly which, I'm sure, will end up with us making more?

Glad it's on the telly. 

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, well it's not always possible for some of the support to get to a game so swings and roundabouts from the supporters point of view. 

Don't we get money for BEING on the telly which, I'm sure, will end up with us making more?

Glad it's on the telly. 

It will certainly reduce the away support by a fair amount, but with them winning today more of them than normal might appear. Someone said the telly money goes into the big kitty to be shared out at the end of the season to all the teams so shame if that is the case.

5 minutes ago, renfrew said:

It will certainly reduce the away support by a fair amount, but with them winning today more of them than normal might appear. Someone said the telly money goes into the big kitty to be shared out at the end of the season to all the teams so shame if that is the case.

So we get money then? :rolleyes:

As you say, United should still bring a decent support, more so as many will be on holiday so coming through on a Friday won't be as bad as a "normal" Friday. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As you say, United should still bring a decent support, more so many will be on holiday so coming through on a Friday won't be as bad as a "normal" Friday. 

I'm sure somebody posted that at the AGM the board stated that the money from TV games was much less than it used to be.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So we get money then?  :lol:

It was mentioned that TV money for cup games is much lower now at £32.5k. The rest is now put in the prize fund for the tournament so you'll get more if you progress

Courtesy of Thorizaar.

We do indeed get money for cup games, so might be similar for league games.

Will it cover any potential loss incurred due the stay away fans?

Possibly.

Edited by FTOF

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As you say, United should still bring a decent support, more so as many will be on holiday so coming through on a Friday won't be as bad as a "normal" Friday. 

Game on telly will reduce their numbers regardless of the holidays. You could thumb a life down off of 1 of their buses and I will buy you beers in the Court Bar :thumbs2

Seen on P&B that united have sold all of their 600 allocated tickets, with a further 1000 available on the night.

With 600 sold so far, would hope to see around the 850-1000 mark which coupled with the money from TV, might not be too bad!