St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 29/12/17

shull

4 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I was a critic of Baird and had my doubts as to whether he would cut it but he gets better every week, Davis brings out the best in him, he is a class act.

To be honest, I think Jack is helping Harry along with his return:P

What a result!

Save by Sammy could well be the most pivotal point of the season.

Two average sides in the first half with conditions and nerves from Lewis and co playing their part in the early stages of the game.

Better in second half despite United creating a few chances in early stages of second half but up stepped Lewis Morgan.

Morgan is invaluable to us and we are really lucky to have had him and watch him blossom into a truly outstanding player. It's obvious he is off to Celtic and then loaned back to us. Without him we would struggle to challenge for the title as he is such a brilliant player.

Bairdy was outstanding again and has been our best defender so far this season. He is turning in some terrific performances. Keep up the good work Bairdy.

Pleasantly surprised by a crowd of 6,200 with 5,000 buddies in attendance.

This team is going places and hopefully we can get a few extra bodies in the January window with the cash from Morgan and hopefully the windfall from John McGinn too and help us claim the championship title.

Happy New year to all my fellow buddies when it comes to you.

See you all in Greenock on the 2nd.

Just now, southsidebud said:

Is it possible... just possible.. that we are going to walk this league? emoji846.png I think so

Nothing is impossible but WAY too early to get carried away with thought s of "walking" this league.

We're in a great position, and, IMO, can only get stronger come the transfer window.

I know It's better to be a St MIrren supporter than any other team in the league right now. 

Fantastic win and  the difference this season is we're winning even when we're not playing great. We will get our form back soon and hopefully extend our lead at the top, we have a great chance of winning this league. Looking forward to the squad being strengthened in January too....onward and upward!

Nothing is impossible but WAY too early to get carried away with thought s of "walking" this league.
We're in a great position, and, IMO, can only get stronger come the transfer window.
I know It's better to be a St MIrren supporter than any other team in the league right now. 
Your sensible response is acknowledged and accepted, however I am on a Christmas bevy night high and am also a believer in short termism so I will party on regardless!
Should have quoted you in last reply...soz...a bit tipsy (and very happy) [emoji5]

Your sensible response is acknowledged and accepted, however I am on a Christmas bevy night high and am also a believer in short termism so I will party on regardless!
Should have quoted you in last reply...soz...a bit tipsy (and very happy) [emoji5]

Excellent 3 points and a huge slap in the baws for Dundee United.

Thanks to Sammy for keeping us level at half-time.

But actually I thought we had a mediocre first half and Dundee United helped us massively by being utterly woeful in the second half.

Nothing to celebrate really.

Mullen failed to impress and hopefully Reilly will be back very soon.

Hamilton, Dundee, Ross County and Partick Thistle will be feeling a lot more secure tonight.

A lot of work required to transform this squad into a top league side.

Just now, Wilbur said:

But actually I thought we had a mediocre first half and Dundee United helped us massively by being utterly woeful in the second half.

Hamilton, Dundee, Ross County and Partick Thistle will be feeling a lot more secure tonight.

TBH so did almost everybody. :lol:

Fantastic win and  the difference this season is we're winning even when we're not playing great. We will get our form back soon and hopefully extend our lead at the top, we have a great chance of winning this league. Looking forward to the squad being strengthened in January too....onward and upward!

Would be ideal as Dundee UTD are away to Falkirk, Dunfermline and Inverness over the next 4 weeks which is 3 really tough away venues. I can see them dropping a few points over these games so hopefully by 2nd Feb we could be extending the gap.

4 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Ultimately we can only beat the teams put in front of us. United are touted as our main challengers and we put them to the sword tonight. We've dealt similarly with all our major challengers in the last few weeks (Dunfermline/Livingston/QoS). It's happening

We have stepped up after the very disappointing result against Dumbarton who, for some reason, some accepted as they're "stuffy" which is strange as they are 3rd bottom of the league.

Thank god the manager never seen that as acceptable. 

I hope that result doesn't come back to bite us later in the season.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We have stepped up after the very disappointing result against Dumbarton who, for some reason, some accepted as they're "stuffy" which is strange as they are 3rd bottom of the league.

PS Our home record is outstanding, 25 points from a possible 30, aye, our ground is shite and will never be Love Street..................but it can be the place of new dreams and expectations. 

Could do with a new name right enough. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

:D:D:D NOTHING TO CELEBRATE!!!:D:D:D  Only on this forum!!! And if you win the lottery this week I'm sure you'll be on here saying how terrible it is because the big jackpot was won last week!! Have a very happy New Year Wilbur :lol:

Don't worry FS ... It won't.[emoji846]

4 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Very soft penalty followed by poor penalty take. Samson did well. Overall a pretty turgid affair with some tasty challenges. McDonald booked for heavy tackle on mcginn.

At least you gave Samson some credit. There's been plenty of poor penalty takers who have scored.